Online dating / texting good opening lines

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I am realizing my opening lines are not the greatest. Usually, I ask a question about something in their profile or pics, but most of the time there's really little to ask aside from how's their day and such. What are some other good openers for texting and online dating that I can incorporate when their profile is bland/vague and their pics of just of them with no background to ask questions?

claudolfgeorgini

Don Juan
Reaction score
With online dating half the battle is being somewhat physically attractive. The other half is the women actually seeing your profile.

Most of the decent women don't even bother reading most of their inbox.
One of my oldest lines is
me: "omg..."
girl: "what?"
me: "you're so pretty"
girl: "thank you" (she may ask me a question here. just answer it and keep going)
me: "where are you from?" (or any interview question)
girl: "I'm from ____. You?"
me: "cool. I'm from ___. Would you like to go get some drinks and something to eat? Drop your number"
girl: "sure. 555-5555"

If you want to you can skip the "omg you're pretty" part.

If she's into at all this'll work fine.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you looking to smash or LTR? You are 36, I assume most of your dates are looking for LTR material.
OLD openers are very different depending, I have a 30-50% response rate on a site where chix are looking for LTR
"i read your profile and photos... attracted"

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t think overtly saying ‘you’re attractive’ Is even necessary. Save that for the date, but show you think they’re attractive through touching and actions. I believe it’s a given you’re attracted, as you’re already messaging.

I usually say something original, whether that be with a sense of humour or picking out something no one else probably would in their photos.
Sometimes I’ll even just say soemthing I’m thinking about or just did, then ask their opinion on it.

I think the main goal is to get away from the cookie cutter questions of ‘how are you’ or ‘hows your week?’ Those are predictable and boring. Still, 70% of guys do it. Then It’s almost as if you have to drop in to the conversation, where most conversations start to pick up.

I strike up a quick excitable convo and within MAX 5 messages I’ve already put out a date idea and asked for their number.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imo openers are not that important, its all about how you look..basically your profile picture makes the difference, all she needs is a 3 seconds look at it to decide if she is gonna read your message or not.

machoMax

Don Juan
Reaction score
Read nice guide about "catching women" a lot of nice openers there.

For me is best to examine profile and see is there any detail that I can play on. For example: if I see that her said that she loves books, my first sentence (opener) is: did you read XYZ book, it really impressed me. And so on for everything else, I hope that you understand a point.

Spidah

Banned
Reaction score
With online dating half the battle is being somewhat physically attractive. The other half is the women actually seeing your profile.

Most of the decent women don't even bother reading most of their inbox.
One of my oldest lines is
me: "omg..."
girl: "what?"
me: "you're so pretty"
girl: "thank you" (she may ask me a question here. just answer it and keep going)
me: "where are you from?" (or any interview question)
girl: "I'm from ____. You?"
me: "cool. I'm from ___. Would you like to go get some drinks and something to eat? Drop your number"
girl: "sure. 555-5555"

If she's into at all this'll work fine.
Look, don't validate these bitches online so fast. Open with "Damn girl!". When the bytch goes "wat?" You wait a day to message back. Then you say "You're going hard huh?"

Keep these bitches confused and on their toes. Makes you stand out. They're getting validation and compliments from every weak ass beta male this side of the moon already.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
are you looking to smash or LTR? You are 36, I assume most of your dates are looking for LTR material.
OLD openers are very different depending, I have a 30-50% response rate on a site where chix are looking for LTR

"i read your profile and photos... attracted"
Open to either. Nothing super serious.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imo openers are not that important, its all about how you look..basically your profile picture makes the difference, all she needs is a 3 seconds look at it to decide if she is gonna read your message or not.
This.
I opened a few times with “hi, can I get your number? And with 40yr old women. Nothing else and majority of them met up for a drink. Looks are the most important thing.

machoMax

Don Juan
Reaction score
This.
I opened a few times with “hi, can I get your number? And with 40yr old women. Nothing else and majority of them met up for a drink. Looks are the most important thing.
Well, this is not really best opener...

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Say whatever you want. If she's attracted to your photos you can practically get away with murder. I've been opening with "Should I lick it, before I stick it?" the past couple of days. I've gotten 5 different kinds of responses from women with that line.

