Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

PART 2 change your thinking change your life

dollashort

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok guys this is the next essay. i will be posting of them over the coming weeks. if you are really serious about changing and becoming unstoppable in what it is that you want, then go over them on a regular basis.

“if you paint in your mind a picture of bright and happy expectations, you put yourself into a condition conducive to your goals.”

-Norman Vincent Peale

The way you think and feel about yourself, including your beliefs and expectations about what is possible for you, determines everything you do and everything that happens to you. You have complete control over one thing in the universe, your thinking!

Positive thinking leads to mental health and peak performance. Negative thinking leads to mental illness and decreased effectiveness. Your goal is to cultivate positive emotions and get rid of negative emotions.

The elimination of negative emotions is the single most important step you can take toward happiness, health and personal well-being. Each time you take complete control over you thoughts and feelings, and discipline them to keep them positive, the quality of both your inner and outer lives improves. In the absence of negative emotions your mind automatically fills with positive emotions.

Law of Substitution says,
Your mind can hold only one thought at a time, positive or negative. You can substitute a positive thought for a negative thought whenever you choose.

Law of Habit says,
Any thought or action that you repeat over and over will eventually become a new habit.

Starve your negative emotions. Your negative emotions have all been learned from childhood, and what has been learned can be unlearned, sometimes quite quickly.

Many negative ideas or attitudes are based on false premises. Sometimes a negative idea about a subject, negative attitude toward a person, can be completely reversed with a single piece of information. You could suddenly learn that an idea you had about yourself or another person was not true, and as a result you can change your thinking in an instant. Be open to this possibility.

Negative emotions exist because we feed them continuously, thinking and talking about things that make us angry or unhappy.

Law of Emotion says,
A stronger emotion will dominate and override a weaker emotion, and which ever emotion you concentrate on grows and becomes stronger.”

If you withdraw your mental energy from a person or situation that makes you angry or sad by refusing to think about it, the emotion connected with the situation slowly dies away. Like a fire with no fuel, it dies out.

You have experienced this before. You enter relationships that don’t workout. When they end we may be emotionally hurt, sad or depressed. These feelings last for a certain period then they go away. Later we meet someone else and gradually forget about the unhappy ending. Months or years later we look back or even meet the person, and we cannot imagine how emotionally involved we were with him or her. Because we did not feed them, these feelings died completely.

There are four basic causes of negative emotions,
(1) Justification
(2) Identification
(3) Inward Considering
(4) Blame

The greatest leap forward in changing will be when you eliminate these causes of negative emotions from your life.

(1) Justification

Justification is when you rationalize or create a reason for your anger. You keep going over it telling yourself and whoever will listen how badly you were done by. Keep giving yourself reason to be angry, feeling entitled to your anger.

The way you short circuit the natural tendency to word justification and rationalization is by refusing to engage in it. You negative emotions do you no good. They do not affect the other person or change the situation. Instead stop justifying. Instead of justifying your anger, use your marvelous mind to think of ways to excuse the person, or let go of the unhappy situation.

e.g if someone cuts you off in traffic instead of becoming angry say “I guess he’s having a bad day” or “he must be late for an appointment.”

Since your mind can only hold one thought at a time, the instant you start excusing the other person you withdraw the energy or fuel that keeps anger going.

One of the most important rules for success and happiness is, don’t be upset or worry about something that you cant do anything about.” Don’t criticize anyone for something they cannot change. A famous law says, “If there is no solution, there is no problem.”

There are 2 time periods in life, the past and the future. The present is only a brief floating moment. You can choose to focus your attention on what has happened, which cant be changed, or the future, which you have some control over.

The fact is, life is going to be a continuous series of problems, difficulties, setbacks and temporary failures. These are natural and unavoidable facts of growing up.

Until you decide to get over them and get on with your life, you remain a slave to the past, which cannot be changed in any case.

Make a decision that from now on you are going to eliminate all the “if only’s” from your life. It is never too late to have a happy childhood. You can always look back at what happened and reinterpret the events in the past. The people that hurt you made you stronger. Your parents bought their own worries and problems to parenting. It was a blessing in disguise.

