Not Wanting != Not Liking

Raptured Phoenix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello.

In my early experiences with women and the DJ mindset and the like, I made a grave mistake in my trying to stop being nervous and needy and clingy. I stopped giving a **** about girls.

I mean...I can honestly say I didn't "like" anyone. I was able to be very succesful with females...but I never ended up liking them, and hence never felt like doing anything sexual nor romantic with them.

Today I was reading a Carlos Castaneda book. In it Juan Matus (who he coincidently calls don Juan) tells carlos that he had the impeccability of a warrior because he did not WANT anything. However he made a stupid mistake and at the same time stopped 'liking' everything and hence his life had become dull and boring.

This struck home with me.

I realized what I had been doing for a long time. I DO like females right now, in fact I like one very special lady (my gf) but the hardest thing to explain is that I don't 'want' in the conventional way.

This is a challange, but also an incredible accomplishment to achieve.

In short: Learn to LIKE, but not to WANT.

Fender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you should replace the "want" with a "need"?

I 'want' the girl, yes i do, but i don't NEED her. If she says 'No", it ain't the end of the world for me.

But yes, thanks for the tip. Helps Kill the desperation

:cheer:

-peace-

Don Corleone

Don Juan
Reaction score
Youve got it right. You should never need another person. Though attatchment is natural and human nature, you cannot benefit from it.

You only need yourself, you can want things, but in the end, all you got is yourself.

Never base your happiness on another, for only you can make yourself truly happy.