Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Persisting vs Dismissing

beforeimgone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the context of this post, think of persistence as a chick that gave you her number, but doesn't respond to a text you send so you hit her up a week or so later(regardless of if she responds the previous time). Dismissing would be seeing that she hasn't responded and proceeding to forget about her until she hits you up again.

For the longest, if a female didnt respond then it was the end of a conversation until she reaches out again. In that headspace, I tend to forget names and feel good having a random number hmu from nowhere. It also makes them more agreeable.

Recently I've been trying to be more persistent(testing out a theory). For instance, get her number and schedule a meet up. If at any time during the interaction she stops responding, hit her up a week or two later to schedule another meetup. This feels like grasping at straws and is a pain to hit up lukewarm or cold females.

I do understand that I may get laid a little more by pursuing like this due to the fact that there will be times when I catch her in between guys, but it appears as though the persistent approach is coming from a lower place of value than forgetting her. I get laid plenty so dealing with a female that isn't into me is a huge pain. It feels like time wasted when there's a super interested chick somewhere else.

Personally, I find it more natural for me to next a low interest female instead of being persistent due to the fact that I'm not too invested in the first place. I've reverted back to not wasting my time being persistent with those types, but before I allow myself to get completely and fully immersed in dismissing low interest females, I wanted to know if persistence is better. What do you think and why?

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"The magic of confident persistence" is an article which almost ruined my life.
#
Fvck persistence. i have always found women who want you don't put up roadblocks.

I had an HB10 feign interest to get attention. I wasted 2 years of my life obsessed with her - the cause - thinking that persistence pays off. It doesn;t

If a woman won't meet you, date you, fvkc you etc it's as plain as a bulgarian pin-up - she is not interested in you. There are no exceptions.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Persistence only works if she has some interest in the first place but has a legitimate reason not to get with you...like she knows you're bad news, has a bf or something like that. That's when persistence works. If she's not replying to your messages, move on. The longer you're in this, the quicker you'll be able to see which girls are pretenders, they make it pretty obvious if you pay attention. I usually try and do the smallest thing to move things forward, if she can't do that then its not going to happen.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, these "maybe" women with low interest are a big waste of time. It cost me money, opportunities, and time better spend on someone else. The funny part is that they always show up at the wrong moment only screw with your plans or head. I say use them if they have any social value or just plainly avoid.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A hi how s u reach out text a week later ...sure. Any more than that smells of AFC

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Confidence persistance is also not becoming mad when she declines your date, when she's busy, when she refuses to have cex and just smile it off and go about your business.

A plate refused cex twice and flaked on a date. Okay, I said no problem, smiled it off and bailed. Now we meet up a week later at a random party (this saturday) we make out, we split up. She texts me to come to her house and I went to f8ck her. Now shes blowing up my phone.

Well that's confidence persistance. Ofc only do it to girls that have some sort of interest but don't get butthurt because shes putting some roadblocks on the way. It doesnt always mean Im not interested. Some girls protect theirselves because they got hurt so many times...

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are like children they have very short attention spans and like taking things off other kids

Saying this there is no right or wrong answer to this question

Women enjoy being chased , they also enjoy chasing guys they cant have

So you need to assume one of these roles and stick to it

personally I enjoy letting the woman put the leg work in …..i feel if she is prepared to make an effort with you then you can expect very little trouble from her

be warned though that women are extremely used to guys hounding them and when you come across TOO cool they will see it as a sign your not attracted to them

Reaction score
Being persistent only works if she WANTS you to catch her.

Some guys think women will "challenge" them by rejecting dates, or acting flakey, etc. to make the pursuit seem more worth it.

In reality, that's just guys' egos trying to justify a woman appearing "hot and cold," when in reality, more often than not she's just not interested but doesn't want to hurt the guys feelings.

Yes, a guy needs to be persistent... and by that, I mean he needs to ask her out, take her out, and ask her out again. On her end of this persistence, she should be saying "yes" to these things and showing up as an indicator that she wants him to continue his persistence.

Any other kind of "maybe" behavior means low interest, and is not worth trying to convince her why she should be liking you more.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being persistent only works if she WANTS you to catch her.

Yes, a guy needs to be persistent... and by that, I mean he needs to ask her out, take her out, and ask her out again. On her end of this persistence, she should be saying "yes" to these things and showing up as an indicator that she wants him to continue his persistence.

Any other kind of "maybe" behavior means low interest, and is not worth trying to convince her why she should be liking you more.
Agree 110% with the above post, particularly the part I quoted above.

Assign yourselves some value guys. If she's not responsive she's NOT interested. Doesn't matter why that is. Learn to read her ACTUAL interest level based on her responsiveness to you...learn NOT to delude yourself or make excuses for her.

beforeimgone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Based off of the responses, the majority of guys here think that "confident persistence" is pointless. After trying it out for a few weeks and receiving mildly interested lays that didn't turn into high interest, I agree.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to follow confident persistence.

It doesn't work.

Actions are the best thing to read and will never lie.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
From the pimp game i learned, women do the choosing, and a hoe gona fuk when a hoe wanna fuk. Simple as that.

Ill spit some game at a chick..if shes not feelin it i move on. Not gonna chase these b1tches point blank.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Persistence = desperate beta bucks game

Staying aloof is almost the best form of game there is nowdays. When you're busy with your life and not pursuing women, puzzy falls in your lap without you even trying. Persistence often leads to massive failure (with women) because it puts them in a pedestal.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From the pimp game i learned, women do the choosing, and a hoe gona fuk when a hoe wanna fuk. Simple as that.

Ill spit some game at a chick..if shes not feelin it i move on. Not gonna chase these b1tches point blank.
No need to chase em

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Staying aloof is almost the best form of game there is nowdays. When you're busy with your life and not pursuing women, puzzy falls in your lap without you even trying. Persistence often leads to massive failure (with women) because it puts them in a pedestal.
It hands over your pride. Keep that within yourself and let her choose.

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm past the point of persistance these days. If girl is wishy washy or playing 'hard to get' then i assume low interest and i'll do something else or chat to another girl.

Waste of time in my opinion. The danger is attempting to play it cool solely to prise her back. Just f Walk.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!

Confident persistence is so outdated, it was never indated! It's pedestalization at its finest.

Persistence might work in your career or getting a job, but not with a girl.

Considering the sources of attention women have, chasing a no is a dead end.

Mixed signals are negative signals. Hot-and-cold is Cold-and-cold. Hard-to-get is Never-will-get.

With the above post, the only problem is that staying aloof and focusing on your hobbies and living life doesn't bring you women if they don't find you attractive. Sit outside in a park and design new levels for Candy Crush. Good productivity, but what if you aren't a Chad?

Women who want you will make it known. Maybe chicks get thrown on the backburner. I do delete numbers if they go nowhere. Stop responding, flake, wishy washy, just wants to be friends, delete. If you ask her out or go for a number, and she makes an excuse, totally deleted, never speak again unless she's helping your career or business.

If miss indecisive comes back, explain in terse terms it's either we go out or f**k off.

Erase and replace. When I see low interest, I'm out.

Case closed.