Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

On rejection

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
--Michael Jordan

It is common knowledge that pick-up's are a numbers game. The first girl says no, the second says yes. What is important in the game is bouncing back. A rejection can really hurt. The ego, depending on how fragile it is can become damaged.

The good news is that you can bounce back it may take minutes, hours...even days or months.

Even the best Pick up artist is not always on top of his game. Using his best field proven lines and tactics sometimes does not work for the master pick up artist. The difference between a regular pick up artist and the master is that the master always bounces back.

When a basketball player goes to take a shot he feels that it will go in (or at least he tries to get it in). Sometimes they miss. The great players shut out the misses and concentrate on scoring. How can you score when you doubt yourself and your abilities?

Injury is common in the game. You are going to get hurt. All pick up artists know this. Risk, pain and injury are part of the game. Can you imagine how many times Michael Jordan was knocked to the hardwood floor, or elbowed in the face? How many times has he in addition to missing the lay-up come down hard in the paint? He and other great players just get up and limp down to the other end of the court, waiting to get a chance to try again. The greats know that when they go on court that they might get hurt but they still play hard. The greats play to win.

I went to a club recently and the first 2 girls who I asked to dance said "No".
The third girl who I asked said, "Yes" and we danced together all night. What if I had stopped after the first 2 "no's" and gone home? I would have missed out on the "Yes".

Courage is being scared to death--and saddling up anyway.
--John Wayne

Courage is an essential part of a DJ's arsenal. Without courage there is no approach. It's like seeing the hoop and being afraid to take the shot. In the pick up you either get a yes or a no. You have to have the courage to take the shot. If it is a no you have to have the courage to continue with the game.

Always go for the goal. If you miss, don't worry they'll always be another shot.

------------------
http://www.deardiary.net/cgi-bin/viewer.cgi?diary=3874

Neophyte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice energy Boost Paradox!

RejAction will get you action

Thnx,
Neo

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well said Paradox!!

Thanks for the tip!

Keep up the good DJing,

Legend

------------------
"I have always believed that when a man gets it into his head to do something, and when he exclusively occupies himself in that design, he must succeed, whatever the difficulties. That man will become Grand Vizier or Pope"..... Casanova

"You are what you are, You are where you are, by what goes into your mind, you can change what you are, you can change where you are by changing what goes into your mind" ....Zig Ziglar

RockandRoll!

Don Juan
Reaction score
right on paradox...a master bounces back!a loser gives up!thats why i still got my perfect record
but still far beyond a master...but soon!

improvingdonjuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks you just gave me a boost. keep up the great job.

------------------
Confidence is the key to women

lc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey

true, true, true about not giving up.

Example:
One weekend I met 3 or 5 girls one friday, another 8 on Saturday, 3 on sunday all @ this one club. SAturday I got digits from the first girl I talked to & then she went home. The 8th girl that night was one I asked to go home with me and she rejected me. I still went out the following day to meet girls.

Oh-and that first girl I got digits from? I've been on 3 dates w/ her so far. Going out again w/ her tomorrow.

What if I had given up after speaking to that first girl on Friday?

That's 14-16 girls I talked to that weekend. YOu gotta believe, buddy, you gotta believe.

Some nights I've knocked myself out & didn't get digits/nookie, other nights I have. Be prepared to act. Act because you are worth it and if you thought you were a chump is the only 'acceptable' excuse for not trying. ON second thought, scratch that. THERE ARE NO ACCEPTABLE EXCUSES FOR NOT BELIEVING IN YOURSELF. YOu made a mistake once in your life? You're not perfect?

So hell the what! Chicks aren't either. If chicks wanted perfect, they'd stick to romance novels & dildoes instead of guys. We err, we screw up, f*ck up. But we DAMNIT ARE WORTH IT.

AND SO ARE YOU.

Be on the move. I'm practicing spreading my mack down whenever possible.

Tonight even, I made eye contact & started chatting up this italian-looking chick @ the train station.

