Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Our govt. lies worse than any woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
macallik said:

Please post sources and answer the questions I posed to you.

Obvious based on what? Your expertise in UFOs? What kind of missile moves slow enough for it to be tracked by a helicopter for 10 mins?
The amount of video we saw was what, a minute? Who really knows how long it was "tracked". Where is this 10 minute number coming from? The media that was fed by the govt? As far as watching a rocket and its contrail, by the time it was out of view, it takes about 5-7 minutes, and you will see the contrail for hours. I'll say it again. I lived on the coast of Santa Monica, and then even closer to LAX in Marina Del Rey-WHERE THIS WAS FILMED, and I NEVER EVER EVER saw a contrail like that out of ALL the thousands of planes I saw taking off there at LAX.

macallik said:
To blame the FEDs for all this is an overstatement. Tax relief leads to excessive spending, trying to recover quickly from the Tech bubble led to excess spending in the next field (Housing).
LOL, who do you think started the tech bubble? Greenspan, the Chairman of the Federal Reserve with his deregulation, and again, handing out free money. So then, when his tech bubble popped, he had to keep the gravy train rolling! Can't have Americans thinking they should actually SAVE their money...hell no! Lets lower interest rates even more and hand out more free money so consumers can go into even more debt! Please...go talk your babble to someone else. I've lived and breathed the stock market since I was 5 years old.

macallik said:
Second, if banks are unable to loan do you think this is good or bad for the economy as a whole? Yes they took risks, and yes it was poor of them, but clearly you do not understand the reasoning behind too big to fail. It is not merely a namesake. If these institutions were to fail, they would have a ripple effect that affects people that have nothing to do with the stock market moreso than bailing them out (and getting repaid with interest) costs.

No they did the opposite thing during the Great Depression. They used tactics that led to deflation while this time they are using techniques that lead to inflation. Please state the sources of who said that they are doing the same thing as the Great Depression.
News flash. NOTHING is too big to fail. Things fail because they DON"T work! That is the shining mantra of a free market capitalistic economy. When something doesn't work, it goes under and is replaced by someone or something that can make better use of the assets available so that it does work. Why pour more money into something that has shown that it doesn't work? How in the hell do you think we got into this mess in the first place? If Greenspan hadn't encouraged the tech bubble then that wouldn't have burst, or if he and then Bernanke had just let the tech bubble burst and have a decent sized recession without creating another bubble in the housing market and trying to stave off a recession, then the crisis of two years ago would never have happened. You cannot keep throwing good money after BAD! Can you not see this! Let something that does not work FAIL! Now we aren't just throwing money at the crisis, we are throwing money we DON'T HAVE! So we print it! Now we are entering the last bubble. The inflation and commodities bubble. Then maybe a true correction can take place. Of course by then the US dollar will be worthless, the North American Union will be here, and the Amero will be our currency, so the Fed will get what they want anyway.

As far as the Great Depression, I am not saying it was an inflationary bubble that started it, but it was tied to loose credit which led to over-indebtedness, which fueled speculation and asset bubbles. A well known economist, Irving Fisher, talked about this and I happen to agree. Here are nine factors interacting with one another under conditions of debt and deflation to create the mechanics of boom to bust. The chain of events proceeded as follows:

1. Debt liquidation and distress selling
2. Contraction of the money supply as bank loans are paid off
3. A fall in the level of asset prices
4. A still greater fall in the net worths of business, precipitating bankruptcies
5. A fall in profits
6. A reduction in output, in trade and in employment.
7. Pessimism and loss of confidence
8. Hoarding of money
9. A fall in nominal interest rates and a rise in deflation adjusted interest rates.

Also......during the Crash of 1929 preceding the Great Depression, margin requirements were only 10%. Brokerage firms, in other words, would lend $9 for every $1 an investor had deposited. When the market fell, brokers called in these loans, which could not be paid back. Banks began to fail as debtors defaulted on debt and depositors attempted to withdraw their deposits en masse, triggering multiple bank runs. Government guarantees and Federal Reserve banking regulations to prevent such panics were ineffective or not used.

Read that again, WERE NOT USED. The Federal Reserve allowed them to fail to cause even more panic, just like they did with Lehman Bros. 2 years ago. So then they can swoop in at the end and save the day by buying assets for pennies on the dollar! But of course, they save their brother in arms Goldman, which just so happened to have a major connection with Fed Chairman Bernanke!

Child please!!!!!

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CAUTION: tin foil hats required beyond this point.

There's nothing more salivating than witnessing the birth of a conspiracy.

On October 26 Nuclear Missiles Go Offline after Computer "Error" in Wyoming. (yeah, if you believe that cover story), Now this happens... I find it hard to believe this is just coincidental given the time frame of these incidents. The Government only lets you know what you need to know and only when it serves their agenda. No, it wasn't a weather balloon or Iron Man.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
You need to understand. I lived exactly where that video was shot for a year....in Santa Monica. I used to go to the park above the Santa Monica bluffs/incline/Pacific Coast Highway looking over the beach and ocean, and sit and watch the planes take off from LAX about 5 miles south. I never ever saw a plane leave a contrail like that. Plus, I never knew planes had fire coming out of their back ends like this one does. That may be a lot of things, but a plane it was not. Would be VERY easy to find out from the FAA or LAX if they have a record on radar or a takeoff at that time of day, and so far I have seen nothing of the sort. I have seen the pentagon deny having any knowledge of it for 2 days, and then all of a sudden parade out some "experts" who claim it was an airplane.

Keep drinking the kool aid!

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jonathan McDowell, an astronomer who tracks space launches at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge, Massachusetts, says it was probably an optical illusion caused by a plane. "If it's coming over the horizon, straight at you, then it rises quickly above the horizon," he told New Scientist. "You can't tell because it's so far away that it's getting closer to you – you'd think it was just going vertically up," he says. The fact that it occurred at twilight would have emphasized the contrail, he adds. "It's critical that it's at sunset – it's a low sun angle. It really illuminates the contrail and makes it look very dense and bright."
These are scientific facts which are independently verifiable by picking up and reading science books.

Cordoncordon,

You didn't see the 'missile' trail yourself, I assume, because otherwise you would have mentioned it by now. Even if you did, eyewitness accounts are highly unreliable. Thus, you really have no grounds for reasoning except for the provided video and the statement by the television news station of its duration. Thus, we can apply established scientific facts of atmospheric factors and the speed of missiles. Speculation of a longer uncut video is insufficient grounds to argue the 'missile' tracking wasn't for an established ten minutes. Thus, in the absence of affirmative evidence and with scientific explanations of a combination of atmospheric factors coalescing into an optical illusion, the strongest reasoned argument is to provisionally, tentatively, reject the missile hypothesis, pending further evidence. Good reasoned thinking isn't about shooting first and asking questions later. Before you can reach for an 'exotic' conclusion, you must first rule out the boring and mundane explanations—which you have not done so.

Science historian Michael Shermer spoke during a TED Talk about "The pattern behind self-deception" which explains the psychology of conspiracy theorists in the context of weird beliefs. It's highly interesting. I really do think conspiracy theorists, in general, are drawn to conspiratorial thinking because they have a psychological external locus of control.

As for skeptics being mindless 'sheep,' did you know lemmings jumpging off a cliff was an urban legend created by Walt Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.