Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

On foreign girls / thick accents

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am attending night classes at a university that has an extremely diverse student population, with around 60% of the students coming from China or India. A large portion of them moved to The States recently, and have thick accents and know only a limited amount of English.

Anyway, there are a lot of good looking girls so I make conversation. However, I find it extremely difficult to talk to them. Some don't understand subtle meanings or slang. For example, the girl I was talking to today was eating a banana, and I made an innuendo, and it went completely over her head. One of my friends in class said she's on the hunt, and she seemed interest, considering she pretty much giggled at anything I said. However, there was a bit of a communication barrier. Even the most basic conversations became a chore.

Would you make the attempt?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now it's pretty apparent how much real conversation can play the part in communicating. Americans rely way too much on text messaging and cliches in their interactions. Well, it's up to you whether or not you'd feel it's worth putting all of the fluff on the backburner and try regular, plain old English.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Effington said:
I am attending night classes at a university that has an extremely diverse student population, with around 60% of the students coming from China or India. A large portion of them moved to The States recently, and have thick accents and know only a limited amount of English.

Anyway, there are a lot of good looking girls so I make conversation. However, I find it extremely difficult to talk to them. Some don't understand subtle meanings or slang. For example, the girl I was talking to today was eating a banana, and I made an innuendo, and it went completely over her head. One of my friends in class said she's on the hunt, and she seemed interest, considering she pretty much giggled at anything I said. However, there was a bit of a communication barrier. Even the most basic conversations became a chore.

Would you make the attempt?
If you intend to continue, make sure to communicate in direct terms. Sarcasm and the like aren't going to necessarily be clear to her (for the time being).

Teh_Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
wouldnt this be great to see how much body language affects your rel with a person and not only how much you say, to like rely on things other than words to communicate

Avn_0903

Don Juan
Reaction score
Open with "ni hao ma". Chinese girls love it when white guys say this lol. Anyway learn some foreign term from them and use them occasionally in the conversation.

Reaction score
What could be better? A woman who doesn't speak English. It's my dream girl. Better yet, just give me a mute.

AgonyUncle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She is from a different country with a different culture. I can assure you, British humour often goes over the top of yankee heads mate. It has little to do with language. Just realise that subtle communication is more difficult when people are from another culture or country.

Reaction score
It's not that hard. If you have the confidence to approach, get the #, and get her to go out with you. I guarantee you can hit it.

I'm working on one right now who has terrible English and it's so easy because there is no game at all. Just talk to them, make them laugh, learn a few words of their language and you're in.

AgonyUncle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She is from a different country with a different culture. I can assure you, British humour often goes over the top of yankee heads mate. It has little to do with language. Just realise that subtle communication is more difficult when people are from another culture or country.

Reaction score
AgonyUncle said:

Well he did say many of the girls are Indian. I have always heard they like to stick with their own culture. You should go for hispanic women, they are the bomb especially when they don't speak good english.