Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Philosophy prevents me from getting job, what are my options?

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Without reading your exasperatingly long cry for help of a post, I can safely say that your philosophy also prevents you from getting laid or having a life.

enamdar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
Without reading your exasperatingly long cry for help of a post, I can safely say that your philosophy also prevents you from getting laid or having a life.
Well thats true I have no friends and am a virgin. I'm poison to the gene's survival instinct. But I don't really think my philosophy is personal like my dad claims. I've read a plethora of PUA literature since 2004, and made a few weak attempts to put DeAngelo, Strauss, NLP, mystery etc into practice, but I wasn't really into it. I don't really have a strong eros drive. I only pursued it in a Hegelian sense by accepting what the wider culture commands of me. But the end result of me reading the Roissysphere was just to help cement a biological human nature theory of pessimism which just confirmed my philosophy.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All your points on Darwinism are missing something, we are not just a gene machine any-more. Read 'The Selfish Gene' chapter on memes again then pick up 'The Meme Machine'. We have entered a new stage of evolution that is more powerful and evolving exponentially faster then genetic evolution, thus could be considered more important. Genetic evolution is actually 'regressing' (evolution has no goal or direction but you get my point) from a desirable human perspective because of modern medicine and the mass idiots who are mass breading. We no longer have to survive until reproduction to be a successful machine. Your memetics are more important then your genetics and are passed on through your communications. Global IQ scores are going up while our naturally selected brain genes are scattering because of this fact.
You don't need to reproduce to be a successful meme machine and someone like yourself is more then capable of even adding a new meme to the meme pool, not just passing on memes that were handed down to you. You have already passed on some of your memes to me as I'm going to order Nieztche's 'will to power' because of this thread.

EDIT: Also, why do you think that you failed university?

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you'd work half as hard as you try to reason out all the reasons you won't work you'd be rich. Know alot of guys who work hard at not working and I'd have to say you are the smartest dumbazz out of all the dumbazzes.

The world doesn't pay well for existential thinking, it's so unfair, I can't live without working,can I be committed? Grow a pair of ba11s or die-doesn't matter to me. I'm calling spoiled brat on this one.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir, may I say that you have allowed life circumstance and man's wisdom and knowledge to cloud your thinking and to take control of your life. The Ideals from man's Philosophy, devalue man from his original state. God intended man to live abundantly and to be fruitful.

Your philosophy and this rat race of yours is a creation and consequence of man's actions. Man apart from the Living God has a need to fill the void which is The source of creation of all philosophy's and false religions from down the centuries. Men and philosopher's through out the ages have tried to explain life void of God, and sadly at the end they find how much despair, empty, and meaningless life is.

If your life is empty, it can be filled to overflowing! I think that's what you need.

If you were to die by execution right now, would that mean anything to you? From the state your in, i would say no.

What if someone loved you so much he were to take your place to die and said to you, I want you to live your life you were meant to live and to love others.

Would that mean anything to you?

enamdar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ea Gold, Well despite the fact that I'm not religious many of the philosophical questions I grapple with are theological in nature and the thought experiments in questioning God AS IF he did exist are worth asking. For what purpose would a perfect God create an imperfect universe, is free will worth evil. And so Christian existentialists like Pascal, Kierkegaard and Dostoevsky have greatly influence my thinking.

Kierkegaard incidentally wrote Diary of a Seducer based on Don Juan and Casanova. He saw the seducer as the prototype of the aesthetic stage of life. Chasing beautiful girls becomes an end itself, an art form. The problem is that once you have progressed to ethical life, or religion it becomes impossible to slide back down to aesthetic life without Sartrean bad faith. The aesthetic man is not unethical, in the sense that that category does not even apply to him. He is in a Nietzschean way beyond good and evil. But an ethical man who embraces the aesthetic life is not aesthetic he is a fallen ethical man. And there is a big difference.

Kierkegaard ironically played a role in my one attempt at sarging. My wing had this PUA math magic trick. And the girl he tried it on had read the Game and knew all about PUA and called us out on it. She said I don't think drunk sluts at bars are going to be able to do math. She happened to be an artsy-type lesbian with a nose ring. It turned out she was a philosophy major and I said "you know Kierkegaard wrote a lot about seduction", to which she responded "didn't he commit suicide?".