(2) Identification (attachment)

This happens when you take something personally or become attached to a person or thing. You become emotionally involved in a situation and identify so strongly with it that it affects your emotions and your reason in a negative way.

The great spiritual leaders such as Buddha and Jesus have emphasized the importance of separating yourself emotionally from the situation, di-sidentification, in order to regain your calmness and composure.

Psychologist William James of Harvard wrote, the first step in dealing with any difficulty is to be willing to have it so.” He encouraged people to say what cannot be cured must be endured.

Practice detachment from any person or situation that makes you feel angry or upset. Withdraw the emotional energy from it so that you can regain your calmness and composure. Discipline yourself to stand back mentally and deal with the problem intelligently. You use your mind to see the situation objectively and make better decisions to resolve it.

Nothing and no-one can have any control over you unless there is something you still want from them. They must have something that they can still give you or withhold from you. As soona s you detach from a person or object and no longer want anyting from them, you are free.

View the difficulty as if it was happening to someone else. What advice would you give them? Become emotionally unnatached and you will become much more capable of dealing with it effectively.

(3) Inward Considering (opinions of others)

This occurs when you become overly concerned with the way people are treating you. Your own interpretation of peoples behaviour makes you feel angry or depressed.

Psychologists say that everything we do is to increase our self-esteem and sense of personal value, or protect it from being diminished from other people or circumstances.

Most people are pre-occupied with themselves and their own problems. 99% of the time people are wrapped up in thoughts about themselves. They devote the other 1% of emotional energy to everybody else in the world including you. When your self-esteem isn’t as high as you’d like it to be, you become sensitive to the actions and reactions of other people toward you. You will take everything personally exactly as if what theu said or did was directed at you. However this would seldom be the case. It would be silly to become angry or upset about others’ thoughtless actions.

Set you own sails! There is a rule that says, Never do or refrain from something because you are concerned about what people might think about you. The fact is that nobody is even thinking about you at all.

It is amazing how many people make decisions not to get into relationships, businesses, new endeavors, adventures and other things for fear that someone else may not approve.
They stay in marriages they hate, they work at jobs they dislike for fear that someone, anyone, might criticize them. The truth is no one cares more about your key life decisions than you do. Plan accordingly

dollashort

Don Juan
Reaction score
Abraham Maslow, in a study, found that those 1 or 2% of fully matured full functioning adults all had a particular quality in common, they were completely honest with themselves.

They were objective about their own strengths and weaknesses. They did not hope or pretend that they were other than they were, because they knew who they were and who they were not. They did not feel they had to continually earn the approval of others. They took others’ opinions into consideration then they made their own decisions.

A famous English Author, Somerset Maugham was aked about his chief motivation for writing, he replied, I write to earn the respect of the people I respect.

The people whose respect in most important to you largely determine how good you feel about yourself. Once you are clear about who you respect and why you respect them, you can organize your life in such a way that you continually earn that respect, whether they know of your actions or not.

Exceptional men and women look upto and seek the respect of men and women of character and accomplishment. They strive, at an unconscious level, to behave and to live upto their ideals of how an excellent person would behave.

It was found in a study that successful men and women had all been avid readers of biographies and autobiographies when they were young. As they read the life stories of famous men and women, they imagined themselves having the same qualities and characters of the people they were studying. By the time they became adults, those qualities and that type of thinking became part of their thinking and guided their choices and decisions in later life.

The people you most admire and look upto have an inordinate influence on how you think and feel about yourself. When you select admirable people to look upto, you develop an inner guide that leads you to conduct yourself in an excellent manner yourself.

However one of the greatest mistakes you can make, which can be rooted down to destructive criticism, is to slip into the trap of organizing your life around trying to gain the approval, or escape the disapproval, of people you don’t even know or care about.

To avoid this type of negative emotion, decide who you most admire and the qualities you would most like to emulate. From now on, before you have to make a decision, think about someone you admire and ask, what would he do in this situation?

