Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

phone basics

Khag

Reaction score
I don't have much trouble getting phone numbers, but I find phone "conversations" difficult. What I'm doing right now is talking about some crap for about 5mins then dropping a date invitation. I find phone followups artificial in the sense that I'm avoiding topics that interest me because a real conversation takes time.

I've searched, but I haven't found much advice. What are some phone basics? How can I create a natural transition to asking them out? How should I phrase the date request (words to use/avoid)? Is it acceptable to call, ask them out, and hang up? How long is an "ideal" phone conversation? How do all these things differ between stranger number pickups, and number pickups from people I somewhat know?

epicwinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
once you get the number, it is best to text first.. so that she knows who you are before picking up the phone

make sure you don't respond right away... and your text msg must be shorter than her's

when you actually call her, sometimes it's best she does't pick up the phone... just leave a message with your name and phone number (if she is still interested, she will call you back; this is to eliminate uninterested ones)

DO NOT hide your number trying to make her pick up her phone (sneaky is creepy)

now, your first phone convo... you should use this to continue teasing her (if you haven't already, do it!) and tell her stories

make sure there is no awkward silences... like '''so... um... yeah''' she will lose interest

don't stay too long on the phone, make sure you are the first one to hang up, just say you got things to do and you have to go (hey, you ARE a busy, important person with better things to do, right?)

so basically; 1. text her 2. leave her a message (let her know who you are) 3. call her, create rapport 4.set up date

this is what I usually do and it works for me... hopefully it works for you too :up:

all the best!

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah but thing is girls wanna speak to me constantly i dont know why i hate talking over the phone but they get upset if i just txt...i try not too though so that rule doesnt apply for me..

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a simple fix to this problem... just skip the bullshit. She know's you're calling for something, so quit wasting both your guys' time and just ask for the date. Trust me, it'll be okay. Here's a sample:

Her: Hello?
Me: Hey it's me... you know, from the parking lot....
Her: Oh hey! What's going on?
Me: Not too much. I'm gonna head over to Joe's for happy hour in a few. Care to join me?
Her: Sure!
You: Cool. I'll see you there in about an hour.

BAM! So simple, so easy.

But wait! there's more...

It can be even easier. Ask her for a date BEFORE she gives you the number. I've said this I don't know how many times, and nobody ever listens to me. Ask for the date BEFORE you ask for the number. Women will be 100x less likely to flake. Want to see how easy it is?

Me: Hey you wanna hang out or something sometime?
Her: Sure!
Me: Cool. Let me get your number.

BAM! It's that easy.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it helps you. Write down what you want to say and practice it for awhile until you feel ready to call. I knew some business men who would write down what they would say before they made a call to someone and basicly just said what was on the paper.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations, you successfully executed a number close. Whether you got it online or the direct approach, it’s time to follow through. You don’t want to call too soon, as this appears you are over-eager. Best to wait two or three days, any longer and you stand the risk of her making alternate plans or forgetting you.

1) PREP: wait a day or two, incorporate something from their profile, email conversation, social interaction, to form an emotional anchor. If you hang up when they answer you need to gain inner confidence. TEXT FIRST!!!!

2) PURPOSE: have a plan prior to calling, dates, time & availability. Have a contingency alternate plan just in case she denies your first choice. Never ask for a date directly, use subtle suggestions. Suggest meeting for a drink at a mutual place.

3) HUMOR: don’t be too rigid, avoid interviewing (name, rank & credit score please), keep it light hearted, fun. Avoid sexual innuendo’s, asking personal , specific details. If she asks you qualifying questions return with humorous answers, then tell her all questions will be rectified on the date.

4) SCREEN: this is where the primary screening process transpires on both ends. You have to act like you are the prize to win over and she is the contestant. Maintain control without being controlling. Remember she is also screening you. You want to reassure trust, friendship while being slightly mysterious, interesting and challenging.

5) CONFIDENCE: slow down your speech, keep cool, relax. Don’t ask, suggest, lead, be decisive. If you appear nervous she will sense it.

6) TIME CONSTRAINT: keep it relatively short, as the longer you talk the more you tend to babble.

ANSWERING MACHINE/VOICEMAIL: introduce yourself, state their name, leave a cute message & your number, hang up. Wait a day or two, then block your number and call again at a different time. If she answers great if not just hang up and move on. Avoid saying anything sexual, you never know who will listen to your message. Incorporate sound effects to enhance your humor and increase your call back ratio.