I think the transition to sargining could have been made back in high school from being a military buff to embracing the strategy and tactics of sarging. I was a quiet kid in elementary school and had a chance to reinvent myself as wild and crazy when I moved to a new town in middle school. I actually had popular attractive girls literally chasing me, calling me cute saying they liked me. And I had some playful flirting with the popular girls all throughout middle and high school. Although I realized that they were just joking playing around with me, and didn't actually like me. I value humor so I didn't mind it, but I knew better than to make a fool out of myself by taking their comedy act seriously. The self-help guru's mantras have a grain of truth in the sense that my delusional overinflated ego and confidence with no basis in reality, led to some genuine accomplishments I was elected to student government, nominated for homecoming king, briefly held the benchpress record, and played football, wrestling and swimming (although I sucked at sports). Throughout high school I wavered between aesthetic and ethical life. I regarded girls as a distraction from the "mission" although I delusionaly believed I could have any girl I wanted if I chose to pursue that path. In college it became impossible to waiver and I embraced a rather uptight puritanism. But as I studied philosophy I came to see truth in Hegel's concrete ethics as opposed to Kant's abstraction. Ethics governed by the actual society you live in.

Hegel writes: "The fact that I must direct my conduct by reference to others introduces here the form of universality. It is from others that I acquire the means of satisfaction and I must accordingly accept their views. At the same time, however, I am compelled to produce means for the satisfaction of others. We play into each other’s hands and so hang together. To this extent everything private becomes something social. In dress fashions and hours of meals, there are certain conventions which we have to accept because in these things it is not worth the trouble to I insist on displaying one’s own discernment. The wisest thing here is to do as others do."

In that sense conformity and peer pressure are actually the highest representations of freedom. The difference between the individuality of a citizen and a rebellious teenager. Hegel says the real is rational. So I made a rather intense study of popular culture. I was interested in studying the way in which pop culture expresses the values and duties of our society. In that sense the highest duty and virtue was to pursue PUA sarging. But it was very hard to truly embrace that life with good faith. It is just as impossible to travel back in time intellectually as it is physically. In some sense I maintained my semi-religious ethical views while realizing that they were not grounded in biological man as he actually was. In a sense my pessimism derives from having Christianity without Jesus.

rocksoff

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^^ wow man, you sound ****in nut's. Basically youre just saying everything is pointless and that youre too intelligent to deal with it and would rather die confined in a cell being taken care of WTF. Just get laid for starter's and you probably wont be spouting all this bullshiit

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
enamdar said:
Well I didn't graduate college, I just stopped going just short of graduation, and got straight Fs for the semester. I'm currently living on my own burning through my savings. I'm not supported by my folks except to the extent that a large part of my saving came from them originally. I suppose its a game of chicken. I'm just not going to act from any self-preservation. I'm not willing to take conscious action to struggle in the Darwinian struggle for existence and reproduction. Of course females prefer men with a job, and so-called independence. (Although I enjoy the maximum possible independence short of Walden, my only master is the ticking clock, so perhaps "independence" is not the admired trait afterall?) It is pointless to begrudge the mechanical genetic programming of Dawkin's survival machines. The ape-rapist best able to secure resources passes on its genes. There is nothing "conscious" about it. It is simply a tendency most likely to be preserve. If one is to be anthropomorphic one can call such behavior "cruel" or "sadistic", but it is simply a natural tendency to be preserved, even in humans. As Hume said one can not get ought from is. At first I was mystified by the human obsession with sex. For a long while I took a Calvinistic Puritan view that valued the reproductive values of sex against pleasure. Only a biological view, that it was indeed the genetic motive itself that produced such sex-cruelty made it comprehensible to me. So I'm pretty dismissive of the idea that a girlfriend offers any solution to metaphysical despair. Although I understand the genetic origins of such reasoning.
You're a pseudo-intellectual fvckwit who needs to stop pretending that you're smart.

Go get some therapy, NOW.

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, a couple nights ago I went against a guy in boxing match who was about to go pro in a couple months. I got my butt kicked. That being said: stop b1itching. You can either toe to toe with life or you can spend it feeling sorry for yourself. The point is that you aren't entitled to the life you envision in your mind because you have to earn the right to live the way you want.

