Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Old,but look really young. Not good.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
First, how do you present yourself? Do you wear "teen rapper clothes" or some such? There was nothing in your post about that. If you dress like Kevin Federline, don't expect to attract more mature women.

Just act mature, and dress a bit better and more mature than typical guys your age, and they'll be a bit confused, but you'll be able to get through to more mature women.
Nah, not even close. I wear the normal thing anyone else would wear when they go out, and when I dress for success its a shirt, tie, etc. And I unlike the teen kid can tell you that Burberry is a cologne.

Some said it could be my fitness attire, but this is only at SCHOOL. But once again let me state I HAVE to wear it. I train in the gym, work in the gym, personal train in the gym, and some classes require that attire for a lab we might do. So there are times when I can't wear anything else. And sometimes personal training could be anytime, so I just wear it all the time to school since I could spend 6hrs combined doing that stuff.

But when I do other things, I don't wear that stuff.

Le Parisien, some of those things you said fit me on occasion.

And thanks to the fact that I am very business oriented Latinoman, I don't have to worry about the job deal. I'm working on business 2, which I am the CEO and President of, so that's a plus.

"Omen, I'm in the same boat as you as far as looking younger. It's definitely something to be thankful for. Whoever said the way you dress affects perception is right. You have the advantage of being able to play the youth card. If you're talking to a smokin' hot 28 year old chick, be the mature Omen who tucks in his shirt and can speak intelligently. When you're gaming a sexy looking 20 year old, play the youth card. You can have the best of both worlds for many years."

Good thought, and I can do this. I can talk to younger girls, and play the youth card, but at the same time, I can also talk to older more mature people in general and be very smart when it comes to my business. I deal with people all over the US, and outside the US, so I have to have this down, not to mention interacting with some of these people whether talking to them, or giving a presentation. This is where all of my dressing skills come into play. I have many compliments on the way I dress (outside of school).

Also too, its not a huge deal at school in the fitness building, cause we all pretty much know one another, and either work, train, or are all working on the same degree, so you'll see everyone in that type of attire.

Its just one of those things I used to get so upset about. I would always think about how I want to settle down in the next few years, but all I seem to attract are young girls. I guess I just have to play with what I have.

xmlenigma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mid late 20s. I get carded all the time.. unless I dont shave or something. If I workout and lose some of the acquired BF, i could pass for High schooler.

I had career issues where people wouldnt believe me. Dress like a MAN, talk like the MAN.

KNOW YOU ARE THE MAN. U'll get crap.. but u dont have to take it. Water over a ducks back.

xmlenigma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
The ONLY disadvantage I experienced in the past (I'm dark skinned...so, I truly look younger than my age and continue to look like that) was in my professional career, when I was trying to move up.

I'm 38 now...and I can look as young as my late 20s or as old as my mid 30s...everything comes down to how I dress and behave.

My point is...why worry when it comes to dating? Only worry when it comes to moving up in your career.

If you want to look older or being treated more serious (something that comes with "age")...then dress accordingly.

Note: I noticed this Forum being the one with the more males looking 10+ years under their age. If you are black or dark skin, I can see that happening frequently. Even some white men (especially the ones in their 60s looking like if they were in their 50s). But men in their 40s looking 10-15 years younger?
Agree.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heheh,..

I got carded by this HB8 who couldn't have been a a day over 22 at a local liquor store last week. I of course default to C&F since I've bought from her several times before and returned flirt off and on a few times prior.

I said "oh you're gonna flatter me this time?" as I hand her my ID, knowing she just wanted to see how old I was.

She says "no wayyyyy!" and I'm genuinely confused when she says "you're not 38!"

Then I say "Alright you caught me, I'm really 28 and I faked my license to convince young ladies I'm more mature, don't tell my wife OK?"

I get the 'fvck me' giggle from Leah (I read her name tag at this point) and she says "you don't look 38" and I say "yeah, I know." I get 'the eyes', grab my vodka and tell my wife about the whole thing over martinis.

We had some good sex that night.

heh.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The beard/stubble thing definitely works well.

I'm 21, and when I shave, people often mistake me for an 18 year old. But when I'm rocking the beard, people tend to think I'm older. One girl swore she thought I was 25...shoulda seen the look on her face when I told her that I was 21. And this isn't like a full-on bushy beard, it's like if you were to go 3 days or so without shaving.

Reaction score
Bro. I have the same problem. There is only one solution..

Take advantage!! Alot of my boys would love to be hittin up 18 and 19 year olds.

Another interesting thing I find, when my older looking friends try to approach 18 year olds, the 18 year olds will tell them they are too old.

BUT, when it comes to my situation, I tell them I am too old for you, I am almost 27, they say "oh....well age is just a number".

Dress has alot to do with it. If i am going to a nice 21+ club, I be sure to wear my best clothes. This makes me look more my age.

If I'm hitting up the mall or the lake, I just throw on a Hollister t shirt and some worn jeans, and I am set :)

Why the change of heart? I think young people gravitate more towards people who look like them.

Another thing....there are plenty of girls who are 26 that are in my boat...they look like they are 18 or 19 as well.

Keep in mind, that in our situation it DOES present a disadvantage IF we are WAITING for women to approach us, but by MAKING the approach ourselves, that helpes eliminate part of the problem.

good luck

PocketAces

Reaction score
the best response for this.....

I am a succesful business man and at 28 years old, I would say probably look 24.....
not too much of a difference.....I have been told I look as old as 35 and as young as 21.....
I never get carded b/c I am a tall/muscular guy I think but definitely have a "baby face".....
It is all how you dress, project and carry yourself. I never get caught in a kids outfit. If someone asks me my age and they say, "you don't look it".....I reply with one of two lines:
"Thanks, good genetics" and smile...... this throws them off and disarms them immediately because they think you a so confident that you took theirbjective observation and made them think you just assumed it was "jst another compliment".....:woo:
My other reply is, "all my wrinkles are on the inside"....and smile again confidently.
Either of those replies gets instant respect.....
HOWEVER, if you look young and act young, dont try it.....this is for the ones that may look young but have the intelligence and persona of a confident man in his 50's.....it is all about projecting "been there, done that" even if it may not be completely true for you .....
at the end of the day, just dont take it personally.....you cant change anothers opinion of how you look....that is THEIR opinion.....but you can change their opinion about what they THINK about you.....
you may look young , but you are clearly on top of your game :box:

Reaction score
Great post Pocket. Touched on alot of good points there. Good emphasis on the point of how you carry yourself and dress. If I am out around older people OR potential business contacts, i NEVER EVER dress less than mature. So important, especially for people like us who look young.

But when I'm out at beach and not against pickin up a 19 year old, I can dress down as well :). Kinda like my secret weapon. I think as a guy who looks younger, its important to utilize this advantage, as long as you don't mind it, of course. But why would ya? :-D

Good luck Omen

mb1978

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 27...almost 28 and have always looked way younger...I have a mostly-grown in goatee now which probably helps, but I am scrawny and tall because I run and have predisposed genetics to being really thin.

Dang...so if a 19 year old says "age is just a number" to you when you make some sort of age difference comment, that's sort of a sign to go for it? :confused: