Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

paying for prom

collalife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
have her pay herself. youll be slotted into afc status by paying for prom every body gonna pay for themselves ITS PROM FOR goodness SAKE.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. No. NO!

HandyAndy is right. The guy DOES have to pay for the girl, unless your school is free. You don't have to pay for the dress though...thats WBAFC...borderline milk-toast

Prom itself is a very romanticized, idealized, pseudo-"party-date"

Do you know why it becomes a huge popularity contest between females, and (quite pathetically) it is often the highlight of a stupid high school broad's lifetime?

The whole thing is constructed around putting the girl, the prom-date, on a pedestal. The girls put on the best looking dress they will ever wear in their entire life with the exception of them being a model or a wedding dress, they spend literally hours making themselves look great, all to get their male prom date to be a "gentleman."

This sh(i)t would be perfect! ....if we were in the 1600s....Blame feminism.

With that being said, alot of guys are LJBFriended the moment they step into the prom venue. Most guys at my school take girls they are just "friends" with anyways.

Thus the whole idea of "prom" is AFC. When guys ask girls to prom, unless they've been in a relationship beforehand (and this often isn't the case..at least from my experience). You naturally become slotted as an AFC anyways going to prom.

It doesn't mean you can escalate. You can release your inner-DJ and bypass the initial AFC parts of prom. (Thats how a few guys get "lucky" during prom).

Also, this doesn't mean you can't have fun with a girl at prom of course. If possible though, find some way to make her pay for her own way in, even though its against the "etiquette"

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's just some girl you asked to go with you and it doesn't really mean much than make her pay.. but if you asked someone you actually like and want more than just the dance and whatnot then I would probably pay.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend will be buying both our tickets and her dress. I'll be buying the liquor and have already purchased my suit (fresh as hell, I could run for congress in this thing).

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guy pays unless your just friends and discussed it ahead of time...

Proms are way to expensive and a waste of time in my opinion. Though I am DJ'ing about ten of them this season.

I hated my prom. My tux was nice though... R.L. Polo

Ended up staying half way through one song then left for the beach...

Our tickets were free though since I helped with the construction

DismantleRepair

Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's a genuine date, be a gentlemen and pay up.

If you just grabbed your nearest, also-single friend, she pays.

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you pay $100 for a girl you might not even see again after prom? Its not 'prom etiquette' at all, she would be grateful if you pay, but it won't make her like you anymore, and she won't like you anyless if you don't pay. Save your money.

MCristo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pay for the girl for prom. It's traditional and it's classy.

It IS proper etiquette if it's a real date and not a friendly thing.