Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

OT- lets see the pimp mobiles

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by face2003
429*

Sorry, had to do it...
Oh you sob i'll kill you.

Yes sorry it is a 429 :D

Just made vincent look stupid.

Ford did make a big block 427, made famous by the Shelby cobra, more notably the 68.

face2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very true. But, the 427 chevy engine is a much more "popular" engine then the ford 427 from what I've seen.

face2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShizamDaMan

Just goes to show you can make anything fast with enough $$$$. If I were loaded I'd have my car running a turbo LS1 and putting down 600HP at the wheels with a 100 shot of nitrous just for bragging rights :)
If I were loaded, I would buy myself one of these bad boys: http://www.fast-autos.net/hennessey/hennessey1000tt.html

1092 ponies
9 sec quater mile stock :D
0-60 2.0 seconds or lower

Heaven pretty much, check it out.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very true. But, the 454 chevy engine is a much more "popular" engine then the ford 427 from what I've seen.
Fixed

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CrazyAsianBiker
SHUT THE **** UP
DAMN
JUST POST YOUR CAR PICTURES.
wheres your car then?

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I were loaded, I would buy myself one of these bad boys: http://www.fast-autos.net/hennessey/hennessey1000tt.html

1092 ponies
9 sec quater mile stock :D
0-60 2.0 seconds or lower

Heaven pretty much, check it out.
The turbo LS1 would be my daily driver, I'd have a 69' Camaro Super Sport running on alcohol and running 6's on the 1/4th for my weekend warrior :)

LordBrian

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent

Theres no replacement for displacement.
then howcome a tiny 1.8L lotus engine can outrun a 6.0L corvette? Engine size means nothing. Efficency, compression, and weight matter.

Size only improves the low end and nothing more. Thats why torque is produced much easier in larger engines at lower rpms.

With that in mind, I drive a 3.0L Chysler LeBaron GTC. However, I would be much happier with a prelude vtec engine... 200 hp, 200 torque.

TheWanderer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you live in wisconsin too......that's awesome. Where in WI?

ANyways, I drive a 1997 dodge neon. 4 door, forest green.......you can picture it. Decent car.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LordBrian
then howcome a tiny 1.8L lotus engine can outrun a 6.0L corvette?
BECAUSE THE CAR IS SMALLER. Try stuffing a 6.0 into a small Lotus somehow (maybe the same way Shelby shoved a giant engine into a car the size of a Miata) and you will have a WAY FASTER car.

Poppin' Tags

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
The Saleen S7 is also mid-engine, but not very well known. The upcoming Chrysler ME Four-Twelve (850 HP, 850 torque) will also be mid-engine.
Well ill be damned...

ya ive read about the four-twelve i cant wait

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LordBrian
then howcome a tiny 1.8L lotus engine can outrun a 6.0L corvette? Engine size means nothing. Efficency, compression, and weight matter.

Size only improves the low end and nothing more. Thats why torque is produced much easier in larger engines at lower rpms..
Uhm. No

I'd too lazy to look up the stats now, but i believe the corvette runs a 4.0 - 4.3 whereas the lotus runs around a 4.4 0-60

The lotus elise is a hell of a car, don't get me wrong.

But the Corvette engine is a masterpeice. The engine at 6.0 liters puts out an astonishing 400 hp, the compression ratio, even though not big block worthy, still respectable, and the all fiberglass body makes it incredibly light, 3200 lbs is light.

Plus you'll never ever ever get the horsepower from the toyota engine in the elise that you could get from a corvette. The overall displacement is in the end, the killer.

Of course companies engines can vary by horsepower according to the size, but if you were to modify an engine. Theres no replacement for displacement.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Poppin' Tags
Only American mid-engine sports car ever made.
Only is such a bold word.

There was actually a mid engine car produced in the 50's-60 era, i forget the name but it was a chevy production. I was watching a show on it.

There are other mid engine american built cars, just uncommon. The traditional front engine is a much more accepted cars by the people.

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Reaction score
ME412 Pics & Specs

I've been interested in this car for the past year and it is awesome! I'll likely never own one but thats ok. I plan to enhance a 1978 Pontiac Trans-Am and a Chevelle of sorts.
60's and 70's cars kick @$$.

But yeah, right now I drive a little 2.3L 1991 Mustang LX Hatchback... It does what I need it to until I get to building my TA and Chevelle :D

Oh and if theres a webpage that shows you a geo that can outrun a Ferrari Enzo i'd like to see it. Seriously, Geos lack room and I wanna see what this so called thing looks like. I am really doubting its existance atm.