Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Opinion on new diet?

Prolific

Reaction score
Here's the scoop:
I decided I was going to make a change with my diet, (something I should have done a long, long time ago) I stopped drinking soda, eating junk food etc, and after some research decided I'd begin drinking a gallon of whole milk each day. From this I gain close to 3000 calories alone, along with the calories from whatever else I eat. I've mentioned this to people in school and a majority of them told me that's a ridiculous idea and it'd do more harm than good. They warned me all I will do is put on an ample amount of fat, which I might be alright with to some degree.

Whats your guy's take on this? I weigh 165 lb's, and im 6'1. I've gained 25 lb's solid muscle since I started working out, but I have a small frame and there's been little actual mass gain. My goal since the beginning has been to bulk up to 185 lb's, and I feel this is a good way to do so. This is my third day drinking a gallon of milk a day and although i'm seeing little change in my weight, I've been more energized and active. I think this diet will work well, but I'm inexperienced, which is why i've come here. There are a lot of people on here who know far more than I do about these things, and I feel it'd be wise to gain input from them. I'd really appreciate your feedback

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The people at your school are idiots. That's not how fat works. If you keep a high enough level of effort you won't gain much bodyfat. Some bodyfat gain is unavoidable from bulking.

You might experience some inflamation and bloating from so much milk which goes away after you stop using it in such large quantities.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Post up the diet and routine that put 25lbs of solid muscle on you.

Prolific

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Alle, you were absolutely correct about the bloated feeling, it definitely takes a little getting used to. So far I've seen a 3-4 lb gain, which is a definite start.

EFFORT, there were some circumstances working in my favor that really helped me gain that much muscle. Considering my height and my overall lack of muscle/body mass, gaining that much muscle mass was pretty straightforward.
Long arms + Being tall = more room for muscle development.

for the first four months (the only time period where I made any gains and had consistent effort) I had a schedule which was broken up into 4 workout days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), each one lasting 48 minutes. I'd have a shoulder day, a bicep/tricep day, a chest day, and a back day. Each one of these days involved around 4-5 sets of 3 different exercises. Friday and Sunday I relaxed, and Saturday i'd simply do push ups etc.
I had a whey protein shake directly after my work out and right before going to bed, but otherwise I ate whatever I wanted to.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You gained 25 lbs w/o doing any leg/hip/ass work?? Ah... wish I was a beginner again!

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) diet. Milk totally bloats me and a gallon of milk would mean that I'd be on the can 10x a day. In my opinion there are less extreme diets that will work w/o all the bloat, etc.

I'm currently sitting at 5'8" - 185, slowly ramping up to a full bulking diet. I'm just gonna cut and paste suggestions from a previous post about a bulking diet that I think is effective.

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m91/Treydesmon/
... Pics in the blue tank top where I have the fat face are the most recent. Gotta love what bulking does for your self esteem! :D

Cut and paste:

As far as diet goes, if you're trying to bulk you'll need lots of high quality food, especially low GI carbs and complete protein. I'm not a huge fan of blending stuff. Just make your food in bulk quantities and stick it in the fridge. If you do this, you'll have to cook roughly 2x/wk. I bake my chicken at 310 F for around 45 minutes. I use tex-mex or whatever seasoning I feel like and cover it w/ foil as it keeps the meat nice and juicy. I work 12 hour shifts, so I bring 3 meals worth of food. I require 4 tupperware containers (2 for oatmeal and 2 for chicken/veges) and my large shaker bottle for my mass gainer shake. I buy the frozen vege packs, and bulk fresh skinless chicken thighs or drumsticks. All you'll need for the proposed diet is chicken, oatmeal, mass gainer, whey isolate, eggs, frozen veges and fruit.

Here's a sample diet that's actually pretty close to my current diet:

Meal 1: 40 g whey w/ 1 cup oatmeal and some fruit.
Meal 2: 6-8 oz chicken/beef w/ veges and 1.5 cups oatmeal
Meal 3: 2 cups milk + 1 mass gainer serving
Meal 4: Same as Meal 2.
Meal 5: 6 eggs or 6-8 oz meat/fish + some fruit + 1 oz of almonds.

