Paintball

gambit21680

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone here play paintball i was thinking of getting into it and i just wanted to know how it is and does it hurt bad if you get hit?

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd love to try it...

Damn I've just getting out of army and I miss my assault rifle big time already. :cry:

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love it! :D

No, it doesn't hurt at all... no need to wear a groin guard...

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It usually doesn't hurt. Most places require the speed to be below 300 (kph? whatever the little machine says). Some even lower than that. As long as the speed is between 270 and 300 and you don't get hit at point blank it doesn't hurt; even when you get a nasty, cool looking welt. Any lower than 270 and the balls don't break, and they hurt when they don't break. Any faster, and well, it's obvious. The only places I remember it hurting are on my fingers and top of my head.

When I go I always wear knee pads. You're going to do a lot of sliding and ducking on your knees. The first time I went I didn't have knee pads and I got scratched up pretty bad when I had pants (jeans) on.

fyrefly

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah you get more damaged from diving around than actually getting shot, it stings but it doesn't really hurt a lot, aslong as you're wearing a helmet you're fine

DDevil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting hit in the neck or the back of the legs hurt. If your worried about it just stay away from iron man.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesnt hurt man, just go and play. Me and my team used to play a game called "the pain game". You would stand 20 feet apart duel style except facing each other. Then each would shoot at each other moving closer and closer until someone quits. I've been shot point blank countless times and yea it stings but nothing too bad. The only place I would cry like a little girl is in the nuts obviously but that hasnt happened yet. *knock on wood*

Knee pads are a really good idea too. I have a pair of slim ones I wear underneath my pants. Also, wear baggy pants and a baggy shirt. Baggy clothes are key because you will get more balls that will bounce off and not break.

Its really a fun sport, I have been playing since I was 12 or 13 so about 7-8 years now.

If you need any advice on what kindof stuff to buy, don't hesitate to pm me.

Here is a pic of me from a tournament I played about a year ago. I'm in the background shooting. http://www.beog.org/events/iao2004/Owners Group Division/PB100123.jpg

HateOnMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember my first time playing and wonderin if those things would hurt, so I played in a tank top, doesnt hurt at all exept the lower back and itll leave marks but thats it. Can't wait till spring to play agian. You gonna play speedsball or woodsball?

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't really hurt. It' sort of an expensive habit, though. Those paintballs can get expensive.

I like playing in woods fields better than speedball. Speedball seems so contained and artificial, no real motive to outsmart or out-strategize your oppenent.

DDevil

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to start pump and save money you can buy that new tippmann marker that is powered by propane.

Anyone try it yet?

HateOnMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your kidding me right? Propane, damn thats crazy.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wear some goggles and you'll be fine.