When you do this you experience a deep inner knowing of exactly the right thing to do or say. You will make the right decision and achieve the desired result. This is a technique used by many successful men and women.

(4) Blame

This is the worst negative influence of all. It is the trigger of anger, resentment, envy, jealousy and frustration. It is blame especially that generates anger, the worst of all negative emotions.

Anger is more destructive than any force in the human world. Uncontrolled anger destroys health, relationships, families, businesses, societies and is the chief generator of wars, revolutions and social conflict.

The primary cause of anger could be traced back to destructive criticism. Whenever a person is criticized, he reacts exactly as if he is being attacked, with defensiveness and resentment (annoyance). Many people respond with anger to every problem, disappointment, frustration and experience. Eventually they reach a point where they are always angry about something.

To become angry you must have someone to blame. Whenever there is a problem a person automatically concludes that someone is to blame.

The best way to eliminate anger of all kinds is to accept responsibility. This automatically short-circuits anger. All the energy that anger requires is cut off. As soon as you say I am responsible, you anger stops. Because of the law of substitution and the fact that your mind can only hold one thought at a time, you cannot accept responsibility for your situation and be angry at the same time.

There are 2 basic ways of looking at your world
(1) Positive and Benevolent
(2) Negative and Malevolent

By taking responsibility for yourself and what happens to you, you become positive. You see the world in benevolent terms. You become more optimistic toward yourself and your possibilities. You become a happier and more effective person.

In contrast, when you take a malevolent worldview, all you see is oppression and injustice everywhere. You see limitations and unfairness rather than opportunity and hope. Worst of all you spend your time apportioning blame to various people and institutions for all the problems you see.

Some people are better off tha others. This has been true of all societies throughout human history. This may be the result of different people having different talents, ambitions and desires. Some people may work harder, have a better start at life, or simply be at the right place at the right time to catch a favorable trend in the economy.

People who are well off are not to blame for the fact that other people are not well off. People who are sick are not to blame for the fact that other people are sick. Success does not cause failure. Correlation is not causation.

Power of forgiveness
The main factor that pre-disposes a person to blaming, anger and resentment, fear and doubt, envy and jealousy- is the inability to forgive someone we feel has hurt us in some way.

The most powerful and liberating decision you can make is to forgive anyine who has ever hurt you in any way. Only by freeing the other person can you free yourself. This is why most religions stress the importance of forgiveness as the first step toward peace of mind and earthly bliss.

Just imagine how you would feel if you felt no anger toward anyone at all in the whole world. Imagine being a completely positive, optimistic, cheerful person with high levels of self-esteem and enthusiasm and unlimited confidence. Imagine being a warm, friendly, loving person filled with feelings of calmness and inner peace. All this is possible when you practice forgiveness.

In contrast the refusal to forgive keeps you trapped. Forgiveness sets you free. And its always a choice you make. It has nothing to do with the other person or situation.

Some people cant forgive because they think they are doing the other person a favor, and they are determined not to do that. The fact is, it takes two tomake a jail, the prisoner and the jailer. You let one go, the other is free. Forgiveness is a totally selfish act. You still hate the action but it has only to do with your m,ental integrity and peace of mind.

Comedian Buddy Hackett once said; I never hold grudges, while you’re holding grudges their out dancing.

The way you forgive someone is simple. Each time you think of that person you use the law of substitution and say, God bless him/her. I forgive him/her for everything, and I wish him/her well. It is not possible to bless and forgive another person and simultaneously be angry or upset. The positive thought cancels out the negative thought.

You can speed up the process by accepting responsibility. You had to do something to contribute to the situation. You can then say, I am responsible. I shouldn’t have gotten into the situation in the first place, or stayed in so long. I should not have done what I did. I forgive him/her completely and let it go.

dollashort

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are four groups of people you must forgive if you are sertious about changing your thinking and changing your life

(1) parents, living or dead
absolutely forgive them for every mistake they made bringing you up. Be grateful to them for bringing you into this world. Never complain about them again.

