Odd question: how do u make new GUY friends ('buds')

isotope

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well this is sort of different since the point of this forum is to get GIRLS. But I have a more basic social question on "how to make more FRIENDS, in general." What if you are sort of a loner and dont have many guy friends to chill with?

How would you go about making conversations and "making friends" with like-minded people? Supposing you have a good convo with some people, how can you suggest hanging out or whatever? (without seeming gay).

It seems simple, but for me it's not. Most of my friends are friends I already had from when I was young, and it's easier to make friends when you're young. All my friends are either from high school, (where you make friends in class), or they are roomates or "forced-friend" situations.

My question is how do you expand and start anew making new friends in college or later?

because we all know that when you're with a girl, it helps to be able to take her to parties or to group gatherings. You need to get social proof and also you need more ways to pass the time. Plus if every one of your dates is just you and her, one-on-one, it can be weird and get boring fast.

I also imagine that having more guy friends can lead you into their social circles, meeting new girls etc etc etc. And at the very least i'll have people to hang out with when i'm bored.

Tukzulu

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about guys thinking you're gay just because you ask them if they want to hang out. If you don't have gay mannerisms, most guys will probably just assume you're a straight guy looking to hang out with them because you think they are cool. But to remove any doubt, you could always say something about your girlfriend (make it up if you don't have one) and then follow that up with "Hey, we should get a beer sometime. You ever go to such and such place? The chicks that hang out there are so hot."

For tips on establishing a social life, check this article out:
http://www.bristollair.com/outergame/skills/howtogetasociallife/

Vandermast

Don Juan
Reaction score
I came across serious thought when I read the question here and wondered 'why the complication' then I saw "Location: Florida" and laughed saying 'no wonder'. I'm from here too but not originally, I've realized a lot of people are quick to want to know if you are gay (particularly other men, ironic isn't it?) goes without saying there are a lot of fruitcakes here, atleast I see you are aware of this and aren't stupid. You got the idea though 'Like minded-people'.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Vandermast
"Location: Florida"
This is the hardest state Ive ever lived in for making friends. People are seriously closed minded down here and will offer to fight before offering ot answer your question "Do you have the time?"

mike88nbd

Don Juan
Reaction score
All true...

Im currently living in Florida, but lived in Virginia before that, so I know what you mean. It also seems that it is worse the farther south you go, Jacksonville is nowhere as bad as Miami or Key West.

Btw man, when you say "like-minded", what do you mean by that? Do you mean straight guys?

isotope

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mike88nbd
All true...

Im currently living in Florida, but lived in Virginia before that, so I know what you mean. It also seems that it is worse the farther south you go, Jacksonville is nowhere as bad as Miami or Key West.

Btw man, when you say "like-minded", what do you mean by that? Do you mean straight guys?
well i just meant, people who are into the same interests and hobbies as i am. i want to hang out with people and make new friends, but i do have SOME standards. They have to be like-minded, because i dont really want to hang out with druggies or crazy partiers, etc.

It would be nice if they were into some of the same stuff that I am into: weightlifting, outdoors stuff, concerts and music.
maybe even some video games and preferably DJ-ing. it would be cool to find some wingmen.

MidnightResistance

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Same here.

Although is appears as though all the London guys threw individuality out of the window and joined the London Seduction Society.:rolleyes:

usedtolurk

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried some stuff listed in this article way before I read it. I've been called a stalker on occasion. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom