Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Picking Locks...

toddC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay so me and my friend want to pick up a hobby....We've been watching that new show Theif and not that we want to steal anything but we just thought it would be cool to learn how to pick locks lol...we have a pick and a tension thing already we just need to know how to do it...HELP US OUT!!! ahah

Ripass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your not going to get good at it over night. A good read is The Complete Guide to Lockpicking, or look on the net. It takes lots of practice. I think im going to be buying a Pick gun since its so much faster. They have adjustable tensions, and can throw the pins up fast.

On a side note, I bought padlock shims from southern ord, when i was in 8th grade. Now suprisingly these ****s really work. There was 5 of 4 sizes, A, B, C, D. Now with them you could open any ****ing combo Masterlock. In my school, like every other skool, uses them for gym lockers. So when people would piss me off, i took off gym padlocks, and put them on the *******s hall locker. It takes me 2 seconds with the padlock shim to open about any masterlock. Well after lockin peoples lockers at least 40 times, sometimes up to 8 times for 1 person, i finally got caught... well actually my friend did and he ratted me out. Got 5 days at home suspension. But now that im a senior, i look back and laugh at them days. I still got my pickset, with rakes and tension wrenchs and balls, and diamonds.. i loved them.... But to get good takes a lot of practice, theres no fast learning.. And the anarchist cookbook has been outdated for mad years.

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol... that reminds me my high school career...

I had a hobby of eyeing every gym locker that didn't have a Master lock.

Note: Master locks are the best locks.

Anyhow, when I found a nice cheap and generic brand combination lock, I always made it a habit to demonstrate to it's unsuspecting customers just how cheap their locks really were.

You grab the lock with the combo dial facing ******d, with your left hand, put the bottom up so that the dial now faces the locker, upside down. Get your right hand underneath the lock, and strike the backside of the lock with upward force using your palm. Should break everytime. And each time I made my point. Didn't plan on stealing anything though. At least, when there wasn't anything more valuable than musty gym shorts and binders full of paperwork. :D

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Word to the wise...

It wouldn't hurt if you either become a locksmith first, or at least start taking a Foley-Belsaw correspondence course on locksmithing, and keep proof of same with you.
The reason: If you're ever stopped by police and have lockpicks on you, you can be arrested for "possession of burglary tools" if you're not a "real" locksmith or at least aspiring to be one.
To me, it violates the sacred principle of "innocent until proven guilty" but that 's just how things are these days...

jackie_legs

Don Juan
Reaction score
In this knife magazine I have theres actually a kit that shows you how to pick locks.

I actually never thought of it before. hmm maybe I should give it a try.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.gregmiller.net/locks/mitguide/

PS anybody finds some information on picking multichamber concise tumbler's like Best locks give me a shout. I hate the damned things, bumpings does NOT work, no matter how fine tuned your bumb key really is.

Scraping doesn't work, there are generally two to three different combinations in a Best system because they are made with a core that is removable.

PPS, get yourself a high vibration bump key and you should be able to open any door on your block if your not in an industrial town.

PPPS Kicking in a door will always be the fastest way into a house...
Finding a door with a weak outerwall reveals a week door frame, carry touch-up paint, and a small tube of paint varnish to conceal crowbar damage. Slowly tease open the door to knock out the nails from the outer frame.
Most window latches on a house have been broken during the winter, simply force open the window with some torque and twist the core piece back into the door.
Myself, I assume most people have insurance, so I leave more tell-tale signs that there has been a robbery. If a house has NO signs of breaking and entering, than it's simply theft, which is not covered by insurance:p

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
god i used to do that as a kid, there is something at the bottom of inside the lock and something at the top, you're supposed to push the bottom down as you move the upper peice and then turn it or something like that, there are ridges inside also-dude i totally, forgot- i was 10 when i was really good at it...

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, sounds like your thinking of releases... these days those are outlawed because a skilled picker can crack it with the hand behind his back...

Those ridges are on different locks, they're tumblers, many different forms of those... usually they are the same style though, just different grooves in the keys(irrelevant to somebody with picks or bumpers)

I remember watching TV as a kid locking and unlocking a drawer we got from the dump. I mapped keys for two safes in town and filed them myself.

Damn, memories... I always wanted to blow my friends away by showing them how fast I could steal. Too bad I fell in love with the first girl who busted me stealing all those years ago:'( 9 years after she busted me, her sister.... damn, oneitis, I hate nuttin' in my head over her:(

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
On the topic of locks.
I've got a locker in the basement of my apartment building.
I want to put some stuff like $30 speaker stands and a bunch of other stuff that is not too expensive but I would not like to lose anyway.
What's my best option in terms of the protection. Here's what I got:
http://www2.northerntool.com/product/200319795_200319795.htm
How good is it?
Would a bicycle lock (the one that a metal C-shape frame) be any better ?