Number of Partners... What do you think is an OK number??

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading the... um... interesting... thread "The Most Sexually Erotic Question You Can Ask A Girl"..... (etc).... and something NMMWCR said got me thinking...

Originally posted by NMMWCR
Are we supposed to believe you're keeping a spreadsheet of your stats broken down by blonde, brunette, and redhead? If a guy has more than a dozen partners by the time he is 22, its because he can't get anyone to come back for seconds so he has to start over once he scores and she figures out his game is a front and he's a dud in the sack. A number like 62 doesn't make you a DJ or a stud, it makes you a dumbazz.
It got me thinking about what guys consider a "normal" number... for guys AND girls...

A while ago one of my friends said, "As long as your number doesn't go over your age then it's not too many." (One of our friends blushed at that statement, so we were like "uh... okay as long as you don't double your age then it's okay!" ha ha)...

I know there's the whole double standard issue which has been discussed ad nauseum, so let's not even debate it... but just out of curiousity, what do you think is "too high" or "too low" etc... for yourself or for someone you'd potentially date. (I'm not looking for advice or anything, because I personally don't really care if I'm "normal" or "acceptable", but I WAS wondering what you thought "normal" or "acceptable" was).

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it would have something to do with your age. For instance, if you were 16 and had been with 20 people then that's too many, but if you were 80 then that wouldn't be bad at all. If you can't remember all their names then you probably have been with too many. I've never really thought about a limit for myself, but I would say that I expect to have had no more than like 25 or 30 partners by the time I die. As for someone that I would date, I really coudn't say. It would all depend on the person. If the number was 30 I would probably not get involved, but like I said it would depend on the person.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starman
for women.. More than 1 = Slvt
WOW! Starman, you are too liberal!

My opinion is, for women...More than 0 = Slut.

After screwing these virgin girls I always have to kick them out of my bed immediately. Ugh, they disgust me, I feel as if thier sluttyness is infesting me.

It is too bad women are only good once, and then they become sluts.

sigh...

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When the 18-24 age group were asked for the number of sex partners they had had since age eighteen,

*8% had 0 partners
*32% had 1
*34% had 2-4 partners
*15% had 5-10 partners
*8% had 10-20
*3% had 21 or more partners

The interviews were conducted in 1992, and the survey was published in 1994.

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
U of A Population Research Laboratory, a cross section of heterosexual men and women throughout Alberta were asked how many sexual partners they've had in their lives. After they answered this question, they were asked how they came up the number they gave.

When asked the question, 'how many partners have you had in your lifetime?', two-thirds of women said they knew precisely and reported an average of 6.2.

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The correct number for a girl = 3 x however many she told you

The correct number for a guy = 3 x less than he told you

Sounds too general, but it seems to work out.

bp1974

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bp1974
The correct number for a girl = 3 x however many she told you

The correct number for a guy = 3 x less than he told you

Sounds too general, but it seems to work out.

bp1974
Nope, from experience, that seems pretty on the money :)

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
after your first year in college id say add your original # add 4 and mutiply by 5.

thats jus gettin technical though

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Single digits: Ok
Double digits: depends where in the range it falls, based on age..
Triple digits: listen to the stories first, then let them know there's a little problem for you here...
Quads: you gotta find out how they did it...

Reaction score
I saw this quote on this thread and had to make a comment:

Originally posted by NMMWCR
Are we supposed to believe you're keeping a spreadsheet of your stats broken down by blonde, brunette, and redhead? If a guy has more than a dozen partners by the time he is 22, its because he can't get anyone to come back for seconds so he has to start over once he scores and she figures out his game is a front and he's a dud in the sack. A number like 62 doesn't make you a DJ or a stud, it makes you a dumbazz.

1. maybe if he has had a dozen or so by 22 it's because he loves playing the game.
2. it doesn't mean that he is a bad lay.
3. I am over 100 and I'm not a bad lay:

"My love, my friend
When I first saw you I felt your sprit.......I brought me back in time, when I was not alive yet, not even a thought to anyone.
You sent me to that place where only we can be together,you know the one ........
I often think of your wonderful black skin touching my Ivory skin..........although i am a child of the sun .my skin is fair.....The contrast when we are connected sets a blaze.......Your kiss is ignightig..Daddy I need you so, Mi Amour! My love, my friend

Oh my love! My only man that has made my brown pus*sy feel so good. I tremble with the thought of your big manhood taking me.we should film it.............."

