P90X...Ouch/Wow!

nkh78h

Banned
Reaction score
I just started yesterday with some of my friends on the P90X fitness system. It does cardio, muscle, and flexibility. It confuses your muscles daily so you pretty much whip your ass in to shape fast.

The guy who bought the thing did it once already, and gained 25lbs in muscle over 90 days.

I missed the first three days, and he said that wouldn't matter...

All I can say is taht I didn't know I had some of the muscles I do until they started hurting...wow. No pain no gain is true...

Anyway, I have some quesses:

Should I get a protein shake mix? I'm trying to eat more meat, less carbs. I've stopped drinking pop (desserts and candy I'm trying to moderate), and the worst beverage I usually have is sweet tea (still, not that great).

I''ve found that having the other guys to do this with will be a really good thing, because it'll keep me accountable, making me stay the course and get through the program. After that, I'll either do it again, or just maintain whatever it is I gain.

I'm a runner, so I don't want to be super huge, but I'm 5'6 and around 138-145 lbs depending on the time I weigh. I'd like to get up to 155 or 160, and still be able to use my appendages quickly, reduce my bodyfat, and generally be able to kick ass and take names while looking good at the same time.

Speed + muscles + tone = win.

Any of you done the program? I'd like to hear about it.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that site has scam written all over it. 25lbs of muscle in 3 months? I highly doubt it...maybe if your lucky half that because there is a lot of water weight and other things that your body goes through once you start eating more. You need a very good diet. You can't gain 25lbs in 3 months if you don't eat A LOT.

It takes a very long time to get "huge" so don't worry.

No pain no gain is not true btw...you don't have to be sore to progress

Check out the stickied links on here for diet and a workout. You'd likely gain a lot faster on that than doing that silly P90x crap

nkh78h

Banned
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
that site has scam written all over it. 25lbs of muscle in 3 months? I highly doubt it...maybe if your lucky half that because there is a lot of water weight and other things that your body goes through once you start eating more. You need a very good diet. You can't gain 25lbs in 3 months if you don't eat A LOT.

It takes a very long time to get "huge" so don't worry.

No pain no gain is not true btw...you don't have to be sore to progress

Check out the stickied links on here for diet and a workout. You'd likely gain a lot faster on that than doing that silly P90x crap
Dude, P90 isn't a scam. My FRIEND not a promotional person gained 25lbs. He's still gaining. It's not fat, either. The guy's big.

Ken88

Don Juan
Reaction score
P90x guides

Check out this site for some Free P90x Guide downloads

Doesn't have the videos, but has the guides. You can see what p90x is about before you start. Anyways I am currently waiting for min to get here in the mail. Was thinking about getting it for a while and ones I saw some of the materials I was sold.

Site also has a pretty cool workout log you can download

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My cousin is doing it ...I cant say that I see much of a difference besides him getting skinnier (Think of a guy 6,5 300+ getting skinny SLOWELY!).

I keep telling him to come with me to they gym because I feel and SEE that I am getting better results with my routine (Variation of 5x5) as opposed to him having the p90x workout AND meal plan.

I personally think everyone can benifit by drinking protein.....seems that most if not all people that DONT lift weight's or in some sort of workout/exercise dont ingest enough protein so I think you can benifit greatly.

Plus it's true it will take a long time to get big....I started last july and am still the same weight just less fat more muscle.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the whole "muscle confusion" thing is funny. They preach that so much but it's so overblown.

You "confuse" a muscle by adding more weight or volume.

Some jerkoff from the street (who they advertise to) can keep advancing for a long time using the same exercises.

Yeah i understand the conjugate method but to apply it some piddly program of dudes doing pushups and junk and really pushing it into your consciousness is such a marketing gimmick.

Take a look at a powerlifting routine like the suddenly trendy Wendler 5-3-1 and tell me if "muscle confusion" is required to grow and get strong or lose fat.

I don't really doubt this system can deliver what it says it does, but more of what it delivers is just getting people moving, using some weights, and giving enough cardio to burn calories... not some magic MUSSELZ CONFUSHUN.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to get big fast? Get a job at a gravel factory.

Here's a tip: If its easy, its not working.