OPERATION: Overlord

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE: We broke up in a horribly nice way. She wants to keep me as a friend because I'm the only guy that listens and can actually help her out. Now, all I need is to get ther friend..... and then the most impossible mission in DJ history come true...

I'll keep you guys updated.

Hey guys.

In my near 2 years here, I've been aiming at being the best.

I've had girls cheat on their boyfriends for me. I've won back ex-girlfriends. I've done lots of things. Now comes the biggest challenge I have yet to do...

In the tradition of naming things, I've decided to call this OPERATION: Overlord. (Yes, I know the historical relation to WWII Overlord Operation to retake France.... the correlation is that they are both groundbreaking and near impossible.)

Overlord:
I have a girlfriend of two months. I met her 3 months ago(lets call her Vanessa). She has a best friend whom I've known for about 2 years and liked that whole time. I still like her (lets call her Jenny). I want to dump Vanessa and get with Jenny cleanly.

The problem, aside from the being best friends, is that Vanessa's last boyfriend (call him Mark) broke up with her for Jenny, and that didn't last even a month. Now Vanessa is mad at Jenny that she would even THINK about dating Mark.

I am about to do the same thing that Mark did. Vanessa and Mark, despite being exes, are getting along pretty good, and I was hoping that Mark would take Vanessa away from me, so I could have jenny without ruining the friendship between Jenny and Vanessa.

Here are some questions:
1) How can I make this work?
2) Should I tell Mark of my plan? SHould I get him on my side to support me?
3) What argument points would you use to forward my cause while talking to Jenny that she should accept me as a boyfriend?
4) How can I break up with Vanessa without causing problems for me and Jenny?
5)Should I dump Vanessa first or try to have the over guy "whisk" her away, under my supervision?

Thanks all. If it helps, I see Jenny tomorrow (it's her birthday) and her party is on saturday.

Any and all help would be vastly and greatly appreciated.

Sebastian

Last edited:

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, this will take some work on your part, but it can be done.

1) In order for this to work, you have to
  • create new interest in Vanessa
  • create new interest in Mark
  • allow Mark to make his way between you and Vanessa
  • End your relationship with Vanessa mutually (not making either of you look bad)
  • Work your magic with Jenny
2) Personally I wouldn't tell Mark of my plan, because then if he isn't down he will know of your motives and could possibly use that against you.

3) Early on, create high interest in yourself directed toward Vanessa as well as Jenny, but eventually curve your attention to just Jenny (without making it obvious to Vanessa). In other words, you want Vanessa to totally dig you to the point where she brags about you to her best friend (cough*social proof*cough). Then allow her to ALMOST become bored with you while you become more flirtacious and interactive with Jenny. The reason why I say "almost", is because you do not want Vanessa to whine to Jenny about how boring you are, you just want to become ordinary enough to her that she wouldn't mind too much if her relationship ended. By now, Jenny should have heard plenty about how awesome you are and shouldn't have any problem accepting you as a boyfriend. Besides, you're a freakin dj, YOU should be the one doing the accepting :p

4) By now, ending the relationship shouldn't be too much trouble. Tell her that things just aren't the same between the two of you and that you just want to be friends :p She should understand.

5) If she's been gaining interest in the other guy while losing interest in you by the time you break up, then the other guy should be able to just hop right in!

EASY WAY

I think this could all be done without Mark having anything to do with it. If I were in your position, I would LJBF Vanessa like I explained above and turn her into my emotional tampon, explaining to her that I'm interested in her best friend. She would then aid me into getting Jenny. WHOO!

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She definitely wouldn't help me, but it DOES sound good, she always does brag about me. I'm sure Jenny gets enough of it. Jenny wonders why I don't call her anymore. Jenny is concerned for her friend....

Any ideas on that, dbot? What should I do with Vanessa? She would want to work it out, because I always work things out between us. I don't want her to have me "talk about it". If that happened, what would I do?

Steel Dragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would let Mark know whats going on, because like one guy said he could use it against you later.

