Oh SUUUUUUUUURE...

MisterAl

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kids, if you want better luck picking up chicks, get a girlfriend. :D

Now that things are getting more serious with a girl I do really like, the pickup opportunities are just in my face everywhere I am.

I was at a regional computer user group meeting of all places, you know, a real geekfest and always a sausage party to boot. Always a few dozen weird-looking grey-haired old men that don't shower. Fortunately I'm younger and I dress well. Well, tonight there's a nice-looking younger woman there, a real brainiac too involved in high-tech research. After the meeting she approached me and asked me a bit more about what I do. She already knew where I worked, something she could not have known otherwise unless she was watching and listening to me very closely in my conversations with others.

I'm not very good at cold pickups, but this time the woman did all the work for me! So I had no choice but to close and ask her out for lunch. Think my girl will be pissed? :D

Healer

Don Juan
Reaction score
what she dont know, wont piss her off.

But pissing her off might be just what you need depending on the situation going on.

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would definitely take this girl to lunch if i was you. Hey, it pumps your ego and makes you feel more desirable. Women do it all the time...
And yeah, its a weird phenomenon when you are with someone, and you find yourself getting more opportunities than usual. F**K! Where were these chicks a few months ago when i was single?
Ironically enough, i had a very good looking girl obviously after me when i was seeing someone else. However, about two days after i broke up with the girl, the second girl wasn't interested anymore, and she LJBF'end me! It was like i was more attractive that i was NOT available.
Damn women....

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by stormwriter
And yeah, its a weird phenomenon when you are with someone, and you find yourself getting more opportunities than usual.
I hooked my latest gf that way. Was at a dance, we were chatting each other up, and subtly flirting. Then I told her I had to go because I'd told my gf that I wouldn't be out too late. Drove her IL through the roof. A few weeks later, she asked me out (she thought that I'd broken up with my gf by then, since I'd told her our relationship was on the rocks). She even told me later when we started dating, that it had bothered her that I was taken, so therefore she must have been feeling for me.

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is so true, a girl i know (total flirt HB9) wanted to give me a tarot card reading about my current relationship. Ever since she found out I wasn't single she is always talking to me about sex, and after the tarot card reading she jumped on me, wrapped her legs around me and said to break up with my girlfriend cuz she wants to hump! WTF, I love it, but why can't these girls be on my nuts when im single? I think its somewhere along the lines of they want what they can't have.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MisterAl
Kids, if you want better luck picking up chicks, get a girlfriend. :D

Now that things are getting more serious with a girl I do really like, the pickup opportunities are just in my face everywhere I am.

I'm not very good at cold pickups, but this time the woman did all the work for me! So I had no choice but to close and ask her out for lunch. Think my girl will be pissed? :D
This is definitely a well known phenomena. Getting into a relationship seems to shift us into this parallel void somewhere between RAFC and PUA. Our DJ skills are that we are confident and comfortable in our surroundings but the rest of our skills are in hibernation.

Women pick up on this and approach with a ferocity that has yet to be measured. It's a great time and one worth considering taking advantage of. And although you may want to brag to your GF about your higher level of popularity, I wouldn't say a word. She'll pick up on it on her own, don't give her any ammunition.