1. No response. Chances are they wouldn't have responded to anything I said. IDC, it's still amusing to me.
2. A few that were like "OMG, blah blah" to which I said... "What?!?! Stationary is getting expensive these days!". From there it was...
3. Radio silence or...
4. "Omg, that's so fvcking funny".
5. One said "Of course" and another said "absolutely".

What I'm left with are what seem to be fun girls that speak my language of sarcasm and maybe a few that are DTF with minimal effort, while also managing to cull the low interest and stick in a$$ females all while getting my rocks off in the process. Win, win!

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With interested women? It doesnt matter.

With uninterested women? It doesnt matter.

logicallefty

Reaction score
My latest one. If the profile says she has cats:

LL: Hi chickname. Please message me if you have less than 10 cats. 9 is my limit. Lefty

Success rate of getting a message back is probably 70 to 80%. No woman wants to be accused of being a cat lady So they are quick to come back and tell me that they don’t have 10 cats!

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am realizing my opening lines are not the greatest. Usually, I ask a question about something in their profile or pics, but most of the time there's really little to ask aside from how's their day and such. What are some other good openers for texting and online dating that I can incorporate when their profile is bland/vague and their pics of just of them with no background to ask questions?
Lines are redundant. It's the same as ice breakers and openers. It's not magic. It is just to get the ball rolling. It takes or it doesn't.

I prefer to use lyrics. The number three seems symbolic. Three dates/casual hangs, three messages, calls, etc. In the Asian culture and martial arts, three is symbolic for infinity. After which, if nothing takes the bait, #nextset!

I've unmatched or even lost numbers for the following. Does not put out after third date, does not initiate, is like pushing a bolder up hill. What women fail to realize is that, her being anti fragile has to do with daddy government, victim culture, and more importantly, top form smv. Afterward, zero ****s given.

Questions : is she on top form? On early side of 20? Is she pedaling victim about patriarchy? Feminism? Girl power? Is she a sjw? Or is she a free thinker? Is she seeking self knowledge? Does she explore consciousness or is she another carbon copy? Is she cratering her smv? Is she skiing down cawk mountain during her best years and seeking captain save a hoe when the milks gone bad?

Op, I lead. She follows or next set. Focus is wrong. Forget opener. Spam msg/approach. Pull or next.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
What are some other good openers for texting and online dating that I can incorporate when their profile is bland/vague and their pics of just of them with no background to ask questions?
Ask them why their profile so bland/vague and why their pics is just of them with no background.

Come on bro. At 36 years old, you are wondering what to ask women 30+ online? You have to these women wrapped around your little finger. There is no ‘opener’ that is going to make women fall in love with you.

SteveSDCA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Say whatever you want. If she's attracted to your photos you can practically get away with murder. I've been opening with "Should I lick it, before I stick it?" the past couple of days. I've gotten 5 different kinds of responses from women with that line.

1. No response. Chances are they wouldn't have responded to anything I said. IDC, it's still amusing to me.
2. A few that were like "OMG, blah blah" to which I said... "What?!?! Stationary is getting expensive these days!". From there it was...
3. Radio silence or...
4. "Omg, that's so fvcking funny".
5. One said "Of course" and another said "absolutely".

What I'm left with are what seem to be fun girls that speak my language of sarcasm and maybe a few that are DTF with minimal effort, while also managing to cull the low interest and stick in a$$ females all while getting my rocks off in the process. Win, win!
What's the success rate with women over 40 with that line?

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the success rate with women over 40 with that line?
IDK. Most of the women I go for are in the 25'ish-35'ish age range. I do find some 40+ women attractive, though and that's not really my go to line. I prefer to go with something by their profile or pics thought up on the fly and save the outlandish chit for the chicks too lazy to put anything in their description. I'm not big on canned material, but one that is pure gold if she is on the fence, comfort building and shutting off her screening is "Yea, I typically like to screen potential dates, myself. I figure if I am going to risk life in prison hacking her up, she better be special" or "Yea, I wasn't really cut out for the whole ax murderer bit. Dismembering and burying all those bodies grew tiresome". Crazy comes up quite often, when meeting online or through FB so quickly, so it's easy to lead it there. Sarcasm works extremely well and if it doesnt, she's just disqualified herself for being lame.