Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Out of The Blue Compliment From Her

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot is said about complimenting a lady and if you must compliment them only do it every so often but unless I have missed it I have not read anything on a woman giving a man a compliment.

What exactly does it mean if a woman or lady friend you have known for some time out of the blue for the first time compliments you by saying you look nice or good.

I have always complimented this one friend on how she looks off and on when I see fit etc., but I haven't up until yesterday ever recieved a compliment from her. Now when she said I looked good or nice all I had on was a different shirt but I had the same jeans, boots, belt I have always worn around her and I have worn other newer shirts and have never received any compliment from her before so I am a bit confused.

So basically is a compliment from a lady friend or possible lover a good sign and does it mean something that she wants more in the friendship?

I guess I sound like a first grader here>wink

LoneSilver

musclyjerk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps she is looking for you to make a compliment on her. Maybe she feels a little insecure and wants one of your compliments to buzz off.

You have no way of knowing what that compliment was unless you make a move on her and put your balls on the line.

She will probably say 'oh hee hee I see you as a friend' and if you say 'why di you compliment me' she'l just lie and say 'I just thought you looked good I was being nice' when all she wanted was a compliment back off you.

This kind of stuff makes me sick.

Tell you what I'd do, I'd know she was just fishing for a compliment and I'd mess about with her physically playing around a little and then slip my hand on the inside of her thigh or cup her arse cheeks and move toward her like like I want to f*** her.. then if she wasn't looking for 'more' - tough, she will feel all violated... and it's all her bloody fault for being a stupid cow.

Caught me in a good mood today. ;)

Pete

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know its one of those situations thats hard to figure on I lean back and see what comes next but your properly right she was only fishing for a compliment back to her.

Thanks musclyjerk

LoneSilver

musclyjerk said:
Perhaps she is looking for you to make a compliment on her. Maybe she feels a little insecure and wants one of your compliments to buzz off.

You have no way of knowing what that compliment was unless you make a move on her and put your balls on the line.

She will probably say 'oh hee hee I see you as a friend' and if you say 'why di you compliment me' she'l just lie and say 'I just thought you looked good I was being nice' when all she wanted was a compliment back off you.

This kind of stuff makes me sick.

Tell you what I'd do, I'd know she was just fishing for a compliment and I'd mess about with her physically playing around a little and then slip my hand on the inside of her thigh or cup her arse cheeks and move toward her like like I want to f*** her.. then if she wasn't looking for 'more' - tough, she will feel all violated... and it's all her bloody fault for being a stupid cow.

Caught me in a good mood today. ;)

Pete

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
read rollo's post on overt versus covert behavior.

the first mistake your making is thinking that what shes doing is well thought out with a specific purpose in mind. that shes sending you a signal and that if you had any brains you'd know what it means.

WRONG WRONG WRONG!

she's toying with you and you'll never know why shes doing this. the AFC thing to do would be to try and figure it out, eventually get REALLY frustrated, then end up angry with her.

if you think she was flirting, then flirt back. if she's looking to get into your pants, she will keep flirting. if she's not, she will pick up that you're getting the wrong signal and stop flirting instantly. then you need to stop flirting.

another strategy is to ignore her behavior and go spin other plates. if she sees that you aren't picking up on her signals and that she might lose you to some other chic she'll make her signals more blatant. if she wasn't flirting to begin with and it was just an innocent comment, no big deal, you've done the right thing by focusing on women who have something to offer you.

at this point,b ased on the very limited amount of info available, i'd hazard theres an 80% chance the following is happening....

this girl is, for whatever the reason, not getting the attention she wants from men right now. you're her easiest outlet for some quick attention. by complimenting you she's initiating the male mating response - which she's hoping will lead to you showering her with attention.

women are very aware that complimenting a man (when done in a certain way) is a way of starting the courtship process. trust me, they've had plenty of experience mistakenly complimenting a man and having him then make make a move on her 2 weeks later. so most of them are very cautious about complimenting a man if they have zero interest in something developing.

