Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

P90x

Hennery

Reaction score
I am interested to start the P90X program, diet and supplements. For the purpose of reducing body fat, increasing muscle mass, sweating a lot .. are all good things for detox and regulating blood sugar. If any one have knowledge or experience with this let me know please...

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you haven't been training hard or working out regularly for a significant amount of time (anyone without a steady workout routine 3+ times a week for a year or more), you're gonna have a tough time completing P90X.

It is an advanced workout meant for people who need to push the limits, but sadly it is marketed to average joe six pack who hardly gets up off the couch.

It is an amazing program, but I would estimate the failure rate (non-completion of the full 90 day program) to be significant. Probably as high as 90%. Most fall off after week 3 or 4.

I have a significant background in training and in all honesty, I could not even complete it at the time I tried it. I will admit that at the time, I had been out of the gym for over 9 months, due to work related issues. I may try it again this spring, after I finish my current training phase, and see how far I get.

Bottom line, it is not for the faint of heart.

FuriousSam

Reaction score
While Canadian is correct that it is eXtreme (note the X in P90X), don't be discourage to trying it out! I have never gone to the gym nor had a steady workout (if any) before trying P90X and I am doing fine (been on it for two years). I do have to agree that the first cycle was tough, but just stick with it and keep pushing play! Modify if you have to just to get use to it and keep working on it. If you feel that you can't do it everyday, just do it every other day until you can keep up. Working out is a marathon and not a splint especially if you have never workout before. The results are there like the infomercials, but those guys are the best of the crop. Check out beachbody forum for support and join one of their workout threads to keep motivated! It is a life changing journey.

exile663dfx

Don Juan
Reaction score
P90X is and always will be my favorite at home workout routine set. It is GOLD for people who want to lose fat and get toned in the comfort of their own home. I've started P90X in September 2010 and finished in January 2011. The results were awesome. Started at 176 lbs about 26% body fat by end of December I was 159lbs and 16% body fat. I followed the daily routine to the absolute best of my ability. But I did NOT follow their nutritional plan, even though I knew what I ate and how much was needed.

At first I could not keep up with Tony, but I did my best! And before I knew it a month into the routine I could. I was amazed in how quick my body was changing, and many took notice.

Overall P90X is a great program and I think you should invest in it. If you do, keep going, dont give up even if you can do a couple of push ups first ( you will build up to do 80 as I can now). I now go regularly to the gym, I weigh 154lbs with 8% body fat. And it all started with p90x.

Good luck, and remember as Tony Horton says "Do your best and forget the rest"!

Matt