Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Overheard Chick Conversation: Explains Drama Boyfriend

NeverFear

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im reading in one of those overstuffed chairs at a bookstore and two chicks(one attractive the other fat and apparently married) are talking about men.

The attractive single one is going ON AND ON about how much trouble the guy she's dating is. He's inconsistent and causes problems.

But SHE"S TALKING ABOUT HIM and still going out with him.

So its obvious she LIKES this guy.

It occurs to me that not only do women like this kind of drama, it gives them SOMETHING TO CHAT about with their girlfriends.

Its a prestige situation. "SEE HOW DRAMATIC MY LIFE IS? "

I considered looking up from my book and saying
"Hey, who are you kidding? Stop complaining about this guy. You obviously like him like he is. Otherwise you'd dump him immediately".

But I fear the politically correct feminist BULL JIVE hostility which would proclaim me a misguided prick who is a creep.

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's only wo ways to beat boringness in a relationship. One of them is drama!! The other is fun and excitement.

One thing I can say for certain is that this guy is not doing this on purpose, otherwise he wouldn't do such a good job :D This means that he is in fact inconsistent and problematic.

If you went out and tried to do this kind of thing on purpose, you'd have to be a really, really good actor to pull it off or you'd come off as weird.

Of course she likes the guy, after the kind of work she has to put in the relationship to make it work. We value, A LOT, that which we work hard to achieve.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It occurs to me that not only do women like this kind of drama, it gives them SOMETHING TO CHAT about with their girlfriends.
I don't believe this - as a general rule.

What I do believe is, that guys who give girls problems like this - i.e. the jerks - are the guys that also do the most exciting things with women - spur of the moment, action guys.

The "Marrage" kinda guys - i.e. nice guys - are considerate, responsible, pay their bills on time, show up to dates on time - i.e. these are boring guys - there's no excitement.

The goal is to balance these - to be exciting - but also to treat your LTR right.....

The question is, can you be exciting, spur of the moment, sometimes crazy...... yet keep the drama BS out of it.

OpenMind

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You dont need to be a "jerk" for a girl to talk about drama. All you have to do is live your life on yours terms and be a man. what a man thinks "drama" is and what a woman thinks "drama" is are two different things. You can be a nice guy and keep her guessing and you are creating "drama" for a woman. A woman without "drama" is a woman who doesnt have high interest. If they have nothing to talk about then get bored with you....

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by legolas
There's only two ways to beat boringness in a relationship. One of them is drama!! The other is fun and excitement.

I think this is a very simple yet profound quote...

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that is true of some women.. and it doesnt just apply to relationships... some people just aren't happy unless their life is complicated and they have tons of drama and they can get attention... but this is not really a healthy way to be... so Yes, it's true... but are these the types of girls you want? That's really the question.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats weird coz i was thinking about this and talking to a friend about it the other day!

Girls LOVE drama, good or bad, they love it. Keeps them busy and gives em something to b!tch/talk/worry about!

Without drama life would be dull! :)

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sort of reminds me of that episode of Simpsons where Homer breaks his jaw and is forced to wear a brace. He cannot talk clearly so after struggling forces himself to listen for the first time. This brings in a breakthrough for him and he "changes" from the usual Homer, always causing trouble, to a loving, caring Homer who goes to sleep at 9 pm. Well his wife loves it at first, but becomes bored after a while. So she tries to bring in some drama!!

Dilly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there anything the Simpsons hasn't covered... :D

I remember that episode, and it is true. That is how women think, they do need a little "Action" in their lives.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by legolas
There's only wo ways to beat boringness in a relationship. One of them is drama!! The other is fun and excitement.

I'm not sure about this.

One thing I learned even in the depths of my AFC ness was that most women seem to thrive on emotional turmoil. This is why they have romance books, chick flicks and soap operas.

Most women need and want to have emotional rollercoaster rides and to endlessly debate and discuss these with female friends (and AFC emotional tampons hehe).

But I don't think 'fun and excitement' necessarily have the same effect. If you are predictably a fun and exciting guy, she will probably become bored without even knowing why.

The key is to be unpredicatable - ie to vary your behaviour. Sometimes you are the nice, safe, reliable boyfriend. Other times you are the fun and exciting boyfriend. Other times you couldn't give a f*ck either way and just do your own thing to show you are your own man.

THIS is what maintains womens' interest level. I reckon the best words you can hear a woman say are 'I can't work you out'.

Aramas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Malibu got it right. When some women are unhappy with their lives they try to make it more interesting by pumping up the drama. For most chicks it just means they're bored but don't have the courage to move on.

There are a small group that can't live without it though - the drama queens. They measure the success of a relationship by how much emotional turmoil is present.

There are others that keep the drama one sided - they measure the worth of a relationship by how much emotional turmoil they can cause their bf - they're the emotional vampires. As long as they can hurt him she figures he still loves her.

However, neither drama queens nor emotional vampires are even close to psychologically healthy. While a lot of chicks will do that stuff occasionally when the relationship has turned dull, anyone that makes a habit of it should be avoided like the plague, even if they are a 9+!. Most chicks are not like that - they want relationships to be easy, secure and comfortable, but still a little adventurous at times.