Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Physical Fitness

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a couple quick questions.

I'm hopefully going to be trying out for a club hockey team and i know a couple things that are going to be on the try out routine.

The first of which is a 3 mile run. I just did this in 28 minutes, only walking 3 out of 24 3/4 laps. I thought this was pretty respectable as i have NEVER tried to run that far.

The second of which is sit-ups. I'm going to assume its timed for like a minute, so when i did that, i was able to do 38 situps. I'm not sure if thats good or bad.

The third of which is push-ups. I haven't tried this yet, but i would like to know how many would be a good amount to do.

I'm 18 years old, 5'8 and i weigh 130 lbs.

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just keep running, doing pushups, and situps. You'll get better over time. Make sure that you're eating properly as well. Here's what I would recommend for you to do up until the tryouts...

Day 1- Run 3 miles

Day 2- Pushups, Situps

Day 3- Practice Hockey

Day 4- Rest

Day 5- Repeat

Consistently follow this routine. Try and pace yourself for the three miles so that you won't have to walk, it will get easier over time.

For pushups and situps, do them three times that day, as many as you can in a row. Don't sacrifice form, do them correctly.

And of course, don't forget to practice your hockey since that is probably the thing the coaches are looking for most.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think i have that much time.... :(

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
38 situps. I'm not sure if thats good or bad.
hmm... thats okay... you can do a lot better though... I know in School when we do the situps most kids get around 60's... I got 65 or something... Not the top but up there... keep it up and you'll get there...

As for running you kick my ass... I'm a sprinter... not a long distance runner... I could do it but I'd never have the will power...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CapiCrimini
I could do it but I'd never have the will power...
I never thought i could either, i just sucked it up, almost killed myself, and ran.

I actually missed the first two days of try-out (Dry land) so i'm not sure whats going to happen. I e-mailed the coach... so we have to see.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the only real advice I could give you is to push it and do the best that you can before and during tryouts. If you don't make it, at least you knew you gave it your all.

38 situps is okay, you should be able to do more.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NRM
If you don't make it, at least you knew you gave it your all.
Thanks, I will.

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
I don't think i have that much time.... :(
Well you're going to have to make time for practice if you make the team, right?

This stuff should take no more than 40 minutes or so a day.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking about pre-tryouts. But i'm worried as to whether or not i'm going to be able to tryout at all :(

Wish me luck.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hells ya, the coach called me last night at 2 and i still have a chance to try out. I even get to avoid all the nasty dry land stuff ;) I still wanna do it though.

I think i have a good chance, theres 24 people +1 goalie on the team, and onl 28 people (including me) are trying out. Go me!

Wish me luck guys.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: Well after two days of try outs, I'll say I did the best i could. The bad part is I don't think it was good enough...

Oh well, I'm hoping the coach will allow me to practice with the team, then give me a chance to play in games, that would be kickin' rad. Then i'll try out again next year.

I'm playing more for the social outlet, plus i love being on the ice. I feel so alive.

Alright, peace wiggas