Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

On Metrosexuality

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay this was meant for a reply to 'metrosexuality' but i wanted to start my own thread because that ones been flooded. Your oppinions appreciated.

------

Okay, i havent read all the replies but im getting the general gist of the 2 arguments, ill add my 2 cents.

I am against metrosexuality. However i'm not going to call you all homo's for 'looking after yourself'. Here's my argument.

I'm looking for one word, i want you all to think about.

Why?

"To get chicks"... nope.. thats not it. Tell yourself it all you want but look deep within yourself and see the reality of it. WHY are you doing it? - Recognition

Metro's are the most insecure people i have ever met (Don't bring up the topic of celebrities, when fame is brought in to the equation it changes everything). They pluck thier eyebrows, wax their bodies, wear makeup because they want people to tell them how good they look. They might do it for chicks but WHY do metro's want chicks - for people to think they are a 'lady killer'. They dont want the SEX, they want the SECURITY THEY GET FROM SEX.

This is the fundamental difference between a "real man" and an insecure *****. When you shift your focus from having sex to be cool, towards having sex to have sex and because you love the game you realise you dont need to wax your legs to get women.

Real men do the things that STOP them from getting sex, for example noone is going to **** you if you smell like poo, and noone will kiss you if you taste like poo. These are facts. Men see this and act accordingly, they shower and brush their teeth. If you had an EXTREMELY crazy monobrow - then a 'real man' would pluck his eyebrows because he knows its killing his game.

Comeon guys, we should be relying on STRENGTH OF CHARACTER to get girls, not how smooth our skin is. Of course, in an ideal situation you would want to look like a metro but have the strength of character of a man, but this can never happen.

Metro's became metro because they are to insecure to rely on their personallity. If you WHERE secure enough to rely on your character then you wouldnt spend 3 hours a day making yourself look pretty for women JUST FOR SEX. Comeone guys, thats what girls do.

"Things that matter most should never be at the mercy of things that matter least" - Goethe

WOMEN perfect their appearence to catch our eyes, we perfect our character to catch theirs.

cmaff05

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice generalizations, einstein(s). Everybody is different. You're entitled to your opinion, but just because you're a closet homo doesn't mean you have to hate metrosexuals.

cmaff05

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah.

I just think that it is wrong to generalise people. It doesn't do much in the long run but piss people off more. Just a book by it's contents, not its cover. Who cares if he wears pink? Or if he loves designer facial products? Or he waxes weekly? Those are his preferences, we have ours, you know?

Ouzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only guys that wear pink here in New Zealand is the big Maori guys. So if you want to go hassle his pink shirt, he will quite happily show you the gutter.

I don't care what people say. Some people say I dress metro. Why? Because I have a sense of style? Because I wear Polo? A&F? Lacoste?

However the way your talking about metro is way more gay-like and here in NZ it isn't interpreted that way so I don't think I fit into much of what you say there.

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wearing a pink shirt (or whatever) is as artificial as using a memorized technique to get in a girl's pants.

Also,

One could argue that intentionally doing ANYTHING with the purpose of gaining attention or to get girls demonstrates insecurity.

The question remains:
Why be concerned (at all) with metrosexuals?

And the most likely answer remains:
They make us feel uncomfortable.

(I'll skip discussing the study showing homophobic men getting sexually aroused by pictures of attractive men. ;) This isn't about that per se. And no, I don't think you're gay.)

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cmaff05
Nice generalizations, einstein(s). Everybody is different. You're entitled to your opinion, but just because you're a closet homo doesn't mean you have to hate metrosexuals.
Interesting comment, so now i'm a closet homo because i DONT wax my legs. I all ready said that i dont think metro's are homo's - just insecure about their appearance. Similair to women.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cmaff05
Nah.

I just think that it is wrong to generalise people. It doesn't do much in the long run but piss people off more. Just a book by it's contents, not its cover. Who cares if he wears pink? Or if he loves designer facial products? Or he waxes weekly? Those are his preferences, we have ours, you know?
I'm not trying to offend anyone. All i have is real life experience. I have metro friends, and they are some of the most insecure people i have met.

