Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Obese peple and eating.

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could an obese person stop eating b/c thier body would use thier fat for energy or is that not possible. They would just need to drink water?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the body quickly drops into starvation mode, metabolism drops, etc. not to mention all the water soluble micronutrients they would quickly run through.

it's possible that they might get away with a juice fast, but there would still be metabolism & rebound effects.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Starvation = biological stress on body

Biological stress on body = Fat storage

mastacheef

Don Juan
Reaction score
the only way to "not eat" and lose weight would be through some type of cleanse which basically means to not eat for 48 hours and feed your body with nutrient-loaded water, vitamin pills, etc. Your metabolism will shut down and fat loss will be inhibited if you don't ingest in the essential daily vitamins. Your liver will cleanse toxic matter from your body if you abstain from solid food for 48 hours. This will get your liver working to a more full potential because it has been processing solid food for 20, 30, 40, 50, or 60 years straight – 24 / 7. It is begging for a couple days off.

theres a lot of cleansing methods out there, Google it. I highly recommend a cleanse every now and then!

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your liver is always processing toxins... the way to enhance that is to stop consuming toxins. consuming nothing for a little while would surely help, but wouldn't it just be easier to consume less toxic food? if you google cleansing methods you'll also find that none of them are backed by clinical evidence, most are linked to some sort of charlatans, and some have been shown to actually be dangerous.

mastacheef

Don Juan
Reaction score
yes surely try to avoid toxins but there are still numerous ways to ingest toxins daily, through the air we breath the water we drink and the food we eat. A cleanse is not dangerous if you are feeding your body with the right nutrients and not to cleanse THAT often. A cleanse i know of is backed up by actually 3 experts in the field of medicine and health clinical evidence but all in all.. do not exempt eating and expect to lose weight, feed your body with the right nutrients and keep your metabolism going!

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
navyseal2101 said:
Could an obese person stop eating b/c thier body would use thier fat for energy or is that not possible. They would just need to drink water?
That wouldn't be a good idea whether the person was obese or not. When the body is deprived of food, as some of the people here have already stated, the body goes into starvation mode and the metabolism slows down. It would be best to reduce caloric intake instead of not eating altogether.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What everyone said is pretty much correct.

As an added note a personal trainer on another board whose posts I read often said thats its possible for a severely overweight person to not only stay alive but lose all of their weight on only 500 calories a day.

He went on to say the person who would do that would be horribly malnourished and look like crap at the end of the weight loss but indeed all the weight would be gone at least.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh you wouldn't even have to go that low. i've watched a member of my family repeatedly lose over 100 pounds (usually starting around 265 and going down below 160) on a strict regimen of 1200 calories/day including 2 meals of oat bran (like oatmeal w/ even less starch & more fiber) and lots of walking/running. the trouble? this person is back up in the ~250 range...again! this person will insist repeatedly that 'this time will be different' and the rebound is a 'failure of willpower'..... so we'll watch this person hit the rollercoaster again soon!