Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Parents gave me a girls number - advice for cold call?

sid_6467

Reaction score
Hello all, here is the situation...
My parents went away and met a lot of people through mutural friends. Anyway they all start discussing about their children and saying how they are all single and then decide..."why dont we match them up". Anyway, they came back gave me the number, told me her name and advised me to ring her. Now I know this girl is hot (third party) but my question is, can anyone tell me how I should attempt this cold call seeming I know nothing about her?

Any advise is deeply appreciated!!!!!!!!11

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"hey, I bet your mom told you about me"

Just run from there:cheer:

sid_6467

Reaction score
Thanks for that ethnomethodologist, I'm going to do exactly that in about 20 min, anybody else for some last min advice?

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm so gonna do that sorta thing when I've got kids - put them in the most awkward possible situations for a laugh.

Not knocking it though - how did it go? Have you phoned her yet?

Dr. Strangelove

Don Juan
Reaction score
I won't call!

Originally posted by ethnomethodologist
"hey, I bet your mom told you about me"
That sounds horrible, IMHO.

If my mom did such a thing I'd told her to mind her own business (nicely of course), and simply throw away the number.

If you want to meet some women just go out there...hell, you don't even need that. You can meet plenty of women without leaving your bedroom!. That's what chats and instant messengers are for!.

Well, you don't lose nothing if you call her. But I won't use the "I bet your mom told you about me"...it gives me the creeps!. It's so cheesy, so Steve Urkel-like!. No offense intended, but that's the vibe it gives me!. If you call her, simply tell her "Hi, I'm so-and-so, wanna come to the movies/hiking/bowling/smoking pot with me tomorrow?" and cross your fingers. :cool:

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say meeting people through your mom or family is like meeting people at work, if something happens thats bad then everyone will know about it and you will not be able to walk away (unless you move away, or in the case of work leave that job).

I would probably not act on the number unless she was exceptionally hot and even then I'd be careful.

Mazeman11

Don Juan
Reaction score
So much negative advice on this board.

Who ****in' cares how you met her? Give her a call man.

Once you start listening to some nerd's advice you know you're in trouble. It's even worse when you start following the shallow rules set by our preprogrammed society.

So call her up dude!

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: I won't call!

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Well, you don't lose nothing if you call her. But I won't use the "I bet your mom told you about me"...it gives me the creeps!. It's so cheesy, so Steve Urkel-like!. No offense intended, but that's the vibe it gives me!. If you call her, simply tell her "Hi, I'm so-and-so, wanna come to the movies/hiking/bowling/smoking pot with me tomorrow?" and cross your fingers. :cool:
:cool: I've pulled the Steve Urkel!:D Suspenders, glasses, greased back hair, ALL of it:woo:

Strange reactions I'll tell ya, but's it's whats on the inside that counts.

You have to run with whatever you put out there, you only have one chance to say sorry before people stop trusting you. So if you screw up, as I have many times, fix the mistake, and don't beg other people to help you.

My biggest pick-up factor is behind closed doors, when nobody can see me taking my time. In public I rush things, I make brash comments, I discuss the weirdest subjects. Once the doors are closed, and the blinds drawn, I get to the real work, where it matters, inside, and outside. Respect.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damnit, got off topic:p

"Hey, I bet your mom told you about me,"

that is meant to be an opener, that's not the whole game. Ever stuck a straw up your nose, ever played thumbwars, ever played a joke on somebody?

It's all called ethnomethodology, dissonance, ludecy, or breaching. Some call it confidence, others a unique view on life.

You can say anything to a girl, as long as you can control your own reality, and not let your emotions wreak havoc on your reasoning. Induce ecstacy, it's a form of manipulation. Keep yourself calm though, people get annoyed when they don't understand.

I gave him a piece of advice, and it better have worked. I said "run with it" because that is what your supposed to do. Not stop dead in your tracks after she says "that sounds creepy."

Thanks for listening to my rants:crackup:

neonlandmine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her up and start talking to her in the most put on faux nerd accent you can possibly do (think Kyle's cousin from South Park)

after 10-15 seconds, say "just kidding" and go back to speaking in your normal voice. Trust me she will die laughing.

I did this to some girl I met on myspace for our first date. We ended up sleeping together the first night and dated for like 3 months.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is a great idea, neonlandmine. Absofvckinglutely love it!

sid_6467

Reaction score
Ok, I feel guilty not writing an update.

Well here it is.

I started the convo along these lines...
Hi there its Sid, is that Kim?
Great, I bet the flying fin has told you I would call? (the girls nicname)
"no, im being silly..but fun..only cause i know nothing about you"

From there she talked about herslef and it was all sweet. I did the 5 min cut off, arranged a date and met her so all is good. Thanks for the replies!