I DO understand that i might piss some people off. I understand that, but anger is the perfect fuel for change. People might not accept what i say and try and flame me which is fair enough, im just trying to make people see the reality of their situation, wether they take me comments as a personal insult is their choice. If anything, im trying to help people.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: On Metrosexuality

Originally posted by Interpol
Why do you say it can never happen? Why is it wrong for some guys to strive for that ideal?
Keep reading. It all comes back to insecurity with ones self. A man doesnt really care that much about his appearance, he is not chosen by women soley on that basis. It is a natural act for women to perfect their appearance, for us it is not.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: On Metrosexuality

Originally posted by whistler
Wearing a pink shirt (or whatever) is as artificial as using a memorized technique to get in a girl's pants.

Also,

One could argue that intentionally doing ANYTHING with the purpose of gaining attention or to get girls demonstrates insecurity.

The question remains:
Why be concerned (at all) with metrosexuals?

And the most likely answer remains:
They make us feel uncomfortable.
I agree. thats why i DONT used memorized techniques. Sex is perfectly natural and doing things that are PREVENTING you from getting sex is expected. However, being so worried about one's appearence isn't right and it kills me seeing guys put so much emphasis on it. A charismatic character will draw a girl to you so much easier and you cant achieve this until you stop getting so caught up about your looks.

I'm not concerened about metrosexuals, as i said i have friends who ARE metro's.

I'm trying to help people who ARE metros (seems to be alot around here) realise that they might have security issues and thats what they should be focused on, not their choice of tanning salon.

The whole "You dont like metro's - YOUR GAY" argument i just as sad as the "Your a metro - YOUR GAY" argument.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: On Metrosexuality

Originally posted by Sammo
Keep reading. It all comes back to insecurity with ones self. A man doesnt really care that much about his appearance, he is not chosen by women soley on that basis. It is a natural act for women to perfect their appearance, for us it is not.
But if I'm trying to be the absolute best at attracting women that I can possibly be, shouldn't that include perfecting my appearence as well?

Women may not choose base solely on looks, but they do take it into account. Most women decide whether they will ever fvck you or not within seconds of meeting you. So lets take a look at two scenarios here:

Scenario A
- I don't pay much attention to my appearence
- On first impression, 5 out of 10 women are attracted to me

Scenario B
-I make sure I look as good as I possibly can
-On first impression, 8 out of 10 women are attracted to me

After first impression, whether or not I ultimately succeed with these women is based primarily on personality. But won't I still be better off with Scenario B, making myself attractive to as many women as possible?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are partially right.

Metrosexuality to me is something society sold guys as "a thing that makes women want you". Why would any guy cut his toe nails? to keep himself clean? Puh-lease! To not gross out that girl he gets in his bed? Yep. Guys think that nailing down every little thing and fixing everything up will make their chances better.

The truth is, you only need to do so much till it DOESNT MATTER anymore. If you are a cool guy (which i know most of you are), as long as you keep the basic upkeep, everything will be fine. There is no need to wax your legs... it will not benefit you with girls, becuase you already have all that it takes.

On the other hand, if you go too far (and boy do a lot of guys do this...), you will start killing your chances with women becuase now you are "too feminine". However, if you enjoy looking good (and i personally love it), what is the difference? I wear that nice shirt becuase i look good in it! Yes it might attract girls... that's a side thing. Sh1t, i pull most of the girls in the club when im wearing a plain white shirt!

Guys are confused nowdays, everyone pushes different things, everyone tells you "this is the next best thing!".

I am telling you that personality + basic hygene is all you really need.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good thread, but it will end up in flames. I am as sure of this as I am of Spurs winning game 6.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I think most metros dress how they do because they like the way it looks. I bought my 2 pink shirts because I like pink shirts, I even thought about buying pink loafers to mix things up.....I love clothes and dressing well.....Anything I buy or wear is for me and not anyone else...

Brad324

Don Juan
Reaction score
okay, so if you'd pluck your eyebrows to get rid of a unibrow, how is that different than tanning, or using cosmetics, to cover up acne?

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
Why would any guy cut his toe nails? to keep himself clean? Puh-lease! To not gross out that girl he gets in his bed? Yep.
Try having your feet not look like crap when you go to the beach or pool (or if you live in Minnesota, the lake) unless going in the water with your shoes on is your sort of thing.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brad324
okay, so if you'd pluck your eyebrows to get rid of a unibrow, how is that different than tanning, or using cosmetics, to cover up acne?
It's more akin to popping a zit or applying acne cream, while wearing makeup to cover acne is more like a full pluck to reshape your eyebrows.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reasons why someone would want to point out the faults of someone else is to either:

a) make them become better in their eyes.
b) make himself feel good because he is better than them.

