Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NYC - Desert or Paradise?

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So guys, after travel ling around the world for nearly two years I finally decided that I should return to the US and continue my education - specifically, in New York City.

Now, it's probably been discussed before, but NYC is a whole ballgame unto itself when it comes to being a DJ. Fiercer competition, a wider range of people, and endless supply of things to do and places to go...in a way, I guess it's been my dream to live there all my life.

Any DJs in New York have any specific advice? I'm a little nervous, to be honest - I'm neither a billionaire financier or a hip artist with a gallery in Soho.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been to NYC, but I have lived in small towns in the middle of nowhere, and I would guess that in regard to supply of women, NYC would be paradise.

Crow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a hat with a feather in it. And some leaopard print pants. You'll be balls deep in no time at all here.

Don Juan
Reaction score
go to 53st and 6th ave at night after 8 pm where theres a long line with hbs and try their halal chicken lamb and rice combo best food in the world!!.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leporello said:
So guys, after travel ling around the world for nearly two years I finally decided that I should return to the US and continue my education - specifically, in New York City.

Now, it's probably been discussed before, but NYC is a whole ballgame unto itself when it comes to being a DJ. Fiercer competition, a wider range of people, and endless supply of things to do and places to go...in a way, I guess it's been my dream to live there all my life. Live there, never live wiht regrets you didnt try something like "i wish id lived there! but i wussed out"
the game may be harder in NY but you just gotta accept and rise up to it...For you will be stronger when you get to the top

Any DJs in New York have any specific advice? I'm a little nervous, to be honest - I'm neither a billionaire financier or a hip artist with a gallery in Soho.
you dont need to be rich/famous!...be urself and make your own reality come true

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about it, the New York metropolitan area is one of the most populous areas in the entire world. Yes, being the financial capital of the world, there are lots of rich people living there. But there are also millions of middle class folk and even poor people there. There are only so many Wall Street tycoons and Donald Trump types to go around. That still leaves an enormous supply of girls for the taking. What's more, there is a tremendous variety of women to choose from. You'll meet girls from all over the country and all over the world.

I've lived in a lot of different places all around the world and I've traveled to more than 30 countries. New York was hands down the best place that I've ever lived. I will be going back in the future.

Crow

Don Juan
Reaction score
1337 said:
go to 53st and 6th ave at night after 8 pm where theres a long line with hbs and try their halal chicken lamb and rice combo best food in the world!!.

This one should go straight in the DJ Bible. +++

terran2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1337 said:
lol I haven't lived in nyc for years now and I know exactly what he's talking about.

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I've just spent the last fortnight in NYC and I can pronounce it one of the best places I've ever been for women and I'm well pleased with the results - from the woman at the airport when I first arrived, who wanted to know all about my tattoos, various women in my hotel and various bars, it has been interest contact and success all along. There are plenty of ladies up for a good time - and I'm on a strict budget! :)

Just keep your wits about you and your eyes open - you will do fine.

One thing I have noticed tho - when you are with a woman, guys in NY seem to show a lot more respect than I'm used to at home. Very few will try to cut-in on you.

Coming back soon but I'm away to shower and get ready for one last night out. :D

NSUballer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im heading up to NYC to stay with a friend for about 5 days. I cant wait. Mainly because I havent been too far from home and NYC seems pretty awesome. My boy tells me the girls up there are ridiculous.

tinctrar

Don Juan
Reaction score
As a born and raised New Yorker...my advice is as follows...

Be prepared for anything. Keep an open mind....

Most girls will seem pretentious and stuck-up...so if you can break that wall down without bullsh!t then your good.

SBW is spot on - us NY'ers wont cut in if your doing our thing. So we expect the same. You will learn quickly.

Have fun brother! Maybe ill head back myself.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
everywomanshero said:
It's too cold there. I would suggest you move somewhere warmer.
Perfect. I don't like hot weather anyway.

DonutMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are so many beautiful women in New York City, its ridiculous. Don't have to worry about having a lot of money as long as you can afford to live here and have a little fun.

A young dude like you should be able to go out in the West Village around NYU and pick up great girls non-stop. Of course you could also go to Midtown to pick up the tourists and Jersey/L.I. skanks.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was only in NYC for 2 days in the summer months a few years ago and I knew right away this is the best town in the world. There is just so much life everywhere! Woke up in the morning to go walk around and it was already blazing with life. It's an amazing experience when you compare it to pretty much any town or city in the world.

Nothing beats NYC during the warmer months. If you get the chance to live there then by all means do it. Do consider you are probably going to be poor unless you make serious money.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I'll be in grad school I'll be living on loans in any case - though I do hope I can work part time to make some extra money.