Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Park pick ups

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering, with the good weather coming in if anyone had thoughts tips etc. on picking up girls in parks.

Theres usually a few HBs around when the weather is good although they fall into 3 groups.
  1. In a big mixed group, playing games or sat around talking, reading or both
  2. In an all girl group, usually just sat talking, reading or sunbathing
  3. On their own, usually reading and/or sunbathing and/or listening to walkman
    [/list=1]

So whats the best way to approach them, you'd think the girls on their own would be easiest to talk too but they usually seem either absorbed in what they're reading, or sunbathing with eyes shut so it seems rude to disturb them.

Of course the old, "sorry our frisbee's landed in your stuff" line can work provided you've gone to the park with some mates.. last time this happened to me I got chatting to quite a fit bird for a bit, its just a shame she was with 5 blokes, this was enough to put me off a long conversation with her.

Still recently at the moment I've just been going to the park on my own with a book, short of continually wandering around looking out for interest signs and then acting on them though I'm not sure how best to get chatting to girls there.

Mazman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hang around the water fountain.

Just go up there like your waiting for your turn.
Best time to talk to them, since they're not really busy doing anything at that point.

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good idea, except there is no water fountain in the parks round me... I suppose I could hang aroung at the ice cream van!! Keep the ideas coming..

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you want gorls who are queueing for the ice cream van.

My ideas on the park scene:

Non interruptive:

Sit down next to someone reading , wait till she's aware you're nearby (no neccesarily eye contact) and say (this is the tricky part)
"Beautiful day isn't it" [reply] "are you touring/studying/covered in fire ants?" [reply] "Me I'm touring/studying up at "x"/covered in fire ants also", [give her time to join in at this point , no, okay], hilarious observation (sorry , I'm drawing a blank myself this morning).

Interruptive:

Hi do you have some sunscreen / bug repellent ? [reply] "thanks / oh cheers anyway , I left mine at home / I'm covered in fire ants" [pause] "So are you touring/studying/covered in fire ants?"

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hang around the ice cream van for loo long, and you'll look like a child molestor. Why not take a friend and a frisbee, and have him "accidentally" throw it over your head, right next to that girl? And on top of it all, you can apologize for almost killing her, and then take the convo from there...

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Walden
Sit down next to someone reading,
I need to go to smaller/more crowded parks. Where I'm off to at the moment theres usually so much room that every group/person sits at least 3 or 4 meters from every other group/person.

F*cking personal space!! it ruins pick up opportunities!!

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nononononoooo!

Fcuk personal space.

You want the person you're sitting near to notice you.
I know those forst few seconds will be akward , if they were easy then everyone would do it all the time.

If you want someone to blow you , you're going to have to put yourself out for them to reject at some stage. And in this instance , that stage is going over , sitting down and saying "Hi".

Good luck and good hunting to you.