Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ok, finally getting started

Slashco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been putting this off for long enough. I always thought I didn't look that bad, but after catching sight of myself in the mirror a few times, it kind of changed my mind. Although there's some solid muscle there, there is also way too much fat. I have a big ass and a pot belly, and it's time to do something about it.

The problem is, I think I've become overloaded with information. I've read so many books and articles, all recommending different things, that I don't know where to start anymore. I tried going to a gym, but without a program, I ended up pulling on the weights aimlessly for about half an hour and feeling like I didn't accomplish anything. I want to lose fat without losing muscle. Is cardio important, or should I focus more on lifting? Should I eat before workouts, or after? Do fat burners like Hydroxycut really help? I think I need some advice here... Don't get me wrong, I do not need an essay, just a basic simple kind of routine I could follow. Ideally it should be simple so I can focus on other things in life, and not spend my days calculating calories and grams of carbohydrates, and solving differential equations for monounsaturates and whatnot. For example, if you were in my situation (solid, but much body fat and out of shape - think John Goodman), what would you do? Thanks.

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
First Lost The Fat... then worry about muscle of any type.

I have been a skinny guy my whole life so I really don't know much about diet supplements. I had a friend who used it and got pretty good results frlom Hyrdoxicut or something like it.

To lose weight I would reccomend the following...

Protein SHakes
Diet Pill (H-Cut, or whatever)
Glutamine
Lots of Water
Multi Vitamin
A great diet.

Take glutamine (in cranberry juice) right after your workout and right before bed. Drink H20 like crazy. Always have a water bottle with you.

Go to the gym 3-4 times a week for an hour. Do different forms of cardio... treadmill, climbing machine, or any cardio workout that makes you work. DO NOT SIT ON A BIKE AND READ A MAGAZINE! Those guys are fools. DO NOT LIFT WEIGHTS UNTIL YOU LOSE WEIGHT. Always drink a shake or eat a meal right after working out.

For your diet. Eat 4 meals a day, drink 2 shakes a day. Each meal should consist of (1) Lean Mean Source (Fish, Lean Steak, Eggs, Chicken), (1) Carb Source (Pasta, Rice, Potato, etc.) and (1) Veggie/Fruit Choice. For your last meal of the day do not eat any carbs at all!

So it would look like this

7am - Breakfast (Breakfast Burrito, Fruit and Milk)

10am - Shake

1pm - Lunch (Subway lean sandwiches are good, el pollo loco is ok too)

4pm - shake

7pm - dinner (something lean and good for you.. stir fry combines all 3).

10pm (or before bed) - eat some protein (or a shake?) NO CARBS!

Hope this helps you out. Remember, dieting isn't rocket science. To lose weight - burn more calories than you eat.

peace

brian