Relations

Don Juan
Reaction score
Enamdar, stop it. You're giving yourself excuses to not work. It's probably the easiest thing to so in the world. And frankly, you are okay with being lazy as long as you get this so-called "freedom". Why do you want freedom so bad if you cannot enjoy it?

Honestly, true freedom does not exist, so rather than aspire to the impossible, make the best of a realistic situation, so when you grow old, you can look back on your life and smile. You are not a prisoner of society, but rather of your own expectations. So I advise to:

1. See a therapist or psychologist because you obviously have some personal demons

2. Find work as soon as possible to keep yourself busy. You think to much for your own good.

3. Start re-improving yourself again; go to the gym, back to school, get friends, move out from your parents(if you can safely manage that) Your biggest problem is motivation. That's the hardest part, creating motivation from nothing, but if you push and try hard to do what you know you need to do, even when you don't want to, then it will come naturally.

Get a puppy. That would cheer you up. And stop reading existential philosophy. It is useless in regard to puppies.

enamdar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the inclinations that come naturally to everyone in our society (eg wanting to get laid), don't really drive me. So what is first nature to everyone else, has to be made a rational argument to me, and so I see PUA as sort of a Hegelian duty as opposed to others who feel it internally. I suppose it was necessary that all spiritual illusions be blown away before I could truly see the world biologically.

I look back and regret that I read the Don Juan manual back in 2004, and just concluded that I was already using its tactics naturally since I "played hard to get". Development is evolutionary, which is why "confidence" and "alphaness" is the sum total of life experiences and not just an attitude you can decide to have. In that sense the lost time 2004-2010 is a shame. But I think theres an analogy with the football team. I SUCKED at football. Most boys play street sports and some organized sports from the age of 7 till college. I never played any sports outside gym till 10th grade. I was on the football field a grand total of 3 times, the 2 years I was on the team. And yet I consider my lackluster athletic career one of my greatest achievements. It was a case of the will determining destiny over nature. So PUA is a lot less secret than it was in 2004. But if PUA has one show on VH1, sports has 20 whole stations. So PUA is a much bigger "secret" than football ever was. And anyway the basics of PUA aren't new. Jerks get girls, nice guys finish last has been a mantra for the last 3000 years. In that sense I was far more backward in sports than I'm in PUA. I made 2 weak attempts to join school teams in middle school and quit both times. I spent 2 years of high school letting my body turn to sloth. I could have just said look at all those wasted years, why bother with sports? So I made one weak attempt at sarging 2 years ago. While not successful, it was kind of fun doing improv. In some sense the PUA team is the same thing as the football team. A group of guys organized and practicing for 2 hours every night after school. And I may suck just as much as PUA as I did at football, but the team could become an end in-itself. And like HS football its a team with no tryouts and no cuts, open to all who want to play.

While I might not naturally be inclined towards the values of 2010 US pop culture, as Spinoza said "freedom is recognition of necessity".

My life is kind of a mess right now, since I kind of took a scorched earth policy to wreck my own life, to make sure I couldn't chicken out from nihilist apathy. But I think for too long I've put the cart before the horse. That I've got to solve everything physically through exercise and social success will follow, as opposed to pursuing social success even if not at full-attractiveness as the most powerful motivation for exercise. And there are ways to "fake" attractiveness, while no way to fake strength.

I guess the other thing is my career prospects which look bleek. But I guess I regret I didn't major in something like business or computer science. But the idea that I could force myself to love math is a fantasy/ Wishing to love, and loving are not the same thing. If I couldn't force myself to love working out after 10 years, I will NEVER love math no matter how much I say its the realization of reason and logic. Despite what I may wish I liked, theres nothing I hate more than math. Which means theres pretty much nothing harder to convince me to love. It would in fact be far easier to convince myself that working a grill at McDonalds was the true realization of human freedom and destiny and the authentic human life.

enamdar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a PM asking me about some philosophical books I would recommend and I thought I'd share my opinions here.

