Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Panic attacks.

don code

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes when im in a room with people i get a sorta panic attack. I dont want to go on any type of anti depressant pills can anyone suggest anything else that will help?

MidnightResistance

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
talk to one of your friends while you're there to boost confidence

don code

Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry i will rephrase that, it is more so when im in a room with some one on a one to one basis( for example a job interview) happens more so with women tho even ones im not attracted to.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read without embaressment by micheal pilinski

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to seek a doctor.... I have one too.

ksoileau

Don Juan
Reaction score
Panic attacks

For panic attacks they have special medication, not necessarily antidepressants. I think Xanax is one of them. I sympathize with ya man - hope you feel better soon...

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
i think don code watches to much Sopranos. And this belongs in health/fitness forum if i were a moderator ID MOVE IT

twiiist_CH

Don Juan
Reaction score
i know what u mean, it's horrible...

i just confront those situations.

it helps with time but it never goes totally away

don code

Don Juan
Reaction score
there must be a way to get rid of it, any psychologists out there? can nlp help?

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has been covered lots of times and covers the same old pattern meds/counselling debate etc.

IMHO there's no need for meds and you would do well to avoid the offer. Family doctors might refer you to a therapist, if they are too tight arsed then find a qualified hynotheripist, perhaps with NLP skills.

Or you could even buy a book on NLP which contains the fast phobia cure and you can sort yourself out. A skilled therapist and cure most phobias in one session. Exposure therapy takes longer but has a very high success rate.

Basically you need to interrupt the thought processes that build up and replace them with another relaxing one. Become aware of your breathing and consciously aim to breathing lower and deeper and then more slowly.

Someone mensioned Mike Pilinski, get that ebook for sure, plus also look for a book called Toxic Shame I think it's called.

Melvin

Don Juan
Reaction score
When you say "panic attack", what leads you to believe they're panic attacks and not normal nervousness/anxiety?

Panic attacks would usually come from a situation where it's not considered "normal" to be panicked. One on one job interviews tend to be nerve racking for anyone.

It's like saying you get panic attacks right before you jump off the bridge bungee jumping. That's probably not a panic attack, that's nervousness/butterflies/adrenaline everyone experiences to some degree.

King of You

Don Juan
Reaction score
I get paniced when i start new jobs. not so much the interview aspect, but actually walking in on the first day of work... im a damned wreck. But after about 20 minutes the adrenaline and nervousness subsides and im good to go.

if you have panic attacks or severe anxiety the best thing to do is confront the situations which give you these feelings. Avoiding them will only heighten the problems.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to suffer social anxiety and get panic attacks regularly a few years ago, even just talking to a shop assistant or meeting a friend of the family. It's hard to believe it now as I'm one of the most popular and outgoing people at my university, and it's usually me that puts other people at ease.

Just to explain panic attacks...

When you're nervous you get tense, breathe shallow and start rushing and fumbling. This causes you to lose your breath, your heart rate speeds up, you can get shaky, which all escalates until you start to panic - and even pass out in some extreme cases.

My best advice and something I learned a while ago and which you can practise immediately, and that's to purposely slow down.

When you speak, take time to pause between sentences, breath comfortably (deep from the diaphram, NOT the chest - as Alpine pointed out) and make a point of hearing every word you speak aloud.

However, it's easy to forget to tell yourself to slow down sometimes, especially when you're surrounded by impatient people who talk fast, rush around or don't pay attention, but choose your OWN pace and don't let anyone rush you. You have a right to take your time and move at your own pace. If someone gets impatient, that's their problem! Keep that in mind!

It always helps to practise, which you can do by reading extracts from books aloud, slowly and comfortably, practise moving slowly (pretend you're in slow motion for a while) and focusing on sounds around you helps a lot too.

Seriously, this alone will make a massive difference and stop the panic attacks.

On top of this, you can just try to increase your social activities. The important thing is to feel comfortable in the situations so try taking it step by step.

I know what a restrictive curse panic attacks can be so I hope this helps.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also agree with Alpine on the medication approach too. I was on meds for a while and they made me quite dizzy and camp, and it's never good to be on medication anyway.

Also, I agree about looking at an NLP book (try introduction to NLP by Joseph O'Connor [i think]). If nothing else, you can use anchoring techniques to put yourself in a slow, relaxed state of mind when you need it most.

SSben

Don Juan
Reaction score
this could be a sign of brain damage by concussion, it aslo could be that u have a nutritional deficit.