Technically not the greatest diet as you're combining fats/proteins/carbs in most meals, but I don't really care as I'm not getting fat and am able to maintain my weight. Overall the diet will get you > 250 g protein/day and around 3500 calories.

For supplements use the following:

- Good quality mens' multivitamin (GNC has good ones)
- whey isolate
- Mass gainer
- Fish oil caps
- anti-oxidant formula (high vitamin C or E comb is ok if you're short in $)

Hope this helps. Good luck.

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, are you serious? A gallon of milk a day? That is ****in gross. Its also like what $4 or $5 a day for those mostly sugar calories. And also your body cant even use most of that **** because its lactose.

Dont get me started on how much I hate milk as a food source for adults.

Also, I doubt you will be able to keep it up, because milk is nasty as ****.

Why dont you try a weight gainer, like cytogainer, or even something cheaper that could be had on bodybuilding.com. Shipped to your door. You dont even have to go to the store and buy milk every day.

Milk sucks.

Ill tell you personal experience, as if there are no reviews on bodybuilding.com. Cytogainer rocks hard ****. I lost fat, and gained muscle. Like BAM style muscle. Like *****es like grabbing on my arms muscle. About 2kg a week it was. I went from 79kg to 91kg in a matter of about 3 months.

Also, it comes out to about $2 a serving, which is pretty boss.

Prolific

Reaction score
The reactions I'm getting make it pretty clear that GOMAD is probably not the best diet available for fulfilling my desires of getting big and ripped hahaha.

Yessir fugly, I really regret not doing squatting and dead lifting when I started working out. just started them out a week ago and they were rough.
And damn dude, you are exactly at the point I want to be at by the time this summer ends. Those pictures are pretty inspiring to me. The sooner my body looks as good as yours, the better. I'll definitely look further into the diet plan you've just mentioned. It would probably be a lot easier and healthier for my body to adapt to anyhow ha.

PowPow I hear you there. I've hated milk all of my life, and I used to drink probably a gallon a month, tops. At the same time my desire to bulk up has made me put aside my distaste for it.
What exactly is in cytogainer, and how much does it cost? Its obviously one of the "mass gainer" substances that Fugly just mentioned, and considering the results you had with it I'd be foolish not to try it out.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cytogainer is a weight gainer. It's a mix of maltodextrin (a simple starch) and some kind of protein probably whey isolate. It also contains some other ingredients like glutamine and etc. (read the box) It's not a substitute for real food because of the simple proteins and carbohydrates but it's a good addition for extra calories and protein. It also makes a great post workout drink.

Personally, I like muscle milk flavor wise. Seeing as how you're drinking gallons of milk you're probably not too picky.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prolific said:
The reactions I'm getting make it pretty clear that GOMAD is probably not the best diet available for fulfilling my desires of getting big and ripped hahaha.

Yessir fugly, I really regret not doing squatting and dead lifting when I started working out. just started them out a week ago and they were rough.
And damn dude, you are exactly at the point I want to be at by the time this summer ends. Those pictures are pretty inspiring to me. The sooner my body looks as good as yours, the better. I'll definitely look further into the diet plan you've just mentioned. It would probably be a lot easier and healthier for my body to adapt to anyhow ha.

PowPow I hear you there. I've hated milk all of my life, and I used to drink probably a gallon a month, tops. At the same time my desire to bulk up has made me put aside my distaste for it.
What exactly is in cytogainer, and how much does it cost? Its obviously one of the "mass gainer" substances that Fugly just mentioned, and considering the results you had with it I'd be foolish not to try it out.
Never EVER forget that diet is BY FAR the MOST IMPORTANT thing in fitness... I simply cannot stress this enough. I've wasted the better part of a decade not making significant gains because my diet was crap. Don't make the same mistakes as me.