I have tons of others from many different women...I won't bore you with them...I only use them to stress my points.

4. I'm confused now. I thought a Don Juan was about being like the original Don Juan.... I know a few fools have posted it's about being a man or it's about giving to yourself...I do think the name Don Juan need to be changed for this site cause it's misleading.

5. I think several other posters share my viewpoint on this subject:

"hey
this place used to be different, with peoples attitudes like yours far outwaying the blind sheep, now sadly it seems the sheep have overtaken"

6. I don't think there is a good answer for your question. Some guys on here are prissy and square'ish, prudish...and not what I would call a real Don Juan. Then alot are.

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think most guys go around saying, ok if the chick is 24 and she has been with 15 guys I'll give her a shot but damn it if she fvcked that 16th guy, well then she's a slut.
I don't ask for a number, I really don't want to know unless she feels comfortable telling me without me asking. I guess if a girl I was dating told me she had slept with 100 guys I would probably be waiting for an explanation but the girls I have dated have had only a couple of partners if any before me.
I think for even "holy rollers" as you may or may not place me it depends more on how much you value your sexuality. I mean if you sleep with a different person every other day for a week after losing your virginity(3 different people), then that tells me more than if you were in 5 str that didn't work out.

Chaos-Knight

Don Juan
Reaction score
My translation of "slvt" is alot different then
some of you...
IMO slvts are the ones using sex to break up relationships
and to cause people problems...and maybe even the ones
that cheat alot.

I'd rather an experienced woman (like sexy "M"):D

at age 20 upto 40 partners wouldn't bother me.
But I would ask a girl to get tested a few times...
more then 50 at age 20 I think would be questionable.

Some of you love the word Slvt...
If you think more then 1 partner for a girl
makes her a slvt,then you just called most of
the woman on this planet slvts!:rolleyes:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Providing how many partners you've had is bound to open Pandora's box. I wouldn't talk about it what so ever. If I met up with a person who is hung up on the number I would just move on. Who knows what other hang ups they have. What has happened in the past is in the past, all that matters is what is going on in the here and now. Anything beyond that is just AFCs (both men and women) that thrive on playing the morality game.[/b]

Just my three cents....

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know an Italian guy (sleezy character) who's had 100+. The problem is that women don't want an LTR with the guy, cos he does not hide this side of himself at all.

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a feature article in today's New York Daily News on this very subject. If you can get your hands on it, read it.

If not, one interesting research study mentioned in the article found that women, for the most part, have had as many, if not more, sexual partners than men. The thing is, many women don't want to admit it, while men do.

This is solid research that supports the famous "anti-slut defense" theory.

The_King

Don Juan
Reaction score
Since getting firmly out of an LTR.

I am averaging one a month...I say thats about right for me at the moment. Thats being picky as well. Some people say its a numbers game but for me its become a beuatiful numbers game. I like keeping the quality control going.....

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, I am not going to believe for one second whatever number a woman gives me. If she tells at all, the number isn't going to reflect reality. I don't even ask. I pay a lot closer attention to the stories she tells about exes. If she is doing quality, I don't give a rip about how many she has had. I expect her to have had more partners than me because I tend to stick with one girl for 2 or more years at a time.

If she has been hooking up with white trash, she is ***** and she'll be cheating on me within a month. I'm not looking to do her and kick her because she ain't worth the risk of disease and dealing with her drama.

If she has stories about how all the men in her life have been azzholes and every breakup was entirely the guy's fault, she also gets a ***** label. A woman who will admit that she was to blame at least 50/50 on one or more breakups has maturity and class.

Simply put, a classy lady who discriminates for quality in her partners is going to have an "OK" number. There is a real shortage of quality men out there so she isn't likely to have found hundreds that met her standards and weren't already married.

College numbers don't count because she was young and stupid and experimenting.