I think the essence of philosophy for me is the opposite of Zen living in the moment, it is purposely living outside the moment with a sense of detachment. In some sense being the actor in the movie who is complaining about the script, asking "what's my motivation", as opposed to being the actual character immersed in the story. Its breaking the fifth wall of life.

As a general introduction to philosophy I'd recommend teaching company audiobook lectures, which you can get at your local library or online. You get the same education as if you attended the best colleges in America. And also the site squashed philosophers.

So 5 philosophy books off the top of my head

1.Meditations of Marcus Aurelius, which is the handbook of the Roman Emperor, the two greatest Stoic philosophers were a slave and an emperor. You can be free in the mind, whether the body is on thrown or in chains. A very useful book on cultivating detachment from the calamities of life.

2. Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit. I would recommend all of Hegel's works. IT gives a sense of perspective of where we as concrete individuals in the world are in the historic sense, and is a great "big picture" work. Its kind of like imagining your perfect utopia, and asking ok what are the most abstract ideas on which your utopia is organized. You then take those categories and apply it to the real world and realize you've been living in utopia all along.

3.Everything You Always Wanted Yo Know About Lacan (But Were Afraid To Ask Hitchcock) Zizek is great at looking at the philosophy found in pop culture, and is one of those rare comedian philosophers. Also check out his youtube videos. And for PUAs hes another example of ugly guy/hot wife.

4.Kierkegaard's The seducer's Diary , a philosophical take on PUA.

5. Schopenhauer's Philsophy of pessimism, the origin of both enamdar's angst and Nietzche's counterreaction. On youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pwItrhEZo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF5luzpfp_g&feature=related

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, posting that much dribble at one time must take a special kinda person. I imagine the plate on this guys car (or moped) must read CRZY BORD or TME 2 WST. Either way Dementiaville's ambassidor has definately made his or her entrance onto the DJ forum in grand and obviously lengthy fashion.

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the smart philosophers that agree with you realize what you are saying about our culture and existence as a whole but choose to dumb themselves down and "play the game" in a sense, because in the long term they realize they will reap more happiness that way.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While a lot of meatheads here will tell you to "suck it up", I truly understand what you're talking about. This rat-race you speak of is hell, and everyone climbing their way to the top is always stepping on someone else, even when you don't mean to. Who makes these rules? Why follow these rules? Why belittle others because they don't want to live in this society? We didn't choose it so why are we forced to put up with it?

I mean I keep going. I have specific goals in mind that give me inspiration and I'm achieving them, slowly but surely. My reasons for opting out of society aren't good enough, so I trudge on. Painfully.

What are your thoughts on suicide? Ever thought about using that as an alternative?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brighty said:
I think the smart philosophers that agree with you realize what you are saying about our culture and existence as a whole but choose to dumb themselves down and "play the game" in a sense, because in the long term they realize they will reap more happiness that way.
Most people just forget about their nihilistic views of existence once they start feeling their human emotions, even if they are illogical. You just roll with it, live, learn and love because you can't help it as you are just human animal. Although it's always fun to stare into the abyss from time to time and feel the freedom.

enamdar, you don't see it like this because you're depressed. Go to a psychologist and try to take action to get out of this because life can be great.

Sisyphus7

Don Juan
Reaction score
While logical, the fundamentals that you base your philosophy on are flawed.
But, I don't care to write a wall of text.
I understand the futility you see; however, if you cannot move outside yourself, you will always be miserable.

enamdar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I kind of regret not joining PUA back in 2004 when I first read the DJ Bible. But on the other hand the most important thing about PUA is not the individual
tricks or tactics, its the seduction community. And in that sense the bigger and less "secret" it becomes, the bigger the PUA army. Which is a good thing.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
What are your thoughts on suicide? Ever thought about using that as an alternative?

wtf are you talking about? hopefully this is meant to direct him away from it....

but i don't see how this does that. The people that commit suicide as a cope out of life and just not man enough to face the hardships and therefore never become DJ's. No one is ever a waste of life in my opinion and everyone deserves a second chance so suicide should never be an option. The only time i can see suicide being beneficial is when you have no chance of living anyway and you want to die to relieve pain (youth in asia) or war times when your injured/have a chance of being a POW.

and to the OP. If you don't like the way society is now....change it. That's exactly what i'm doing. Don't sit there and b1tch about it.