Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Paleolithic Bodybuilding

Romeo Sariani

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello,

I've last eaten bread/pasta/rice in March of 2003, and I admit I feel absolutely fine. I now thrive on a diet of nuts, fruit, fish, meats of various kinds, salads, olives and various cheeses. I haven't had a soft drink in 2 years, although sometimes I indulger in some pastries (once or twice a week).

It all happened becaus of a vacation I took to a place where the usual carbohydrate rich starch foods I was used to were not available, only dried meats were. Upon my return home, I felt so satisfied physically I just went on with this kind of nutrition.

My energy level is stable and consistently high, and I have avery athletic look (64 kg for 173 cm), pulldowns 220 x 12 pounds, lat machine 140 pounds x 12, bench 130 x 12 etc.

I advise you to use only fruits and vegetables as sources of carbohydrates (ie those you would find in nature).
Before workouts I have 2 bananas and a cup of coffee, and my workouts are effective and long.

I would like to hence increase my muscular mass, and want to know if it is possible without reverting to the old dietinghabits.

Here are a few interesting links on the subject:

www.neanderthin.com

www.paleofood.com

Cheers ;)

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
By American standards, you would probably be considered a bit underweight (5'8" 140lbs).

Also, going without starchy carbs isn't a bad idea, but you do need carbs. Try to take in unrefined carbs such as whole grain bread and pasta. They are much better for you than white bread/pasta.

As far as increasing muscle mass: you need to take in more calories than you're burning. Eat more meat and whole grains. Diesel's Gude to Bulking stickied here is excellent.

Romeo Sariani

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes,

I know American standards tend to be on the large side.

I think that man, as he developed in a savanna like environment, is meant to be muscular and agile but not rippling with muscles.
After all, what would be the use in such an environment, and how would he achieve such growth anyhow?

I just want 5 kg more, and especially would like to see some pectoral growth.

Does anyone suggest any whey powders or protein to this end, do they work?

RS

shrewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
whey protein is good, you can supplement with it, i try to get a mix of good protein/carbs in my post workout shake...something like N-Large. You can order supps off of www.Bodybuilding.com the stuff there is like 1/3 the price you'll get in stores. You may also wanna check www.trueprotein.com, also quite cheap.

If you lack carbs i suggest eating alot of potatoes they're tasty and very good for you, and they have a lot of carbs.

To get your pecs to grow, incline bench press, Incline/flat DB press, have given me the best results, and a good stretch at the end helps alot too....what i mean is lying flat on a bench holding a heavy DB in each hand (like 2/3 of what you DB bench) let the dumbell touch the floor but don't relax, push your chest upwards and your arms ******ds untill you feel a really hard strain in your pec muscles, and hold it for 60 seconds, it hurts alot but the results are worth it.

I have a 46 inch chest and my arms are only like 14.5, my waist is about 33 inches.

ok...it blocked o u t w a r d s i'm not sure why, but that's what the stars mean.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The paleolithic diet may be more suitable for humans, if you look at it from an evolutionary standpoint.

But as long as grains aren't consumed in excess, and as long as you stick mainly to whole, nutritious souces of carbohydrates (whole wheat, pasta, rice, oats), I don't think there's much of a problem.

Romeo Sariani

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually,

I almost orefer simple sugars and fruit instead of complex carbs.
I had like a half slice of bread some months, out of curiosity, and I almost fell asleep, no kidding!
That's why many people after a meal feel sleepy instead of energized.
Every few days I feel like having some pastries and some cake, and if taken just before a workout bring good resuslt, more energy and endurance.
I haven't cut carbohydrates entirely out of my diet only for reasons of wanting soem variety, otherwise after a while you get tired of meat, meat, eggs, meat etc.

Anyhow, I stil believe the premises of this lifestyle are valid

Shrewd:

thanks for the advice. I noticed I have a V shape upper body, which is definitely a good sign, chest 39 inches arms 14 and waist 30.

Only problem is having uneven pectorals, one of them is developed normally the other looks like there is some damaged tissue, cause its shape is abruptly cut in the central section, thus it is smaller.

Any knowledge of pectoral unevenness and its causes/remedies?

Cheers

RS