Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Perfection and Happiness.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night I was watching "Bruce Almighty" with Jim Carey...and some thoughts occurred to me, that mixed with our thoughts I had. In addition, it came upon me because several posts here, usually per week, ask about "finding happiness" or "perfection."

Thing is...and here's where my example will start is...in Bruce Almighty, Jim Carey gains the powers of God. He is able to manifest EVERYTHING he wants by mere thought. He doesn't work for anything...except the love of Jennifer Aniston (his gf). Everything else reacts to him like a video game, or a genie. How valuable is something if it takes NO work to have, that you could get rid of easily, and replace once again? Then it got me to thinking, if you had that...you'd be in a near state of perfection. There isn't anything you couldn't have...and as a result...would you want anything, since there's nothing to value?

Value is a matter of perception, linked to what we perceive we sacrifice or spend to get something. It's an internal constraint put on something. Different guys will over and under value the same women/woman just by looking at her. The who doesn't see value, won't care if she stays or leaves. The guy who overvalues her, will care if she stays, and will care if she leaves.

If EVERYTHING was able to be perfect, what would be the point of existence? I'd say, that the only reason existence is here, now, and in 'being', is because it's IMPERFECT. The LACK of happiness or perfection is what keeps people sane, and working, and experiencing. Not being whole. Not EVER being complete. Situations being all fubar, and some how working through them, or making them better, or finding the positive note in it. And some how, in that moment of bliss, the IMPERFECT is PERFECT, because you're alive to feel.

If you were to attain a status of God, then playing with human lives would be your fun game. Or perhaps you're like the gods of Greek Mythology, who because they're bored, tinker with man's life, just because they can. In a way, those Greek gods were envious, because they lived a life of such perfection, they needn't "exist" in the real sense, because there was nothing for them to do. They'd know what anyone was going to say or do or think, before anything was done. They wouldn't need anything because they'd be perfect.

Realizing you'll never have or attain perfection, is truly a wonderful and personally liberating situation. And yet, you'll attract BETTER moments to experience, JUST by know this to be true. We can't actually attain perfection anyways, but it's the SEARCH or BELIEF that it's possible which drives us, and drives some of us mad. Every moment is perfect, because it's the IMPERFECTION that keeps existence moving. Perfection would be inexistence, if you can grapple with that.

If you read "The BOOK: On the Taboo..." you'll come to read/learn that everything is very ying/yang. That dark has no existence without light. That black has no existence without white. That sound does not exist without peaks and troughs. That nothing is ONE pure thing. It's in fact, 2 things, that alternate. In our case, it's perfect and imperfect moments, feelings, actions, and experiences. I'd say the glory of existence, is that things ARE imperfect, giving us something to work toward.

In a perfect world, we'd probably be mindless, emotionless drones, much like the society seen in Equilibirium, in which people know what they're going to think the next minute, they're going to know what other's will do, etc. They're in such a state of perfection and happiness, that money is useless, since they have no wants. Accumulation of money is for naught, in this perfect world, because it has no value.

REVEL in the imperfection of today, here and now! If you had a perfect body, you might not even know that you had one, since everyone would have one, and no such things as a perfect body would exist. You'd only have a NORMAL body. In this supposedly perfect and happy world, everything we perceive to be perfect here, is truly normal there, and has no value as it relates to perfection. Perfection in our imperfect is a moving target. You're never quite there. And never will be. It really comes down to doing the BEST you can in the minute you're in, and living FULLY in that moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The real question in response to...What do I do now...or With my life...isn't to do a bazillion years out what you have to do. But what you want to do today. In "the Secret," they allude to manifesting a cup of coffee. You can go bigger, and do it for today. What part of creation do you want, that you believe can happen NOW? Quickly? Doing this will help you believe in manifesting BIGGER things. It will also give you a path, because a path of 1,000 miles, start with the first step. For some, the path is a daunting task, but once you realize you're 500 miles down a 1,000 mile path, going the remaining 500 miles is a no brainer, as you're half way done.

Imperfection is perfection. I know you can allude to a million things wrong, as I can allude to a million things that are right. However, it's still perfect. If things were 100% perfect, we'd really have no reason for existence. Our daily toil, done by each and every person day in and day out, is to attain some HIGHER state. Normally though, it isn't a state of the MIND, it's a state of physical, material existence. Look around, despite our imperfect/perfect existence, we've only worked to create manners to kill each other faster, to use drugs that are more powerful, or to sexualize things down to the youngest possible girl and exploit her for the greatest amount of activity for the least dollar provided. Education isn't an awakening of the mind, or soul, it's a memorization crap shoot, which is outdated as soon as someone else can memorize more than you, or as soon as new books are released that make obsolete your former knowledge.

