Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Nothing yet since updating my latest online dating profile...

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My latest write-up has been visible for about four days now and not a single wink or email from anyone. I emailed three girls and none of them have replied. I mean, i haven't even gotten winked at or emailed by even a fugly girl. The two pics i posted passed the test with my sister (who happens to be a very talented professional photographer). She was quite enthusiastic about them. However, i am not smiling or looking directly in the camera in either one. Nor does either one show my entire body, but it is obvious that I'm in good shape when looking at my face, neck, and upper arms. Maybe i'm just being impatient. Anyway, read over my latest profile write-up and give me your observations and opinions...

I’m a Gemini, so there’s no debating it…style wins over practicality, every time.

My sense of humor is dry. It's the details that make me laugh. Modern British stuff. Ricky Gervais. (I actually know who Karl Pilkington is. Do you?)

I once spent a magical summer in Italy drawing and painting. I drift back and I hear those sounds echoing outside my apartment. Sounds of late afternoon banter between a boy playing in the street below and his mother, busy preparing the evening supper.

My first solo flight as a student pilot was one of those rare moments of pure aliveness. It is a daunting feeling when your instructor and all the experience he represents steps out of the plane and you realize that, for once, you are all alone. But somewhere inside is a knowing that you will get it in the air and you will bring the thing back to earth again and you are ready to make it happen.

I play bass and guitar. It was one of those commitments that you are happy to make. The result has been years of mystery, years of searching, and savoring the rewards that do come…eventually.

My free time is mine to guard over a scotch, a cigar, and a good book, but I’ll be happy to make the time just to share in the cooking duties with good company.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole thing is just weird.

But the biggest, biggest fault? DON'T MENTION YOUR MOTHER!!

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of the girls on Match.com aren't subscribers and can't reply.

Other than that, if I were a girl, I wouldn't care if a guy smokes cigars or paints or if his sense of humor is dry (cause saying it doesn't prove anything...). I'd just care if he's hot, makes me laugh/fun to be around, makes good money, can show him off to my friends, etc.

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Amante,

Are you offering to write a profile for me, based on the info already supplied?

I feel like all of these profiles i have written are weak, weak, weak. I'm talking about WHAT I LIKE (interests and hobbies), not WHO I AM (personality)

I feel like i'm offering nothing exciting, nothing concrete, nothing for a woman to want to respond to...

It's about ME not WHAT I'M INTO...

This goddamn profile writing is sooo frustrating and drawn-out...

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be honest here. I could write that I eat babies, and as long as I was hot, I would get a ton of responses. 9 times out of 10 if you're pics are hot, you'll get a response without anyone even bothering to read your profile. I do it, you do it, we all do it.

wunnaBsmooth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey! dude!

Hey! Amante Silvestre!

I think you're on to something there!
Wanna write one up for me? If it works, I'll send YOU the $15..... How's that for a deal? And before everyone jumps in wanna start a small internet pickup site? ----lol

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
I have the answer to your problem . . .

GET THE FVCK OUT IN THE REAL WORLD AND SPIN SOME PLATES!

What the hell is your deal? You ramble on and on about your goddamn profile bullsh!t. Instead of relying on Dr. Phil or E-Harmony go out and have a fvcking life instead of relying on what guys here think of your writing skills.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that much. I think I metioned in the other thread that it was just too feminine and that you need good pictures that show that people can actually stand be around you and that you have a life.

Suggestion:

0.) Stop trusting the advice of women (ie your sister - they are biased)
1.) Buy a good digital camera if you don't have one
2.) Find a friend and go the airport (bring landlady's daugher if she's hot)
3.) Rent a 172 and take a couple hops around the patch.
4.) Have friend take pictures of you doing the pre-flight, runup, with others, etc.
5.) Leave the airport and go bike riding / jogging / tennis where there are people
6.) Have friend take more pictures of you.
7.) Come home
8.) Erase your other profile
9.) Upload a few of the better pictures
10.) Change profile to say "Fun interesting active guy interested in meeting healthy, interesting women for casual dating."
11.) Then log out and forget about it for 1 week (yes 7 days)
12.) Follow brother Karma's advice word for word :)

...you will be gettin' tail before you know it.

ps. Do the bootcamp (again if needed) it will help you build confidence.

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sinistar said:
3.) Rent a 172 and take a couple hops around the patch.
4.) Have friend take pictures of you doing the pre-flight, runup, with others, etc.
Sinistar,

You clearly know more than the average person 'bout airplanes. Have you taken lessons yourself?

Great advice, but i can't follow through on it because i'm not current and I, uh, think i threw my logbook out when i "gave up on aviation". I know...HORRENDOUS mistake, but i thought i was forever finished with flying...

I need to buy a new point-n-shoot digital camera. I'll prob get a Canon Powershot A560 from newegg.com.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
GET THE FVCK OUT IN THE REAL WORLD AND SPIN SOME PLATES!

