Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

OceanWindRider's bootcamp

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today my buddy and me started the bootcamp - WOOHOO! :rockon:
About me:
I have been reading a lot on the subject. I have gone to the Mystery Method seminar and listened to lots of David D. materials. However, my main problem was lack of practice i guess.
Whenever I am with my buddies sarging I almost get killed by my bad state and fear of approach. I tried different things, however, they don't work too good.
I am going through a horrible divorce now too - that does not help at all :(

So I decided to try it from scratch - go through the bootcamp. This will build my confidence gradually and allow me to get some social skills I have been lacking.
And what's most important - provide me the motivation and pressure to stay with the schedule and go out every day!!! :up:

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1. April 10 - April 16.
Went out today for several hours to the mall and the shopping district.
There were many people. However, I could not make them look me in the eyes!!!
They were just busy looking somewhere else.
It's a huge problem for me!
Can you guys give me some advice? How do I do that? or what are the right places for this exercise?

Also, when saying "Hi", am I supposed to say Hi after the eye contact?
My buddy was saying Hi to almost everybody in a really loud voice and strange pitch, with no eye contact.
It woke them instantly and they were really surprised.
Not friendly. Just startled.
Is it a correct way to say Hi?
Or shall I make sure I am friendly and they look me in the eyes before saying Hi?

Thanks, guys!

-S-Blade

Reaction score
I find the same problem. Most people are looking elsewhere, making it hard to catch their eyes, and of course there are people (like me, before I started practicing hi's/eye contact) who will glance away immediately. But since there are so many people in the mall, I can usually get in quite a few eye contacts and hi's.

In a mall situation, I find it best to maintain eye contact before saying hi, but in situations where I am walking around in a park, and there are much less people, eye contact isn't as necessary (unless it's an attractive girl)

Just my $0.02.

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Woohoo!
10 eye contacts, 5 Hi's

After a week of frustration and the previous dropped bootcamp, I finally found a good spot to do the Hi/eye contact exercise.
I was walking with my son along the beach - where a lot of people are enjoying their walks and runs. There were tons of people.
People there are relaxed, they don't need to run or rush anywhere.
They are enjoying their walks and looking around.
After eye contacts I even got about 3 Hi's from THEM :)
They mostly looked at my son, so the eye contacts were not perfect.
But I will go out alone and finish up whatever Eye contacts and Hi's are necessary :)
So... my sticking point is solved and I am going to continue with my bootcamp !!!
:)

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to be somewhat predictable from the minute you come into the persons vision to get their eye contact......I hate to sound cliche but you have to give off an auroa or some kind of maneurism that makes them want to look your way, don't be a ****y bastard, just walk by and think about something interesting (you want to have a pre-occupied mind not to be desperate for these hi's, otherwise your bound to ovrthink things) and just go through the predictable motions of CASUAL interaction. I hope this helps, though you did just get 10 hi's so I might not even have to type this

DJ_Traveler

Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally had mixed results at the beach in my previous bootcamp, but people are usually more relax and more open to make contact with strangers.

Keep it up man.

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ_Traveler said:
I personally had mixed results at the beach
Keep it up man.
What do you mean "mixed" results? :) It's an eye contact we're talking about.

As for the rest of the stuff. I don't have a problem with the eye contact.
But on the normal streets people are too busy - they either watch the shop windows or look at the street under their feet . So no matter how much positive energy you have they just don't look your way.
But maybe I'll try again doing it in the malls - with the high energy.

Blackdragon5095

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like we got another rookie at apporaching. Well I'm no keyboard jockey. I'm in the field myself. Let me break some ground rules for you

1. Say hi even if they don't get eye contact.
2. Image yourself appoarching women and having fun, like I told bounce and I will tell you this too. ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE !!!
3. Apporaching can be fun if you make it fun.
4. Not all women or people will react friendly to you so be ready.
5. If someone dosen't say hi and walks by you like they don't like you then ketp that smile on your face, I got good at this. It takes pratice not telling people effect your emotions.
6. The more you appoarch the more you get better at it. ( Pratice , Pratice , pratice )
7. Drill and Kill, I told boucne this too, The drill is appoarching people and talking to them. The Kill is killing off fake or weak confidence, low self-respect, weak body language, low self-esteem and low believing in yourself. So you can have real confidence and most imporantly high self-respect.

Make sure you read DJ bible and be in the field. Good luck:cool:

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 8
I had an hour to walk on the beach.
however, it was rainy ... There were very few people.
I did about 5 eye contacts and several hi's.
It was the right spot, just the wrong time.

Now, the fun part. It was the beach close to the gay district. And most of the people were single guys or guy couples. So I was very careful with the eye contact and especially with Hi's :))

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 10

Did not do any eye contacts or Hi's.
Wait, I did try to have an eye contact with several girls in the club :)
What I practiced in the club tonight was being more friendly and social with everyone. That's bloody difficult for me, but I gotta get through that.

Hang out with several mixed sets. Though it's hard to game them. So I just tried to get used to hanging out in mixed sets and having fun..

FOL!!!

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with blackdragon...just say hi, and just continue...

but as you indeed noticed, many people in this word are already a-social...scared to even look the other in the eye. That's something you'll see in the first week :)

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, guys, I just wanted to tell that I value your advice!
I am on hold now. I am participating in a Shezz's bootcamp starting next Monday.
So I have the real schedule without any excuses and I am going to stick with it!!
:)