(2) people from your close relationships that didn’t work out

intimate relationships can be son intense and threatening to your feelings of self-esteem and self-worth. But you are partially responsible.

A powerful technique that can free you from feleings of anger and resentment almost instantly is writing a letter. Sit down and write the person a letter of forgiveness. It consists of three parts. First you say I forgive you for everything you ever did to hurt me. Second, you right down a list of everything you are still angry about. Third, you end the letter with the words I wish you well.

You then take the letter to the mailbox and drop it in. at that moment you will feel a huge sense of relief. Don’t worry about what the other person might react. Your goal is to free yourself and regain your peace of mind., and get on with the wonderful life that lies ahead of you.

(3) Everyone else

Forgive every boss, business partner, friend, crook or betrayer who has ever caued you grief of any kind. Say I forgive him/her for everything and I wish him/her well. Rpeat this statement each time you think of the person or situation until the negative feelings are gone.

(4) Forgive yourself

The final thing you have to do is set yourself free, forgive yourself. Forgive yourself for everything, that was then and this is now. Just say I forgive myself for every mistake I ever made. I am a thoroughly good person and I am going to have a wonderful future. Whenever you think of that event or situation just repeat I forgive myself completely and then get on with your life. Focus on the future rather than the past.

Also, if you have hurt someone, go to that person or write and apologize. The reaction does not matter. The very act of repentance, of expressing regret, will set you free.

A final warning on forgiveness, Your refusal to forgive just one major grievance can be enough to sabotage your entire life. It can put the brakes on all your forward progress. You should be able to say I do not have a negative or unforgiving thought toward anyone in the world; freely forgive them all.

Taking full control over your thoughts and actions, disciplining yourself not to show negative emotions when they arise is the starting point of eliminating all your negative emotions. Cancel the expression of a negative emotion when they arise by saying I am responsible.

Whatever you dwell upon and talk about grown in your reality. A small negative experience is like a spark that can be turned into a blaze when thinking and talking about it. Instead, the instant it arises say I am responsible. Then look for reasons why you might be responsible. You will always find them.

When you let go of negative thoughts, you will begin to experience thought and feelings that make you feel good about yourself and your life. Decide this very day to give up your negative emotions. From this moment on, resolve to become positive, optimistic, happy and an enthusiastic person in every part of your life.

Change your thinking about yourself and your possibilities, and you change your life.

dollashort

Don Juan
Reaction score
please don't thank me for anything, its all from Brian Tracy. Im just summarizing and sharing them.

Cleric

Banned
Reaction score
Ahhh good ole Brian. Now there's a man who knows the true nature of our reality. We humans are like clay. Our thoughts mold us. So I never allow others to shape me. I write my own script!

Cleric

Banned
Reaction score
dollashort wrote on 11-06-2004 03:25 AM:
were u trying to undermine tracy?
if you are, then i dont see the point. you cant write your own script everything you can learn is taught to you by others
Your mailbox is full so I'll reply to your pm here.

I wasn't trying to undermine Tracy at all. Infact I was doing the exact opposite.

You see there are two types of people in this world. The first are like logs that float on a river. Their speed and destination is completely pre-determined by the currents

Others however think and act for themslves and direct the flow of their own lives and refuse to be influenced by the opinions of others.

The fact is that in the first few years of our lives our script is written by other people. We are completely at the whim of the focres around us. But as we grow up and develop the congnative tools that help us think and grow for ourselves we start to take charge of our own lives and thus our own reality. But the trouble is that most people never learn to take charge of their own minds and lives. And this is exactly what Brian Tracy is trying to teach. The art of taking control. And yes, in one of his audio books I have heard him refer to it as the art of writing your own script.

Because to write your own script is to write yourself. We humans are like computers. If we don't program ourselves the world will do it for us. To program yourself is as William Earnest Henley put it, to become the master of your own fate and the captain of your own soul.

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Brialliant posts once again dollashort, well done!