Panic and Overcompensation Crash the Vehicle of Seduction

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My father is a deputy in my county's sherrif's office. He described to me a type of accident that he frequently goes to. The driver feels himself losing control of the car as result of going around a corner too fast. Out of panic, the driver makes an aburpt move to regain control of the car. He jerks the steering wheel forcefully in the other direction and ends up in the ditch on the other side of the road. He visits the site of one of these accidents about twice a month.

Think of your seduction of a woman as a brand new Porsche 911 Turbo. The potential exists for excitement, fun and a great ride. However, this ride can end disapointingly if you allow the Porsche that is your seduction to get away from you. As men we like to believe that we can control outcomes in a way that this is to our advantage. The mature man realizes that there are certain things he is not able to control and attempts to control them may end badly for him.

If a man is attempting to seduce a woman and for whatever reason he feels the seduction slipping away from him, he may try to take remedial action out of panic to "fix" the situation to where he feels he is back in "control" of things like he feels he needs to be. In many cases, the actions he takes end up being AFC behaviors that may actually be mistakes that are fatal to his seduction rather than remedies to the preceieved problem.

For example, let's say that a woman says or does something that makes her interest level questionable in the eyes of her would be seducer. The guy feels like he's losing control of the situation (which may or may not be the case). He starts calling her all the time to see what she's doing or somehow look for some indication that his seduction is still on track. We all know this to be an AFC behavior that will turn the woman off because the guy seems too available/desparate/chumpish. If this guy had relaxed a little, maybe give her a few days to reflect on the time they spent together, maybe she would be glad to hear from him when he did finally call after giving it some time. Of course, there exists the possiblity that the guy's suspicion is correct. Not the end of the world. At least he did not resort to things that are known to put the seduction in serious danger.

So...When you feel your Porsche slipping away from you, stay calm. Only make clear-headed, deliberate moves and never act out of panic or worry. Ride it out. You may end up back up on top of things easier than you think. You may slide of the road anyway, but you won't be the first nor the last. Overcompensation is sure to leave your car in bad shape. If you do make such a mistake, learn from what happened. It will make you a better driver. Most importantly, don't let the loss of the car make you feel bad about yourself as a driver, there are plenty of cars waiting in the wings for you to drive them that will not be wrecked because they will be driven by a more seasoned and experienced DJ driver.

------------------
Look out for number one and don't step in number two!

Brownsugar

Don Juan
Reaction score
You bring up a good point Trickynick! I have found myself in this situation many times,you think your girl is slipping away so you do whatever you can to assure yourself that you still "got it"(I'm sure that I'm not the only one that can relate)great post.

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brownsugar:
You bring up a good point Trickynick! I have found myself in this situation many times,you think your girl is slipping away so you do whatever you can to assure yourself that you still "got it"(I'm sure that I'm not the only one that can relate)great post.
Yeah, I am in a sitauation now where I am tempted to do something to reasure myself the seduction is still on track, but by now I've been down the road a time or two.

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don the Legend:
Great tip Trickynick!!
Don, you know better than anyone where this is coming from!

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trickynick:
Don, you know better than anyone where this is coming from!
Thanks for the kind words. I posted to your threads. I hope everything is going well with your girl.

Take Care,

Legend

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don the Legend:
Thanks for the kind words. I posted to your threads. I hope everything is going well with your girl.

Take Care,

Legend
Yes, I read your posts on those threads. Thanks a lot.

GREAT WHITE SHARK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
www.porsche.com

www.sosuave.com

Great tip! This is one of those easy to remember, 'cause it gets together two of my passions, LADIES AND SUPER SPORTS CARS!

Thanks trickynick!

------------------
GREAT WHITE SHARK

And now I'm gonna destroy Santiago's marlin.

DarkDream

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good stuff.

When we get the gut feeling that something is not going well, the last thing we should do is try to "fix" the woman's interest level. The best thing is to stay calm, see it as possibly a red flag and weather the storm.

This advice is not only good in dating but also in life. Sometimes things don't go so good for us. In such situations we feel the urge to panic. It is best sometimes to step back, consolodate yourself, and calmly figure out what is going on. Then from that position act appropriately.

The thing is that a lot of these lessons we learn with woman can apply to our workplace and life in general. I am adamant that a DJ is not just a winner with women but with life in general.

Good post. Thanks.

--DD

[This message has been edited by DarkDream (edited 01-07-2002).]

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this above the stupid plagiarized nonsense!

lc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey

this is a great post! And timely. Almost bought my chick something this week 'cause we've had bumpy ride last two days & her interest level is indeterminate about now.

You're right. I used to do this. But you can't buy interest & any attempt to do it makes you look like a chump.

Thanks!

lc

Freestyler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly what I'm doing wrong... Absolutelu gorgeous advice!

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just wanted bump this one before I'm gone. Because it's not in the bible (not that it should be necessarily) you guys would otherwise not be likely to see it again.

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

RAFC_19

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man...I really needed this tip. Thanks Trickynick!

p.s. You going somewhere?

PoachR75

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tricky
N1 as usual

Panzergrenadier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good tip i feel like im panicing at the moment too...I slipped today and went out of my way to go to lunch with her which was a waste of time because my Norwegian friend was macking on her the whole time anyway...I know the feeling of what you mean

Impulsivity is a hazardous attitude to pilots as well, the feeling of do something, anything, but dont just do nothing!

------------------
Also los, Augen zu, und hinein