Opinion: Kino early on is not necessary if you otherwise escalate

Trunks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in the day, I was super mis-calibrated and kino was not a natural thing for me. Well, as I learned some from experience and others' advice, I became comfortable flirting and showing my interest without coming on too strong. Maybe that's why I strayed from the advice to do kino when you are getting to know the girl.

Here's what I do: I usually just go on the first date, and if after flirting and banter I decide I am liking the girl (and I sense she is enjoying the date too), I will stop her when we walk from one venue to another and kiss her. This works for me most of the time and I don't kino before that. After the first kiss, touching and escalating physically just feel natural in general and I can pace it based on my reading of the girl.

I am sure that kino early on works for the many guys who advocate it, but I wanted to say that IMO it's not necessary as long as there is mutual interest and you keep having fun during the date.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's going to happen when you get naked? You're going to be physically touching each other.

If there isn't much short term chemistry, don't touch her just for the sake of it and make yourself look like a creep.

Otherwise, unless you want to get friend-zoned or flaked on, I'd say it's pretty much a necessity to escalate physically and in the short term.

Trunks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I wasn't clear in my wording. Yes, I do touch her after the first kiss, but not before. This isn't a rule but more of a projection of how into it I usually feel about someone I barely know.

Last edited:

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If touching does not come naturally to you, you come off as a creepy. If you can communicate your sexual interest with eye contact that is the best way to go when you first meet a woman. If you can wait until she touches you first, you get much better results.

Trunks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If touching does not come naturally to you, you come off as a creepy. If you can communicate your sexual interest with eye contact that is the best way to go when you first meet a woman. If you can wait until she touches you first, you get much better results.
Exactly. That is how I show sexual interest from the start: mainly through eye contact. Body language and tone are close seconds. Combined with being direct, I find this makes up for not touching girls much at the beginning in my case. YMMV