I wonder if metrosexuality is actually a problem.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brad324
This is why the supposed division between "real man who takes care of himself" and "metrosexual" is meaningless and arbitrary. There is no absolute division, it just comes down to where each individual draws the line.

For example, I cut my own fingernails and toenails twice a week but I probably wouldn't pay for a manicure or pedicure. I use facial masks but I wouldn't wear makeup.

We all have our own personal definitions of what is ok and what is "too feminine" but there's no reason to insult other guys just because they do things you wouldn't be willing to. If that translates to more success, then more power to them.

There's no reason we need to get into an "us vs. them" mindset in respect to the "real men vs. the metrosexuals"...We're all just guys trying to better ourselves, how we choose to dress and take care of ourselves shouldn't be such a divisive issue...

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[B
I am against metrosexuality. However i'm not going to call you all homo's for 'looking after yourself'. Here's my argument.

I'm looking for one word, i want you all to think about.

Why?

"To get chicks"... nope.. thats not it. Tell yourself it all you want but look deep within yourself and see the reality of it. WHY are you doing it? - Recognition[/B]
Who does not want recognition?? With the exception of people that cut themselves off from the world completely and even they want recognition in some regard. We all want to be recognized in some regard wether it be for our inner or outter selves, something we accomplished or a varying amount of things.

Now yes, there are some shallow men who lives revolve around their "metrosexuality" and to those people I pity strongly but the others that like to get a manicure or dress well have other purposes in their lives.

I do not consider myself a metrosexual but because I like to dress well, because i wash my hair with shampoo and then conditioner, or because i wash my face with expansive green soap that clears up my would-be acne society calls me a "metrosexual." So yes to some degree i want those attractive girls to go:
"Drix looks cute today, does he have a girlfriend?" but i also do it for myself because i don't feel fully comfortable with myself when i walk outside my house and attractive women see a big red pimple with a personality of its own on my face.

Metro's are the most insecure people i have ever met (Don't bring up the topic of celebrities, when fame is brought in to the equation it changes everything). They pluck thier eyebrows, wax their bodies, wear makeup because they want people to tell them how good they look.
thats a stereotype, with the exception to celebs which i agree with.

yes i pluck my brows becuase I have no desire to have a uni-brow. That Offspring song "you gotta keep 'em seperated" always pops into my mind when i see a sad guy walking around with a uni-brow.

waxing/makeup is too much for me but who makes you the judge on how far people should take things? why does it bother you so much

They might do it for chicks but WHY do metro's want chicks - for people to think they are a 'lady killer'. They dont want the SEX, they want the SECURITY THEY GET FROM SEX.
thus you have hit the true subject matter BUT it has nothing to do with metrosexuality, makeup or manicures. And you thought this thought process is only shared by guys who match their shirt to their shoes?

This is the fundamental difference between a "real man" and an insecure *****. When you shift your focus from having sex to be cool, towards having sex to have sex and because you love the game you realise you dont need to wax your legs to get women.
...or be an *******, or take steroids, or be able to drink 20 shots, etc, etc, etc.

My friends are almost universally convinced that if you but on a polo/button down and have a nice pair of brown Doc Martins you will get laid.

Personally i care to differ that natural looks and personality will play for deeper impressions but they are correct that first impressions do count.
Sammo, your post should not be on metrosexuals but on the insecurity of men and the different ways the combat them, or better yet, hide them.

Real men do the things that STOP them from getting sex, for example noone is going to **** you if you smell like poo, and noone will kiss you if you taste like poo.
this is probably the only worthwhile thing said so far...So all you sewer dwellers remember to shower before hitting the bar.

Metro's became metro because they are to insecure to rely on their personallity. If you WHERE secure enough to rely on your character then you wouldnt spend 3 hours a day making yourself look pretty for women JUST FOR SEX. Comeone guys, thats what girls do.

"Things that matter most should never be at the mercy of things that matter least" - Goethe

WOMEN perfect their appearence to catch our eyes, we perfect our character to catch theirs.
i could go on repeating the same point but hopefully you get the picture.

Originally posted by SELF-MASTERY:
I even thought about buying pink loafers to mix things up.
this guy does need help.