Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Gio, you are one lucky dude.

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by quest
but Giovanni, i wouldn't have expected this type of thread from a mod..

...unless u are actually getting married? in which case, i'm sorry for assuming that this is some "internet marrige" which will last a few hours at best.
We are actually getting married.

P.S. Your example story is very funny, and it made me laugh... then I realized that there are guys on here that would really post something like that, and then it made me sad.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
We are actually getting married.
deadset?
i feel like a complete moron now :)

and i am still not exactly sure if to beleive u? for all i know u live on different continents, and i don't care enough to check..

but since u have said u are. i'd like to wish you all the best. and ignore my above thread :)

cheers.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

...unless u are actually getting married? in which case, i'm sorry for assuming that this is some "internet marrige" which will last a few hours at best.

omigod , they did all think we were kidding!

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
deadset?
i feel like a complete moron now :)
Don't feel like a moron... I accept that when you joke around and are sarcastic as often as I am, sometimes people have a hard time believing you when you're being serious. Especially on the Internet.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
congrats

few questions:

did you meet through these boards?
she's in kentucky he's in Michigan, how does that work?
what makes the other the one for you?
do you BOTH have herpes?:D

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fatality
congrats

few questions:

thru so suave , then we went to yahoo messenger

we travel alot and get the best phone plans

he is the one because: he constantly makes me laugh with his great wit, he is so smart and remembers everything, he never says "i dunno" or " yah " when we have conversations and he doesnt sulk and feel sorry for himself, has alot of confidence .
he is my best friend and he is dammn sexyO.
and he has the best pair of eyes ever.

and yes

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fatality
Yes.

Right now, we do a lot of driving. It's about five hours. But I am transferring (job) to Louisville so it will work out great. We also talk online and on the phone.

I like the way she thinks and that she's able to make me laugh... she's got a good sense of humor and that's a very important thing to me. She shows a genuine compassion for people and there is nothing better than that in my mind. She has been through a lot of really tough times and she comes out on top because she's got a mental and emotional toughness that pulls her through and shows a character that you won't find almost anywhere else. She is smart but in a way where she doesn't come off as seeming superior to other people. She looks at the world different than I do and it makes me look at the world differently. And she is hot... so hot.

Yup.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations...I hope it works out for you both.

Now for a little bit of advice:

1) Never forget that the secret to keeping the feeling of "being in love" is to make sure you both feel good about yourselves in each other's presence. To keep a person feeling "in love" with you, MAKE SURE they feel good about themselves.

2) Never forget that it is OKAY to disagree with each other about things and that it doesn't have to mean that anyone is "wrong" or "right"...only that you disagree.

3) Always put as much effort into things as you expect from each other...ALWAYS.

4) Devise a savings plan and always pay yourselves (the savings) first. Keeping money tucked away for emergencies ultimately prevents many issues, a lot of stress and disagreements in the event of financial problems.

5) Always make time to go out as a couple. Once a week, at least. Even if it's just for a walk in the park...do NOT neglect the relationship.

6) Always listen and never blame each other to avoid any built up resentment and hurt feelings.

7) Start NOW getting the kids ready for this change. No matter how much Gio and the kids like each other...there will be big adjustments. The best way to minimize any stress for all of you is to sit down WITH the kids and make a plan together. Set up basic rules, expectations, talk about concerns and ask the kids to list what rules they can think of they should have and what punishment is appropriate if they break the rules. Kids have a MUCH easier time adjusting if they not only know what to expect but are included in setting guidelines. Ask them what their expectations, wants and needs are, too. Make the kids feel like they are part of the family unit and have input right from the get go.

8) Eat meals together with the kids at the table and use that time to talk about what's going on with everyone.

9) Choose one day a week as "family day" where you all do something together...even if it's just cooking out and playing frisbee or something. This helps a lot in raising children the right way. Keep the family connection strong.

Okay...done preaching. Again...good luck and if you follow my advice (especially regarding the kids) you should have as smooth a transition as possible.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
great tips wyld !
ty for the pointers on the kiddos especially

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
great tips wyld !
ty for the pointers on the kiddos especially
You're quite welcome. You have boys, right? How old are the kids and what are their sexes? I'm only asking because the issues that will come up are different based on the ages and sex of the kids. Boys tend to have a harder time with step-fathers...but the talking like I mentioned before makes a huge difference. If you have an older boy who feels like "the man of the house", you should take extra care to give him a special responsibility...something to be in charge of. A boy who feels like "the man of the house" has the most difficult time adjusting and can bring about the most stress and problems of all.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
we NEVER disagreed with each other over the kids in front of them. NEVER do that...it's parenting suicide.
aint that the truth

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why put up a poll option that nobody in their right mind would vote for?
and what if everyone on the site voted that we were fools?

would that make you love me any less ?
would that make you not wanna be with me?

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
and what if everyone on the site voted that we were fools?

would that make you love me any less ?
would that make you not wanna be with me?
I think it's clear that I don't base any of my opinions on what people on this site may or may not agree with.

Especially people who aren't in their right mind.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's clear that I don't base any of my opinions on what people on this site may or may not agree with.

good then lets not worry about no stinking polls :)

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Why put up a poll option that nobody in their right mind would vote for?
Don't take it personally...everyone who tells me they're getting married gets that response from me. Hell, my 16 year old son has a very sweet, pretty girlfriend who he's crazy about. He asked me what I would say if he came home at 18 and told me he was getting married. My response was "I'd tell you that you were a damn fool."

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn who would've thought that somebody would actually find their wife on this site, that's crazy!!!!!!!

What made you two start chatting on yahoo messenger? Did you start sending each other pics and then decide to meet?

Drew

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
congrats penkitten... i officially un-tie you