What the hell is your deal? You ramble on and on about your goddamn profile bullsh!t. Instead of relying on Dr. Phil or E-Harmony go out and have a fvcking life instead of relying on what guys here think of your writing skills.
LOL. I am going to give your rep points for this. Karmasutra is totally right with this statement. This is what I call toughlove.

BTW you should never use the internet as your primary source for gaming woman. GET THE FVCK OUT IN THE REAL WORLD AND SPIN SOME PLATES.

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I started over from scratch and didn't really TRY so much. I just described who i am and what i want and what my date and i would do...

A typical Gemini, I have been described as laid-back, observant, creative, curious, detail-oriented, intuitive, perceptive, and well-spoken. I have a craftsman’s instinct which finds its expression through the process of writing and recording music as well as painting pictures and putting words together.

I enjoy watching movies, reading while smoking a great cigar, working-out, listening to music, college lectures, podcasts, and comedy on my iPod, spending lunch breaks at a local cafe, dining out (mainly on Indian and Thai cuisine), travels with my family, good times with close friends, stimulating conversation, photography, and photo-editing. My interests include history, philosophy, travel, aviation, formula 1 racing, and world soccer.

I want a woman who is confident, well-educated, fashionable, someone who knows a great deal about many things, who isn’t afraid to use her mind, who loves to explore new food and new places, who values a well-done movie, who savors a great cup of coffee, and finds intelligent and meaningful conversation to be a welcome relief. A healthy relationship with her father is a must.

Together, you and I will enjoy great movies and talk about them afterward, consider “the big picture” through conversation on everything from religion to politics, explore the North Shore coast, dine out on amazing food, see a play in Boston, and anything else that strikes us as a great idea…

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YOU guys are being hard on my man... TOUGH LOVE, YES. maybe he is busy and needs this for some confidence. I am busy right now and use the internet a good bit for sarging and I SHOULD BE TRYING REAL WORLD PLATES and I WOULD PROBABLY BE BETTER OFF TOO. but the same flakes you met online are the same ones you would meet in the real world. IT is a numbers game still. I have gotten laid and screwed up by woman I have met on the net, so I guess it depends on what you are looking for. IF you wanna get laid, you can do it online. I am wanting more than the lay at this point in my life though. I REALLY SHOULD TRY SPINNING REAL WORLD PLATES, NO ARGUEMENT FROM ME ON THAT POINT .

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't have much experience with online dating, but what I am reading is putting me to sleep.

You are LISTING things instead of painting a picture with words.

You need to write something that makes her pay attention. Something that jumps up and grabs her.

Part of the work I do is creating television commercials (and an infomercial) and web and print ads that grab people's attention.

I listen to these car dealers ads on the radio and TV and wonder why the HELL these guys would spend thousands and thousands of dollars every month to sound exactly like all of the other car dealers. It amazes me!

If just ONE of these dealers were smart, they would create an identity, a BRAND that would distinguish them from all the rest. Yet all they manage to do is create ads that are indistinguishable from their competition.

Your profile looks like one of these car dealers ads. It sounds like all the rest.

I read a post on here recently about a ****y/funny profile someone wrote up, and it sounded great! That's what i would do. I would dish out a few nuggets of info about who you are, but devote more time to making the women WANT to know more about you, even making them qualify themselves to you.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How are you pics? Pics are a thousand words...and at the risk of undermining all the work you did for the text...will reel in the hits. If you have hot or decent looking pics, then the good write-up will get them writing to you.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amante Silvestre said:
First, never f-cking take advice from someone who tells you to invest in new photography equipment, and then without skipping a beat tells you to rent a plane, all for the purpose of getting a few good pics for your online profile. WTF is that? I know pilots. These guys are chemical and computer engineers. They grounded themselves because rental fees and the price of gasoline has become ridiculous. This wonderful advice will cost you $500 minimum. And where will you be? Right back online wondering why women aren't responding to your ad. F-ck that.
...I think you missed the point there dude. The goal is to get him out of the house, away from the computer and get doing things - real things. What bugs me is when someone writes that they are interested in flying (or any other actual hobby or inteest) but they don't actually do it. The same goes for getting "lost on a tropical island", blah, blah, blah. It sounds gay. Women will look at a few of his current pictures first! ...then (if he's lucky) they will read the 1st few of lines of his profile and NEXT. He's experiencing it already. What is exciting / mysterious or interesting about a guy who sits by himself reading, smoking cigars, playing music in his apt or listening to pod casts?

The plain truth is that GtarPlayr has very little right now to spark a credible interest level in a HB. He can write words all day long, but without pictures or some other medium to help him sell it (or make her believe it) he's wasting his time.

Maybe you'd like to run a poll because I think you're in the minority by downplaying the importance of decent credible pictures for a online profile.

