Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Optimal Time to Ask for Phone Number?

Optimal Time to Ask for Phone Number

• As soon as possible

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Once she knows your name

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once she starts touching or hugging you when she sees you

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Once you realize you like her

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once she gives you an "in" like "What are you doing this weekend?"

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Often, when we meet a girl we try to ask for the number right away, but if we get it before she really knows who we are, texting her is less effective. It also can turn a naturally smooth interaction filled with mystery into a standard pick-up routine. Many girls don't reply to the first text and we are dead in the water. This hurts our odds because she will then see us as "that guy I blew off".

When we meet a girl at her place of business and establish chemistry, it's often best to ask them when they are working again and revisit them there. Chance are, if we already got the number, she'd simply text and say to come visit her there anyway. "When are you working again?" is one of my favorite lines.

When it comes to having sex it's best to do it as soon as possible, but with asking for their number it's prudent to build a rapport first.

What do you consider the optimal time to ask for her number?

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't ask, I give. It's out of your hands then and not something you need worry about. If she likes you, she'll use the number, if not, she won't. Simple.

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never.

I prefer to invite them to meet me. The ones who accept will almost always offer their number without my ever asking for it.
I just threw all of my coffee all over my table, I felt like sharing. About the question, Espi is right. If you want the girl, offer a date, if they say yes, the number is just the next logical step.

Even more, doing it this way accomplish two important things:
1. It shows you have balls and you are interested in a sexual relationship.
2. It makes clear you are using the phone as a logistical tool, you don't want to text, you want to meet her.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when i get tired of talking to her after the initial approach

note: girls never text me back, but i always get the number

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes all you gotta do is ask and you will receive. I matched with a girl on Tinder and got her number surprisingly easy.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also never ask for ph# numbers
have given interested girls my business card, they call or dont... just ask TheMonkeyKing

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After you have made plans to do something. Then it is just a natural progression.
A phone number is a tool, not the goal.

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once you've established she's worth your time.

Take out your phone put it in her hands and say "Put your number in."

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And then txt her straight away with a stupid message, so she remembers you. "hi, from the incredibly studly guy" and you can confirm it is really her number.

Finesse7

Reaction score
I have barely gotten this experience, most women I meet usually ask me for my number. But when I do ask for it, it's usually after a moment shows up. I do agree with John though, you should ask her on a date and then get her number right after

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
When we meet a girl at her place of business and establish chemistry, it's often best to ask them when they are working again and revisit them there. Chance are, if we already got the number, she'd simply text and say to come visit her there anyway. "When are you working again?" is one of my favorite lines.
I think guys should ask the girl out right then and there. If you leave the interaction, 1001 things can happen before the next interaction.

When it comes to having sex it's best to do it as soon as possible, but with asking for their number it's prudent to build a rapport first.

What do you consider the optimal time to ask for her number?
If she is good enough to have sex with, within 30 seconds. You have to pretend you are a King. If you are "try" to establish "rapport", she will be looking for an excuse to bail or holes in your story. First have good sex with her as soon as possible, THEN figure what you guys have in common. :rolleyes:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Assuming you want to **** her, why do you need to waste any time? Get the number immediately and tell her you'll call her later. Then get away from her.

Gents, stop analyzing and start doing.

"Hi, you're cute. What's your number?" Is an opener I've had work. If she's interested all she cares about is you making a move. **** or get off the pot.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Assuming you want to **** her, why do you need to waste any time? Get the number immediately and tell her you'll call her later. Then get away from her.

Gents, stop analyzing and start doing.

"Hi, you're cute. What's your number?" Is an opener I've had work. If she's interested all she cares about is you making a move. **** or get off the pot.
This gets the number, but IMO is not the optimal time to guarantee her replying to your text. They ideally will have a crush first.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This gets the number, but IMO is not the optimal time to guarantee her replying to your text. They ideally will have a crush first.
Why do you care about when she replies to your text?
Why do you care about the "optimal time?"

The only thing that matters is if she accepts, and shows up at the date. That's it.

C00lAF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Optimal time"??? You are talking like you are dealing with a chemical reaction that you need to know when to exactly add 2 drops of something before the lab explodes...its a girl for fvck sake.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Why do you care about when she replies to your text?
Why do you care about the "optimal time?"

The only thing that matters is if she accepts, and shows up at the date. That's it.
These statements are true but contradict each other.

I want her to accept and show up, therefore I care when she replies (to my invitation) and thus I wonder about the optimal time to start the process.

I got no less than 20 phone numbers this summer and about 8 never responded to the first text. That's 40%. In September I had a 3 way kiss with 2 girls who gave me their number on consecutive days. One (who I had just met) never wrote back. The other (who had a crush on me by the time I asked) I'm now dating and is the girl of my dreams.

Note that if you aren't going to see her again you obviously have to ask for her number.