BUT, don't let that get your hopes up. because like i say, there are PLENTY of women who just want to know that they could HAVE you, but they don't really want you. they just want to know that they can lead you to the water - it DOES NOT mean they will let you drink.

which is why, as a man, you have to always maintain your independence and why spinning plates works so well. when a woman knows you can get a drink anytime, anywhere, she'll work harder to lead you to water and she'll let you drink when you get there.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joekerr31 that was a very interesting read and you have very good insight.

Sorry it took so long to answer back and thanks.

LoneSilver

joekerr31 said:
read rollo's post on overt versus covert behavior.

the first mistake your making is thinking that what shes doing is well thought out with a specific purpose in mind. that shes sending you a signal and that if you had any brains you'd know what it means.

WRONG WRONG WRONG!

she's toying with you and you'll never know why shes doing this. the AFC thing to do would be to try and figure it out, eventually get REALLY frustrated, then end up angry with her.

if you think she was flirting, then flirt back. if she's looking to get into your pants, she will keep flirting. if she's not, she will pick up that you're getting the wrong signal and stop flirting instantly. then you need to stop flirting.

another strategy is to ignore her behavior and go spin other plates. if she sees that you aren't picking up on her signals and that she might lose you to some other chic she'll make her signals more blatant. if she wasn't flirting to begin with and it was just an innocent comment, no big deal, you've done the right thing by focusing on women who have something to offer you.

at this point,b ased on the very limited amount of info available, i'd hazard theres an 80% chance the following is happening....

this girl is, for whatever the reason, not getting the attention she wants from men right now. you're her easiest outlet for some quick attention. by complimenting you she's initiating the male mating response - which she's hoping will lead to you showering her with attention.

women are very aware that complimenting a man (when done in a certain way) is a way of starting the courtship process. trust me, they've had plenty of experience mistakenly complimenting a man and having him then make make a move on her 2 weeks later. so most of them are very cautious about complimenting a man if they have zero interest in something developing.

BUT, don't let that get your hopes up. because like i say, there are PLENTY of women who just want to know that they could HAVE you, but they don't really want you. they just want to know that they can lead you to the water - it DOES NOT mean they will let you drink.

which is why, as a man, you have to always maintain your independence and why spinning plates works so well. when a woman knows you can get a drink anytime, anywhere, she'll work harder to lead you to water and she'll let you drink when you get there.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did ya ever think...

Maybe she said you looked nice because....it was a new shirt and IT LOOKED NICE???? Not every one has a motive!

cpddavis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I wouldn't read too much into it one way or another. I've had girls that wanted to basically rape me never say a complimentary thing about my body (yet totally into it) and those that had no interest tell me how handsome I am. I t means nothing. All that means anything is if she gives you that look and you return it and then its party time.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cpddavis said:
Man, I wouldn't read too much into it one way or another. I've had girls that wanted to basically rape me never say a complimentary thing about my body (yet totally into it) and those that had no interest tell me how handsome I am. I t means nothing. All that means anything is if she gives you that look and you return it and then its party time.

they wanted to rape you>?!!!!! :moon: :nervous:

lee36044

Don Juan
Reaction score
WaterTiger said:
Did ya ever think...

Maybe she said you looked nice because....it was a new shirt and IT LOOKED NICE???? Not every one has a motive!
WoW an analysis that could well be the truth! I know when I compliment a female, even one I have no interest in, the compliment is always based in truth. Anything less and they can usually tell. Even when I'm trying my hardest to hook up ... compliments are only given when deserved.

Does her compliment signal a change in your status with her? Who knows! Is it a signal she will be more receptive to your advances? Only one way to find out! Is she fishing for attention? Could be. No one who wasn't there to experience the entire situation can even give good advice on something so vague! The only thing certain here is that you have received a compliment!

Despite the rampant cynicism concerning female motives so prevalent on this board, not every action taken by a woman has an underlying motive. Take it for what it is ... for whatever reason ... you looked "nice" that day and she thought you should know.