Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Omg.. It Costs A Fortune 2 Bulk Up!!

soccermad2005

Reaction score
omg... i just looked on the holland and barrett site and 900g of whey protein costs £20. OMG!!! i'll go through that in a week.
then theres other stuff ( creatine and food) which will bring this to £40 a week... OMG I CANT FIND THIS MONEY.. IM JUST A CHEAP SKINNY 14 YEAR OLD THAT DUZNT WORK YET!!!!!

anyone got any advice? like where can i buy whey for really cheap in the UK and advice on cheap food and creatine? any advice really and just tell me how much you spend every week on bulking up...

i only have £140 which i can see being eaten up very quickly... i need to budget and make it last as long as possiable so i can put on as much weight as possiable because im really skinny lol ( underweight ectomorph) , thanks for advice
Soccermad :p

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bulking will be worth every penny. It will help get you laid more than any fancy designer clothes if you are skinny.

The trick is understanding what to spend your money on.

For starters, forget creatine for now, if you are skint, it won't add much in the scheme of things if you are bulking.

'Cheap' sources of protein include frozen chicken breasts from iceland, UHT skim milk in bulk, tins of tuna, butcher's meat on offers.

Get your whey protien from wheyconsortium or myprotien by internet.

Remember to make up cals with wholegrain pasta, potatoes, oats, wholemeal bread brown rice. You can add the odd tablespoon of oil to your shakes, ideally flax, olive or at a push sunflower.

ps. get your mum on side, she used to say to me, where did those half dozen eggs go? Duh, I dunno.

Above all, cook your own stuff and make BIG batches of it.

Cut out anything convienience food it's usually full of sh1te and cost a lot more for very little.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As Alpine said, get your protein from wheyconsortium.co.uk . Though it's unflavoured, you could always add your own flavourings. I'll be purchasing 5kg of whey and possibly some L-glutamine from there as soon as they start accepting cred cards instead of Paypal/cheque.

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went into a Holland and Barrett store about a week ago to get some whey. It was half price at a tenner even though it said £20 on the website.
So that might not be as bad as what you think, though i don't know if that offer's still on or not.

14 seems very young to be doing serious bulking though - I've heard it said a lot that you shouldn't be doing serious weight training at that age.
I don't know the exact reasons for that though, just summat i've heard a lot - perhaps someone else would be able to explain better.
At that age, i just did a load of bodyweight and curcuit training type exercises - squat jumps, pressups, sit ups , chin ups, that kind of thing.

soccermad2005

Reaction score
Originally posted by GodsGiftToFatBirds
I went into a Holland and Barrett store about a week ago to get some whey. It was half price at a tenner even though it said £20 on the website.
So that might not be as bad as what you think, though i don't know if that offer's still on or not.

14 seems very young to be doing serious bulking though - I've heard it said a lot that you shouldn't be doing serious weight training at that age.
I don't know the exact reasons for that though, just summat i've heard a lot - perhaps someone else would be able to explain better.
At that age, i just did a load of bodyweight and curcuit training type exercises - squat jumps, pressups, sit ups , chin ups, that kind of thing.

yeh, it will be mostly bodyweight training ill be doing, as for the bulking part, well if you saw me you would say i really need to gain some weight im 9 stone and 6ft tall which is shocking and i think even a gain of atleast 1 stone would really be great for my confidence and general look. Thanks for advice people...
also can people please add what they spend on average each week whilst bulking? thanks

SuperFlex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by soccermad2005
yeh, it will be mostly bodyweight training ill be doing, as for the bulking part, well if you saw me you would say i really need to gain some weight im 9 stone and 6ft tall which is shocking and i think even a gain of atleast 1 stone would really be great for my confidence and general look. Thanks for advice people...
also can people please add what they spend on average each week whilst bulking? thanks
Are you my brother?

SuperFlex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh nevermind. Just noticed your age.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
forget about the creatine

food should buy your family(teach them)

some cheap whey you should be able to afford

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At 14, my advice would be to stick to basics. Get your mum on the program - get the real food in you.

Your still growing at 14 - you've got time. In the meantime eat everything you can get your hands on.

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You go through 900g in a weekend? you need to start eating real food not just whey.

but youre right food is really expersive. just look around carefully youd be surprised what you can find. I just picked up 9lbs of chicken for about $15 or $16 (US dollars) two weeks in a row. Thats dirt cheap...$1.69 a lb

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No whey, way?

There's something not right here, are you a home alone or something?

At your age your mum should feed you enough so all you have to do is top it off with maybe 30g of whey and a few hundred extra calories a day.

You say you are 14 and only doing bodyweight exercises, then you are not really bulking are you.

I'd suggest rethinking your strategy towards gaining 1lb a month at the most on a pretty normal diet. In a couple of years move up to weight lifting and use the dietry&exercise knowledge you've built up to start bulking.

And forget suppliments.