Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Oily Skin

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I normally have very dry skin, so I use moisturisers and various other skin creams to stop it from drying out, as well as supplements like flax seed and zinc. However, my skin now gets very oily. Even after I wipe it clean, it gets oily again within a couple of hrs. What kind of remedies are available?

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can try soap and wash your skin daily. Or there is something that you rub your skin and the dryness will turn into smoothness. Something rough.

Ripped

Don Juan
Reaction score
Normal soaps are comodogenic and can actually overdry the skin, promoting excess oil production.

All I know is, this worked for me - I eliminated, almost entirely, the following;

touching my face
stress
wheat/gluten products
dairy products
sugars

I increased whole grain foods, veggies, fruits, etc, worked out like a mofo 3 days a week, and had 2 showers a day instead of one. Now for someone that went from having quite bad acne and ridiculously greasy skin to being completely clear and much less greasy skin, it was amazing. You obviously wouldnt/shouldn't have to do all of that though...

Also you can use these rice paper sheets - they don't irritate the skin and you can dab your face etc with them as needed.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ripped,

Let ask you this... Once in a while, I break out like there's no tomorrow. This last time, I think it was from me changoing my workout routine. Which stimulated whatever hormone in my body, causing the break out. Think that's right?

A friend told me he thought I might have an alergy. Maybe some food I ate or some sort of additive. Any thoughts on that?

This time it has seemed to start clearing up with extra face washing...

Ripped

Don Juan
Reaction score
Changing your workout routine theoretically *shouldnt* have done it... but some would say that if you went from a very light routine to an intense mass building one, the resulting increase in testosterone production could therefore have that effect... but I dunno... im no expert :p.

If it is diet based then its not an allergy as such, but certain foods could have that effect. For example - for the few days around christmas all I ate was **** - and in the following days I noticed more breakouts when I was previously getting none... clearly voiding what 99% of uninformed dermatologists think (that diet has zilch to do with oily skin/acne).

Acne and oily skin (overactive sebacious glands) are absolute ****s of things to get. Its not like any other disease which can usually be treated easily, and that wont change anytime soon.

Some people can get away with just using topicals, some need accutaine, and some are lucky enough to have a complete hormonal balance and have perfect skin.

My advice is to go to the acne board at www.healthboards.com. The general consensus there is that too much insulin (as gotten from foods with excess simple sugars) results in oily skin, and that diet is the major player in acne. People there can give advice more relevant to YOUR skin as opposed to a stupid supposed "cures all" remedy.

cheers

Ripped

Don Juan
Reaction score
As for oily skin specifically, try vitamin b5 (pantothenic acid). A lot of people have said this completely fixed the problem with no side effects. However it can be costly because the reccomended dose it 10 grams (yes 10 grams) a day initially. But apparently it works a charm.