Allegory gave you some good info about the mass gainer... Personally I use one by Ultimate nutrition called IsoMass extreme gainer. Gainers are great earlier on during the day and post WO when you have relatively high insulin sensitivity. I'll sometimes have one before going to sleep just because I haven't eaten enough that day, but generally speaking I try and avoid having them too late in the day.

gregsashinsky

Reaction score
Here it is, I've redone my diet, starting anew for school, gonna get LEAN! It's 2500 calories, I'm trying to cut down to 10 - 12% bf from 16%. Opinions please and thanks!

Meal 1:
Protein: 30 g Whey Protein: 1 Scoop
Carbs: 25 g One Banana / Apple

Meal 2:
Protein: 38 g Eggs: 3 Whole + 3 Whites / Tuna: 150 g / Turkey: 10 oz / Chicken: 2 Breasts / Cheese Curds: 225 g
Carbs: 50 g Oatmeal: ½ Cup, Raisins: 30 g / Brown Rice: 200 g / Whole Wheat Bread: 110 g / Apple: 350 g / Banana: 200 g
Fats: 27.5 g Eggs: 3 Whole + 3 Whites / Peanuts: 45 g

Meal 3:
Protein: 38 g Tuna: 150 g / Turkey: 10 oz / Chicken: 2 Breasts / Cheese Curds: 225 g / Whey Protein: 1 Shake
Carbs: 50 g Oatmeal: ½ Cup, Raisins: 30 g / Brown Rice: 200 g / Whole Wheat Bread: 110 g / Apple: 350 g / Banana: 200 g
Fats: 0 g

Meal 4:
Protein: 38 g Tuna: 150 g / Turkey: 10 oz / Chicken: 2 Breasts / Cheese Curds: 225 g / Whey Protein: 1 Shake
Carbs: 50 g Oatmeal: ½ Cup, Raisins: 30 g / Brown Rice: 200 g / Whole Wheat Bread: 110 g / Banana: 200 g

Meal 5:
Carbs: 50 g Oatmeal: 1 Cup / Brown Rice: 200 g / Whole Wheat Bread: 110 g

Meal 6:
Carbs: 25 g Oatmeal: ½ Cup / Brown Rice: 100 g / Whole Wheat Bread: 55 g
Fats: 27.5 g Peanuts: 45 g

Meal 7:
Protein: 30 g Whey Protein: 1 Scoop / Curds: 200 g

escobar04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
gregsashinsky said:
Here it is, I've redone my diet, starting anew for school, gonna get LEAN! It's 2500 calories, I'm trying to cut down to 10 - 12% bf from 16%. Opinions please and thanks!

Meal 1:
Protein: 30 g Whey Protein: 1 Scoop
Carbs: 25 g One Banana / Apple

Meal 2:
Protein: 38 g Eggs: 3 Whole + 3 Whites / Tuna: 150 g / Turkey: 10 oz / Chicken: 2 Breasts / Cheese Curds: 225 g
Fats: 27.5 g Eggs: 3 Whole + 3 Whites / Peanuts: 45 g

Meal 3:

Meal 4:
Carbs: 50 g Oatmeal: ½ Cup, Raisins: 30 g / Brown Rice: 200 g / Whole Wheat Bread: 110 g / Banana: 200 g

Meal 5:
Carbs: 50 g Oatmeal: 1 Cup / Brown Rice: 200 g / Whole Wheat Bread: 110 g

Meal 6:
Carbs: 25 g Oatmeal: ½ Cup / Brown Rice: 100 g / Whole Wheat Bread: 55 g
Fats: 27.5 g Peanuts: 45 g

Meal 7:
Protein: 30 g Whey Protein: 1 Scoop / Curds: 200 g
all you really need to focus is your protein intake and your overall calorie consumption

if you cut on 2500 calories then focus on that

eating like a pro bodybuilder isnt really necessary!