Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Odd Breakup - Ideas?

Rumour

Reaction score
We had just finished having sex when she said … “I don’t think we should go on.” “I think we are at different points in our life and I want what you can’t give me” she said. “I have this feeling inside that I want another child” she said. “I know it is unlikely, but I at least want that hope.” “You asked me what I see for myself in the next five years and I see myself married, not working, and having a family.”

She is thirty-six years old and has one child, whom she through in vitro. It is extremely unlikely that she will get pregnant naturally due to reproductive issues. Her husband had divorced her four years earlier. She is an attractive woman with a nice body, intelligent and a good personality. We dated for ten months.

I am forty and was seriously considering her for marriage. I have also had a vasectomy.

“I can’t help what I feel” she said. “When we first started seeing each other, I was fine with having no more children, but that feeling has come back and is strong.” “The irony is that you are the only man I desire.”

The previous night everything was great. We had sex before bed. In the morning we had sex again. She has never withheld from me.

“Did you know you were going to do this last night?” I asked. “No.”
“This is what you want?” “I have these emotions…” she started, and with that I left.

After work I went to her house to get my things. She grabbed hold of my arm and tried to pull me to her. “Just one hug” she said, “as friends.” It was the word I had been waiting for. “We’re not friends” I said calmly, “and you’re not mine to comfort and I’m not yours to get comfort from.” “You’re not mine, right?” “We’re just not clicking” she said. “You can’t meet my needs.” I left without another word.

My sixty day no-contact rule is in place. This is day two.

This has been the oddest breakup I have ever heard of. We had just gone on vacation with our kids the week before. Everything was great. Last Friday she sent me this message, “To An Amazing Man ... I love you, you are so deep in my heart. Let me be clear -- loving you is a pleasure and joy. Sometimes it is easier to love you than me. My own scars and pain cloud my perspective of me. You are a spectacular soul, a sexy man in any way I can think of, and I treasure everything we have and share. With all my love, Your -----”

She sent me this message Tuesday, “Good Morning Dearest, It strikes me just how much passion we share and how intense this attraction is. We are mirrors one unto the other, and in some respects that also unnerves me. I really didn’t want to have to come back to reality. What we shared last week was not perfect, but it was more or less the sort of life I had always wanted when I envisioned having a family.”

Wednesday she stated that she wanted to break up. I don’t get it. I have to add though that she was in the opening stages of ovulation and her brother’s wife just had a baby. I believe I’m a good mix of alpha and beta. I’m fit and attractive. I track her cycle and act accordingly. Sex was frequent, at least 4-5 times per week and has been that way since the start. I **** her good and she likes it. There was no pulling away, no withholding of sex, no indication that there is another man in the picture. What gives? Ideas?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be many things, but one thing is for certain....she doesn't want to be with you. At least she told you....most guys don't get that luxury.

Oblige her.

Demodulate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am dealing with something similar.. the girl is much younger though, I think she wanted a firm commitment or something, I dont know.. now she has gotten all distant, it feels like she wants me to chase her..

I feel like its a test or something, but I must be failing it because I have just let her go...

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's at that age where she wants a full on family, it seems. You don't. It happens. She was mature about it, but she's still being a bit emotional. There are parts of you she doesn't want to let go of.

Just be amicable next time you meet, finalize whatever arrangements you have, and go no contact. Good luck.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What an original sh!t test ...

Women are creatures of creativity.

Translation: She wants to get married and want you to look after her, but the child issue could be up for negotiation.

Good luck!

Beowolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
**** their **** tests! Never believe any chicks words, ever. They're ****. Ignore them, laugh, and spit on them. Watch what they do instead. Dump this *** dumpster, where she belongs unless you want more of this **** in your future. I just dumped another crazy ***** who came after me strong. When you do this many times, it becomes instinctive, and you build up an immunity. You'll get harder and tougher. After a player walks away from their psycho ****, he must never look back.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Given the contrast of the message the last few days, it is a little odd, but not unexplainable.

Sounds like she's a bit of a romance junky.
Hanging on a bit too tightly to the romance stage.
Smells of potential low self esteem or fear ...

Bottom line, you don't want a chick who "settles" for a man to band-aid some deeper issue.

Painful as it may be, it's likely she did you a favor.
You handled it very well BTW.

SH

Reaction score
she's got a bit of romance junkie/drama queen going on. likes a shot of adrenalin to make things interesting. perhaps she is telling the truth. She sounds torn. She seems to want you. But she also wants the option for more children. It's what she wants. In any case you're not groveling or begging. And NC is the way to get her to decide what she really wants. Hope you can stick with it.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I' d say next that h0 and get some better azz but you might want to think about if you left anything out of your post. Was it really 100% like that? If so, then just next that H0 and find someone more stable and cool and who is down with whatever. However, if you left something out you might want to think about it before just nexting. -- good luck on that

rearea

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its fine that she wants a family- just means youre incompatible. Not need to paint her in a negative light over it. You know women are human beings right, with thoughts/feelings/dreams/desires like you? If hers dont match yours, it doesnt make her a bad person or selfish/needy/crazy it just means youre not right for each other. If finding somebody you like and are compatible with was easy relationships would be more common.

However, given her age and the fact the last child was in vitro she seems a bit delusional.

origin138

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds pretty typical, woman has "feelings", ends the relationship while quietly flipping it so that it's your fault in a shaming fashion ("what I want, you can't give me"), while making weak attempts at building up your ego to let you down easier (You're the only man I desire!"). Give me a fvcking break. She couldn't have ended this when she found out you had a vasectomy?

Give her what she wants and don't ever talk to her again. I'll bet you dollars to donuts, if you cave to her sh!t test and say "Hey, I'll get a reverse vasectomy and we you can have my children!" she'll come up with an all new excuse to bail out of the relationship.

NC my friend, be strong.

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite odd she sent such emotionally charged texts only to contradict herself 24 hours later and end it.

Going NC will drive this one nuts. Sounds like more of a hasty decision and I wouldn't be surprised if she came crawling back once everything sinks in. I wouldn't say its impossible she has another man, a provider type, in her sights. Some women are natural players, add in some age and experience and they hide it well. I doubt this is the case though.

I understand it's not as easy as "just next that wh0re and find some more poon", especially when you've been blind sided, but not many options here but to lick your wounds and move on. I'd be leery about getting back with her as well should she break. Now that you know she has the capability to end things on a whim, who wants to live life never knowing when the next back stabbing might occur.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Rumour,
I agree"given her age and the fact the last child was in vitro she seems a bit delusional" ......Of course like Rearea I can say that without being negative and contradicting myself (Aren't they a joke?)....She is just acting out the last Mills and Boone she read,it probably had a heroine who showed a man how much he would be missing if she left, and then laid down an ultimatum...Yeah 60 Days no contact will punish her just nicely,she will come crawling back soon enough.