NO ANSWER/WRONG NUMBER: if the phone keeps ringing-make sure to unblock your number to establish you are on a peaceful mission. Women don’t always answer blocked numbers or numbers they DO NOT recognize. If it’s a wrong number make sure you did not transpose any digits then obviously delete info and move on.

REJECTIONS: she changed her mind, keep your cool, never supplicate, plead, beg or whine. Maintain your composure and politely thank them for their consideration. Moving on without hesitation is the correct path to follow. Learn from your mistakes and try to figure out how to improve you verbal persuasion skills.

SHE GIVES AN EXCUSE: now there may be times in which you are calling at a bad time, so she may have to call you back. If she says let me think about it, I will call you back to confirm, hesitates in any way, odds are she is giving you the run-a-round. Find someone that is sincere, fun, and wants to meet.

ASSUMPTION INTRO-instead of asking if the person is there or can you speak to the person, just assume they answered the phone. “KELLY…….”?. When you ask if the person is there (hi, is Kelly there) you are giving the person an out, they may not recognize your number and may assume you are a tele-marketer.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: instead of saying the same old/boring cliché` “THIS IS WILLIAM FROM THE INTERNET, YOU JUST TOLD ME TO CALL YOU, LIKE 2 SECONDS AGO”………opt for something silly that stands out. This is Mr. Right calling, the man of your dreams, congratulations I finally made it through, this is your future Fiancée` calling.

ESTABLSIH AN ANCHOR-you want to gain rapid trust, put this person at ease and get her thinking she can let her guard down. This is best done by creating familiarity, evoking an emotion. Incorporate something from their profile, instant message conversation, text’d message, emails, etc. “HEY DID YOU ENJOY YOUR TRIP TO HAWAII, ARE YOU REALLY 6 feet tall, so have you received some interesting email offers yet, etc.

CUT TO THE CHASE-keep conversations relatively short, anytime you prattle on about your pop n fresh figurine collection you stand the risk of her losing interest or saying something lame. The artificial time constraint lead in is a good default method. Well (insert cute lil nic name) the reason I am calling is for my token date.

HAVE A SPECIFIC PLAN: don’t ask her permission to take her out to dinner, give her EITHER OR option, I am available this Friday or Thursday which one works best for you. Tell her a time, then discuss a location. I was thinking we could meet this Thursday around 8:00 PM at MOJO’s on 39th street, do U know where that is?. Have a contingency plan, (back-up) in case she is not available on that time/day.

CONFIRMATION: this is a double edge sword, some people think, if you call back a day before/day of the date you give the person the option of changing their mind. If It’s been a few days since you made plans and you don’t confirm, then you stand the risk of her standing you up for various reasons (she forgot, way too busy, something came up, better offer, changed her mind, etc). To decrease the being stood up factor, inform her of a specific plan and tell her to write it down on her calendar and not too forget. Never make plans too far in advance, a few days at the most. You can say what’s a good day /time to reach you to confirm, the morning of the date is good. OKAY SHY GIRL, I WILL CALL YOU ON TUESDAY MORNING TO WORK OUT THE DETAILS TO CONFIRM…..is this the best number to get a hold of you then.

QUALIFY TEASER-end the conversation with don’t forget to wear something sexy too, better not be one of those stalker chics, you have all your teeth right, etc. These are lil qualifier teasers that evoke attraction.

EXAMPLE (PHONE RINGS, SHE ANSWERS)
YOU: LISA?

HER: YES?

YOU: this is the man of your dreams calling?

HER: oh really !

YOU: nice tattoo, I never thought you would be the type to get a tramp stamp.

HER: hey that’s not nice, it’s just a rebel thing, I was young

YOU: don’t worry I know you are a Mary Poppins and your adventurous days are long gone, listen the reason I am calling is for my token date. I was thinking meeting for a drink around 8, tomorrow at xyz bar…you know where that is right?

YOU: OK I will call you tomorrow before the crack of noon to confirm the details………wear something sexy too!

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^

screw that guys rules.. what you want is to download a nice little bit of russell brand radio from pilkipedia, and model the hell out of his convo skills.

LIVEN UP DUDE!!!