Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Our life span

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine shown me this a few days ago:

http://www.deathclock.com/

Its not at all reliable, but the thing that stood out is that it asks what type of person you are; 'normal', 'sadistic', 'pedimistic', or 'optimistic'. It seems most of us here have a very positive, laid back view of life, so they would be classed as optimistic. The calculator shows that people who are optimistic, live the longest. Its made me curious to see if we're going to live longer than the average person. I know it sounds ridiculous...

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but do they live hte longest because they are optimistic, or is it rather that whatever it is about them that makes them live the longest also makes them optimistic?

personally my view is that its not how long you live, its how much you live.

when your time is up, its up. regardless of what some program on the internet tells you.

Tyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought it was a "optimistic" evaluation rather than whetever we are optimistic. Anyway, see on the other side after 2055 Septemper 14.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mmm, they say that the first person to live to be 1000 has already been born.
Some leading experts say we are on the verge of being able to stop and even reverse aging.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Teflon_Mcgee said:
Mmm, they say that the first person to live to be 1000 has already been born.
Some leading experts say we are on the verge of being able to stop and even reverse aging.
Give me your sources.

Now for my opinion based on facts:

Telomeres are the ends of chromosomes that shorten as we age, and once they disappear, you are dead since your cells fail to divide.

Trouble is, infinite telomeres results in unrestricted growth. Sounds good? Not really, because that's cancer. It's a delicate balance and we're no where NEAR getting rid of aging. Stem cells hold the best potential.

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im 21, and hoping in 50 years time we'll discover some cure of aging a death

Bioshock style, adjust our DNA, so old old wringly bodies can regenerate to theri peak physical condition

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasn't saying it as fact. I was just saying.

Anyway, ScienceNation on NPR did a show on it.

But like I said, there are groups of scientists that are saying we are on the verge.
I froget their method but I don't beleive it involved stem cells.

But I don't have an opinion on it. I'm not a genetic engineer.

Desert Fox said:
Give me your sources.

Now for my opinion based on facts:

Telomeres are the ends of chromosomes that shorten as we age, and once they disappear, you are dead since your cells fail to divide.

Trouble is, infinite telomeres results in unrestricted growth. Sounds good? Not really, because that's cancer. It's a delicate balance and we're no where NEAR getting rid of aging. Stem cells hold the best potential.

thehexman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just calculated my death clock, and if you enter the same information twice different results pop up. Not very reliable to say the least....