Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pets

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
in Australia, our animal protection dudes, the RSPCA, say that 53% of dogs they get and 67% of cats are euthenized

unfortunately, nobody really wants an older cat.

i'm giong to go the shelter without any pre-concieved ideas of what cat i want, i'll just get the cat that most want to be with me.

thats the most important thing anyway. as long as its not too much of an attention wh0re

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lordson said:
in Australia, our animal protection dudes, the RSPCA, say that 53% of dogs they get and 67% of cats are euthenized

unfortunately, nobody really wants an older cat.

i'm giong to go the shelter without any pre-concieved ideas of what cat i want, waiting patiently for my Chinese broccoli

thats the most important thing anyway. as long as its not too much of an attention wh0re
I think this is a good idea. Many people go in there and pick the one with whom they have the most rapport.

You go with your heart. Pick the one that speaks to you.

Please keep us updated on your search, k? Also, spay/neuter your little guy/gal!

Cheers.

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the great thing about our shelters is that they come wormed, vaccinated, mircochipped, vet checked and spay/neutered already

prices form shelters average $100 ish for cats

i'll probalby be going in a few weeks. i'm going to a small country town by myself for about a year for work, so i would love a companion

i'll be prepared to keep the cat for life too of course

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lordson said:
the great thing about our shelters is that they come wormed, vaccinated, mircochipped, vet checked and spay/neutered already

prices form shelters average $100 ish for cats

i'll probalby be going in a few weeks. i'm going to a small country town by myself for about a year for work, so i would love a companion

i'll be prepared to keep the cat for life too of course
Excellent! That's how shelters (most of them anyway) work where I live.

I'm excited for you. It's like getting a new family member (as another poster mentioned) - and with it comes the pros and cons.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cats puke up hairballs everywhere... just a FYI.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's another good reason to get a short-haired cat. Hairballs are less common if you brush the cat, too, and there is a malt-flavored hairball remedy that cats like as a treat.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
splinterkb said:
Cats puke up hairballs everywhere... just a FYI.
Their diet has something to do with that. I've had my cat for about four years and she's only been sick once.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was the most stomach-turning video i watched in a long time, and i stumble upon a lot of sick sh1t online. As for that guy who threw that dog to get crushed in a garbage truck...i would gladly shoot him in a face point blank if i could get away with it..such a piece of sh1t doesnt deserve to be alive. Nobody who knows me would ever call me a compassionate person, but i cant stand when people torture other living things just for the hell of it.

I adopted a kitten from a local shelter 8 months ago, she was 5 months old, and now i could never give her away...they just grow on you too much. You will never get as much affection from any human being as you would from a pet.

If you do decide to go with a cat, make sure it was around the mom for at least a couple of months after birth. If it wasnt, you may get some behavior issues and odd personality later on. If you dont have time for lot of clean up go with shorter hair.

This was the first pet that i had to care for all on my own, and it wasnt nearly as bad as i thought it would be.All she wants from me is a clean litter-box, food twice a day, and some playing time here and there...if only my girlfriend was that easy to please. Just dont get frustrated when it poops on a carpet or knocks sh1t over...cause it WILL happen. They usually grow out of their super-energy-psycho-kitten phase by 1 year. Also dont skimp out on crappy cat food, buy healthier, more nutritious stuff, it may cost a bit more but will lessen the expensive vet bills in the future.

It is definitely worth it, but it's a 10-15 year commitment so make sure you're up for it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good to see some cat-lovers, here. I have always grown up with animals. While driving home from a hs football practice, I swerved to miss some road kill in the middle of the road. The next night, 24 hours later, I again swerved to miss the same road kill, when it picked up its head to look at me as I drove by. I went back, and it was a tomcat who had been hit by a car and was dragging himself around by his front paws. His back half was paralyzed. I took him home, fed him what I thought would be a last meal, and made him a bed in a box in my garage. When I got home the next day, I went to get a shovel to bury him before I even looked at the cat. Instead of being dead, he was standing up and trying to walk. He'd walk a step or two and then fall over because his back legs didn't work. But then over the next few months, that cat healed completely. Other than a slightly deformed hip, for which I named him 'Bump,' he was fine.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Good to see some cat-lovers, here. I have always grown up with animals. While driving home from a hs football practice, I swerved to miss some road kill in the middle of the road. The next night, 24 hours later, I again swerved to miss the same road kill, when it picked up its head to look at me as I drove by. I went back, and it was a tomcat who had been hit by a car and was dragging himself around by his front paws. His back half was paralyzed. I took him home, fed him what I thought would be a last meal, and made him a bed in a box in my garage. When I got home the next day, I went to get a shovel to bury him before I even looked at the cat. Instead of being dead, he was standing up and trying to walk. He'd walk a step or two and then fall over because his back legs didn't work. But then over the next few months, that cat healed completely. Other than a slightly deformed hip, for which I named him 'Bump,' he was fine.
I know some of the SSers will roll their eyes because I'm about to make a "chick" comment... But whatever!

You are a good man. Bump is very lucky to have you.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He was, thanks. Bump lived out his days as a barn cat. My parents kept him when I moved away to college. Now I have two cats, neither of which I ever asked for, one was my ex-wife's but liked me a lot better than her, and another was af's who hates cats, especially this one. One is very smart, the other very dumb, and they both hate each other.