I would work sorta as a "team" with mark (thats if he goes along with it)

Give him a line like, "look man, i know you are probably gettin something sparked with Vanessa and you don't have to worry about me. Thing is I want Jenny...."

Get more of an interest with Jenny and try not to make it too obvious of what you're doing, because if she's smart she may already have an inclination. Do it in an unattended fashion.

Yeah, like ac/dc said he could always work it out with Vanessa. For a short time "I" would help Vanessa out then kinda just leave her alone and not communicate with her much. Thats when I'd tell mark to do his thing.

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I would start calling Jenny up every now and then, get together with her casually and whatnot. Keep it pretty casual as long as you're still with Vanessa.

As for Vanessa, I don't see why she would have a problem with you dating Jenny, as long as you aren't an as$hole when you dump her. Like I said before, try to speak her language (ie tell her that the two of you have grown apart, and your relationship has kinda lost its spark). If you've done your best to play it well up to this point, then she should somewhat agree with you here.

If she corners you and wants to "talk about it," then just tell her the truth. Tell her that you are starting to take interest in her friend, but you are concerned about their friendship as well as yours.

Also, if you know that Mark wants Vanessa, then it might help to let him in on things, but if you're not sure, then I would leave him out. I'm just try to eliminate all the variables which are potential obstacles.

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
also, if Jenny knows that you're kinda interested in her then it might clear up confusion as to why you haven't been talking to Vanessa lately. If you do have a talk with Vanessa then I'm sure word would get around to Jenny

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok dont tell "mark" cause you probably cannot trust him

you are a relationship kind of guy and thats fine but why settle?

say this back fires in your face always have a girl ready to take over

i say your in for a tough battle

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
anybody else view this as extremely feminine?

too much drama, too much planning, over too little.

simply dude, a random chick is not worth the trouble.

everybody is forgetting there we are supposed to be the Prize.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the first thing to is make SURE that mark likes vanessa, you gotta be 100% sure.
If he is, tell him, go for it.

RawkinKaoticStyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds complicated.. or is it?

LordBrian

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seinfeld tried to do this in one episode... He and george decided that the best mode of attack was to suggest a "genesequa" (i beleive the word is orgy...) Unfortunatly, the two girls were into it and Jerry decided not to go through with it. (he didn't want to have to change his whole lifestyle)

I think dbot has a good plan

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
My god what a fukkin drama queen. You have a flaming case of oneitis. Of course you'll deny it, like everyone who has oneitis. This sounds like a script from "Days of our Lives". Why don't you just go find some other girl?

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE: I've decided to keep Mark out of this, because Vanessa and I broke up on good terms, but Vanessa told Jenny she wants me back, and Jenny wants to see that happen. I went to Jenny's house today and got very little I.O.I.

SUPERMAN X: Oneitis?

No. Don't tell ME I have oneitis. I simply have found a girl that makes me swoon, finally. Doesn't mean I have oneitis with her, I just happen to like her very much. This is the ideal girl, fit for a DJ like me.

Am I going through all this hassle for "just a girl"? Hell no. I'm doing this simply because it excites me, and I love to see the true potential of a Don Juan in action before my very eyes. I live for these insane ideas to become reality, and eventually a success.

Don't call me a drama queen. You should know me well enough by now.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
u arent a drama queen but this does sound like a plot from a day time soap opera

the truth is that sometimes feeling get hurt and there is no way to avoid that

now that you have broken up with her you may want to distance yourself from her

if at all possible try to spend a LITTLE time with the one you like

if u spent too much time with her i could see the situation going in different ways depending on how much she likes you and how willing she is to stand up to her friend

the truth is that when we finally find a woman we really want all this BS comes in

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jester
anybody else view this as extremely feminine?

too much drama, too much planning, over too little.

simply dude, a random chick is not worth the trouble.

everybody is forgetting there we are supposed to be the Prize.
Originally posted by misunderstood??
Is it really worth all the hassle?
Amen dude. Amen.

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is not an episode of Dawson's Creek. No one is making history here. We're just dealing with HS relationships, don't get carried away.