The Only constant of perfection is imperfection here. It's what keeps everything ticking. And the real improvement hasn't been in the MIND, but in the physical, material world. If anything, people have LOST a bit of their mind. The perceived world will be come more perfect, to the ideals of all, IF the mind comes around. Not if we cure 1 disease; another will replace it. Not if we cure poverty; because there will always be people in need, and giving isn't as important as teaching people to give to themselves. Not if we get all criminals, because everyone's a criminal in some respect, to some law that's bogus.

It's the IMPERFECT moments that allow you to live, and use your abilities and skills, and to FEEL. Feeling comes between those moments. Without them, you couldn't know feeling, since there'd be nothing DIFFERENT than perfect to feel, and perfect would be normal, and hence, there'd be NOTHING else to feel. When you realize that, also, you can choose when to feel, and when NOT to feel.

A-Unit

Mind_Body_Soul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A-Unit,

Great post. It's particulary relevant considering the conglomeration of males here seeking to improve themselves. And what is self-improvement if not the strive to become more "perfect"? However, self-improvement is based upon one's internalized concept of what is perfect. This concept being driven mostly from our social influences such as our family, friends, the media, etc.

In a universe with just a single person, that person would be perfect as there would be no basis for comparison. Without a basis for comparison, terms such as perfect, hotter, more confident, etc. have no relevance. You touch on this in the yin yang bit. How do we define the dark without the light? How do we define alpha without the AFC? :)

A few quotes which I've always found interesting.

My one friend always says "Take any hot girl out there, pick any one, the hottest of the hottest... somewhere, there is somebody that is sick of fvcking her"

You hit on this with the over/undervalue part.

Another quote which my father always said...

"The fun in life doesn't come when you obtain the thing you are seeking, the fun comes RIGHT BEFORE you obtain it. The struggle is the fun part - when you don't have it, but you are on the brink of achieving it."

I think this is paticularly important for people to keep in mind - for example on this site. Being a better player, better with women, etc. All these things are great and self-improvement a noble cause, but in retrospect, my guess is that a lot of the great PUAs here look back with greater fondness on those times when their game was in a transitional phase. In other words, their greatest pleasures came when they scored that first fvck close. When they got their first threesome. It wasn't when they had reached the point that they could close any girl they wanted. It was when they closed that first girl, when they saw themselves improving. When they obtained those first successes.

Although I doubt the best PUAs are bored in any fashion, there has to be a sense of been there done that with women that SOME of them experience. As you mentioned, the Greek gods toyed with men due to their boredom.

So yes, I agree. The concept of perfection is subjective to say the least and nonexistent at best. I can't even tell you what my perfect woman would be. I can only give you characteristics which I find attractive. Perfect ideas become imperfect realizations.

Take for example, the concept of the perfect circle. This only exists in the mind and in a mathematical equation. Using the most precise equipment on earth cannot draw a perfect circle. Why? Because the very act of transposing a circle into a medium causes imperfections. The pencil with which it is drawn is not perfect. Therefore there is imperfection at the tiny level of the lead that cause the edges to be jagged.

The topic of perfection has always been of great interest to me. I used to say that I was on the road to perfection. I no longer have such a lofty goal. I now strive only to improve things about myself which I find are character flaws and to learn things which I feel will improve my time here on earth. The once seemingly noble goal of becoming perfect has been lost in favor of my desire to enjoy the years I have on earth to the best of my ability.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re

Great follow up, Mind Body Soul.

A visual to your quote from your father would be seeing things like a plateau....

For quite a while, you're on a level, feeling like nothing is going to burst through. And then...all of a sudden, you can see it happening, and it accelerates, and then BAM, a huge growth forward. But after the huge growth forward, there's a plateau again. It's a stage of consolidating, or of acclimating to the NEW level you're at, since the old level is no good, but you may not be qualified or ready for the NEXT level either. Sometimes that disconnect is only mental, and really is embedded in your confidence, and were you to amp your confidence up, you may rise faster. Other times, it's a constraint of ability, skill or learning presently.

A good read is a book called "MASTERY" written by an Aikido Instructor from a very buddhist perspective.

Any JOURNEY to a goal, tends to last longer than the euphoria you feel from ACHIEVEMENT of that goal. In most cases, the GOAL takes more of your time than the GETTING of said goal. And we all know, once you achieve said goal, you'll be setting another one soon, too.

After I read THE STELLAR man, I realized the difference in knowledge we can attain and what we perceive to be knowledge versus wisdom and just information. That's another good read worth finding.

Great points,

A-Unit

i1t4yomindi

Don Juan
Reaction score
You speak the truth, A-Unit! Sometimes, I have to remind myself to look at the things I already have and be appreciative. That's not to say I don't try to achieve more, but perception really plays a role in how things shape up. If I just look torward all of the negatives, then that's all that is going to be filled in my head.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A-unit...you are on a roll. keep em' coming.

And people say the forum stinks nowadays. there is always somebody out there who is going to grace the forum with something wonderful once in a while.