Gtarplayr wants to sell his pilot stuff - then get a few pictures to back it up. BTW, I recently did a flight (as I described earlier) and it cost me 1/4 of what you quoted (fully rented from a FBO, no discounts). For $25/hr (covers her aviation fuel cost) my wife would happily take him up in her plane to get him airborne again. Or maybe if a person is actually into this stuff for real, great opportunities come your way. The wife used to jump in a restored military twin jet prop and do flights to run the aircraft for a club (which she donates time too). Did that burn some fuel - oh fvck yeah :| Cost to them => $0 :) And you should see the smile on her face, strapped in the ejection seats taxiing out for takeoff.

The point above - that picture can't be faked. It oozes actions vs words. In the online dating world, it works. And the best part, it probably means the dude in the interesting pictures has an interesting life where women aren't his # 1 priority. And that's even more attractive to the HB's.

And the camera. I seem to recall Gtar mentioning his camera situation sucks. Why not get one. He claims he's into photography in his recent profile. Wouldn't a photographer at least have a camera?

The guy asked for help. Your post provided nothing he could use to help him with his attempt at fixing his profile. To be honest the best advise still comes from Karma.

ps. If rep points bother you so much why are yours still visible?

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guitarplayer I think posting a pic of yourself would be helpful. We could help you with your style and see if maybe the pics are the problem here.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Amante Silvestre said:
Second, this whole "get out into the real world" BS advise is just that. You're out in the real world every time you walk out your front door. When you're browsing over the bread in isle 7 in the supermarket, you're in the real word. When you buy your chewing gum at 7-11, you're out in the real world. You can't avoid the real world. You're in it every f-cking day. Getting out there isn't the problem. The problem is learning how to function within it. These guys are just pushing a massive generalization when they say that. What's worse is some f-ck nut who idolizes him for it. Welcome to the world of reputation points....
Exactly what I would expect from one keyboard Jockey to another. You and Gtarplucker should get your Word processors and compare fonts.

Noone is pushing a broad generalization (although I may spout now and again about generalizing broads :yes: )? And yes, if you need to fault someone about being a goddamned chicken-pvssy and crying over spilt descriptions of himself on a fvcking dating site, it should be you helping this idiot write and re-write ad nauseum.

Don't start slinging sh!t buddy boy, you're outgunned . . .

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding aviation, I was originally going for a career in aviation as an airline pilot or corporate pilot. I got my private pilot's license and then decided to get out during IFR training because i was feeling like a fish out of water. I didn't think i was cut out for it. There wasn't enough intellectual or creative stimulation involved. My strengths lie in communication, music, art, history, philosophy - all on the opposite end of the skill spectrum from which aviation lies, with its emphasis on math, procedure, rules, regulations, planning, etc. So, yes, i use my pilot's license for its wow-factor with women. But i don't need to as my music and art talents provide more than enough of that.

Hey, here's an idea: why don't i just post a bunch of my paintings on my profile. They'll be lining up "out the door". Every chick who sees my work is always super-impressed. I mean, seriously, a picture is worth a thousand words. I could say i'm an artist, but showing them my work would be so much better and would get their respect and interest immediately.

As for sitting behind my computer, well, that is who i am. I don't apologize for it. I work in IT for a living (but am far from "the IT look". I'm just good with technology and communicating to people about it). Is it fucking OK to be an indoorsy guy?! This is really pissing me off now, with this whole get-out-into-the-world bias. I get out during work, during work breaks at cafes, at the gym, cycling around my town, errands, band practice. So i get out. I'm not now, nor will i ever be, fucking Indiana Jones. I'm an artist, a musician, and an intellectual. That is who i am and the second i change that is the second the right women for me will fail to see any value in me. America is goddamned outdoors, sports, bars, and clubs-oriented. That's not for me. OK? Nor was it for Da Vinci, Cezanne, Einstein, John Paul Jones, Michelangelo, or Camus...

My latest write-up has already garnered praise from one "third party woman" who is neither friend nor family. It's the first write-up i haven't tried to impress or be dreamy with. If you saw other guys' write-ups, believe me, my latest is miles ahead. 95% of them are rediculously poor attempts at ****y-funny or are just plain bad. What i haven't liked about all this profile writing has been the sheer intentionality of it, the calculating how-can-i-grab-her BS of it all. No, here's who i am, here's what i do. Fucking deal with it. You know, it's incredible. I read a number of women's profiles and they are so simple and unpretentious. I'm such-and-such personality. I like to do such and such...". They are not trying to "paint a picture with words". Then i read the guys and it's night-and-day different. It's so obvious they're all trying to be the funny guy, the witty guy, etc. It's blatantly fake, blatantly put-on, blatantly trying to entertain. I say fuck that. I'm not going to be one of those guys trying, trying, trying.

As for my pics, i've gotten third party unbiased confirmation that they work well. One of them currently rates 8.6 on hotornot. That's my default pic for my OD profile.