Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Panic during squats?

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have any of you ever gotten a case of the heebie-jeebies while doing squats?

I was 3 reps into my second set tonight when I was absolutely paralyzed with the idea that I could fall down and hurt myself. I wasn't even fatigued or breathing hard yet. I was too scared to go down for rep 4 and had to put the bar back on the rack. I took about a 10 minute break before giving it another go. I had to add the clamps to the ends of the bar before I felt comfortable getting under the weight. I put on a laser focus for the rest of the night but it was an act of sheer will to just duplicate my previous leg workout. I couldn't bring myself to add weight. I've still got the shakes.

Do I just shrug it off and hope it doesn't happen again? Take a week off legs? See a head shrinker?

I'm really weirded out.

die4me

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's kind of like me with hand-stand pushups against the wall - fright moment.

Just shrug it off. You'll get used to it.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you have a fear of injury when it comes to training you will not make good of progress as you could if you didn't have the fear. The only way to avoid getting injured is to shoot yourself now and die, cuz either you can get hit with a car, shot, jumped, thrown off the building, whatever comes to your mind, or let the weight fall, it's upto you.

jive

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are using a power rack, there should be 2 horizontal bars, 1 on each side, about knee high, so in case you can't get up you can put the bar on there. If you don't have that then you should have a spotter behind you, and if you ever can't get up they should put their arms around you (hands on your pecs) and help bring you up.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NMMWCR
Have any of you ever gotten a case of the heebie-jeebies while doing squats?

I was 3 reps into my second set tonight when I was absolutely paralyzed with the idea that I could fall down and hurt myself. I wasn't even fatigued or breathing hard yet. I was too scared to go down for rep 4 and had to put the bar back on the rack. I took about a 10 minute break before giving it another go. I had to add the clamps to the ends of the bar before I felt comfortable getting under the weight. I put on a laser focus for the rest of the night but it was an act of sheer will to just duplicate my previous leg workout. I couldn't bring myself to add weight. I've still got the shakes.

Do I just shrug it off and hope it doesn't happen again? Take a week off legs? See a head shrinker?

I'm really weirded out.
Ya, thats why you use a power rack..duh.