Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Persistence Hunt: Running for meat.

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
that's a stupid assumption, dude. what we mostly ate, (what flesh food we DID eat, that is) back in the day, was carrion and what we could drive other animals off of, after THEY killed it. just as packs of wild dogs do to this day. You cant be risking failure, burning so many calories, risking injury, that often. It just won't pan out. Mostly, primitives foraged for edible plants, with some fish, reptiles, amphibs,and some insects in the mix.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
twentee said:
that's a stupid assumption, dude. what we mostly ate, (what flesh food we DID eat, that is) back in the day, was carrion and what we could drive other animals off of, after THEY killed it. just as packs of wild dogs do to this day. You cant be risking failure, burning so many calories, risking injury, that often. It just won't pan out. Mostly, primitives foraged for edible plants, with some fish, reptiles, amphibs,and some insects in the mix.
What about the native Americans hunting bison? All parts of the Bison were used for so many different things in the tribe. Hunting Bison was important to them and they did it often.

Hiker

Don Juan
Reaction score
What assumption? Do you mean how we hunted before weapons? I didn't assume this, it was said in the video.

Also, eating carrion is not hunting. The video isn't saying that this is how early man first got his meat, it is saying that back before we had developed weapons capable for hunting these animals, we ran them down.

XMinister

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't see how they know in the video how we hunted animals back then. I'd think it would be easier for pre-weapon humans to scavenge. Or chase away a tired predator after a long hunt to steal their prey. Using intelligence, that would be the most efficient way to get nutrient dense food. Until of course they developed ways to do so easier (weapons).

Anyway, that's only an educated guess, I can be wrong.