So yeah-a fruitful life of experience is made up of attempts to attain pleasure. Not all your attempts will succeed, but you damn sure stand a better chance than that mopey mofo in the corner making excuses for himself....

peace out, you dons, & never give up on you!!!!

lc

[This message has been edited by lc (edited 08-30-2001).]

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paradox:
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
--Michael Jordan

It is common knowledge that pick-up's are a numbers game. The first girl says no, the second says yes. What is important in the game is bouncing back. A rejection can really hurt. The ego, depending on how fragile it is can become damaged.

The good news is that you can bounce back it may take minutes, hours...even days or months.

Even the best Pick up artist is not always on top of his game. Using his best field proven lines and tactics sometimes does not work for the master pick up artist. The difference between a regular pick up artist and the master is that the master always bounces back.

When a basketball player goes to take a shot he feels that it will go in (or at least he tries to get it in). Sometimes they miss. The great players shut out the misses and concentrate on scoring. How can you score when you doubt yourself and your abilities?

Injury is common in the game. You are going to get hurt. All pick up artists know this. Risk, pain and injury are part of the game. Can you imagine how many times Michael Jordan was knocked to the hardwood floor, or elbowed in the face? How many times has he in addition to missing the lay-up come down hard in the paint? He and other great players just get up and limp down to the other end of the court, waiting to get a chance to try again. The greats know that when they go on court that they might get hurt but they still play hard. The greats play to win.

I went to a club recently and the first 2 girls who I asked to dance said "No".
The third girl who I asked said, "Yes" and we danced together all night. What if I had stopped after the first 2 "no's" and gone home? I would have missed out on the "Yes".

Courage is being scared to death--and saddling up anyway.
--John Wayne

Courage is an essential part of a DJ's arsenal. Without courage there is no approach. It's like seeing the hoop and being afraid to take the shot. In the pick up you either get a yes or a no. You have to have the courage to take the shot. If it is a no you have to have the courage to continue with the game.

Always go for the goal. If you miss, don't worry they'll always be another shot.

Thanks a lot. I was feeling down about my game b/c of a party the other night. But you just booted me again. I'm up and wanting to go out again. I think i'll go out tonight.
Thanks again paradox, you give good advice.

------------------
Syncmaster signing out.
a.k.a ... Adam

Neophyte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-bump-

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A novice DJ myself, I cannot thank you enough for the inspirational post. I used to work in sales (didn't everybody) and I guess the same theory applies. Everyone hits the s** pits once in a while, and the bounce back is pivotal. Its what pays the rent. To put it another way... The rebound has to be a solid part of your game. Thanx again.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paradox, I've been on this site for quite some time but I've never happened to read this post for reasons which now completely escape me. Today, this is something I needed desperately to hear, and I'm glad that it was there. Thank you.

------------------
CASANOVA

"A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done."
Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890 - 1969)

"The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want."
Ben Stein

"It is one of the beautiful compensations of life that no man can sincerely try to be kind to another, without helping himself."
Bailey

CoreD11

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great advice... see when it comes ot some guys they can just get by on their looks and get chicks fairly easy but there not used to rejection so when they get rejected their crushed...That used to be me at clubs i dance with dozens of chicks with a perfect record then one night i got 4 no's in a row and it was different from the usual but then later on the night i realized why am i lettin this get me down? its not worth it im just ruining my time i got back out their and showed what a true don juan i am i set the record that night against my friends.

Also if i hadnt gone back out their i would ahve missed dancing with my ex girlfriend(were good friends still) and would have missed out on a whole night and nights to come of fun

------------------
{CoreD11}

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Super mega bump.

I needed to read something like this today.. I got my **** stomped at a bar tonight by a girl. I managed to sit down at a table with her friends and was going alright, just getting to know them and seein if they were worth the time(one girl was pretty cute and funny as well), and to cut it short, one of the girls said "Look dirtbag, get the fvck away from my friends" she was the attention ***** of the crew and made that pretty clear. I was just shootin the **** with those girls too, didn't have any routines or material or any pua ****.

I made a comment about "that time of the month" and headed back to my friends.. I don't have time for that territorial ****.