Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Not/never been in love with my GF...

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been thinking about this one for a while now so I was hoping to get some input from the mature men around here and get some advice.

I've been dating with the same girl for a year now, she's smart, funny, takes great care of me and the sex is great... Physically I'd say she's a 7. So far everything’s been good and our relationship so far has been without any red flags. I could easily say she's been the best girl I've dated so far. Our relationship just kinda happened, we both were single and we kept hooking up and going out/spending time together because we were having a great time, next thing I know we've been going out for a year.

She's probably my best friend. The problem is, I'm not in love with her nor have I ever been. Don't get me wrong I love her, but it's more like a friend wise love. If she'd be cut out of my life I'd miss her, but I'd get over it pretty fast too and that's what troubles me a bit. I've had girlfriends that I loved, but they carried a lot of baggage and were crap girlfriends. Now I have probably my best girlfriend so far and I'm not in love with her. I thought that by now feelings of love would have come, spending enough time with the perfect girl would make me fall for her, but it just doesn't happen.

Sometimes I wonder if I'd spend the rest of my life with her, would I be happy? And then I'd compare with the other girlfriends I'd had before. The ones I loved but with the baggage for sure would have ended up in me being unhappy. If your girlfriend is your best friend, then I assume life would be nice... But sometimes, I wonder if something is missing.......

I often hear that the feelings of love pass by, but they come back once and a while and that the most important thing is being friends. Compatibility and friendship is certainly not our problem, but would the lack of love become a problem? What if I ever fall for another woman?

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think she's stuck around because you're not "in love" with her and supplicating to her. I'm guessing it shows somehow

Ding ding ding..

I once told a girl flat out the first time we talked on the phone that i had no intentions to get into a relationship with her. We ended up being good fvck buddies for about two and a half years. I never told her i loved her, i told her i didn't love her, and i never had...She stayed regardless.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been thinking about this one for a while now so I was hoping to get some input from the mature men around here and get some advice.

I've been dating with the same girl for a year now, she's smart, funny, takes great care of me and the sex is great... Physically I'd say she's a 7. So far everything’s been good and our relationship so far has been without any red flags. I could easily say she's been the best girl I've dated so far. Our relationship just kinda happened, we both were single and we kept hooking up and going out/spending time together because we were having a great time, next thing I know we've been going out for a year.

She's probably my best friend. The problem is, I'm not in love with her nor have I ever been. Don't get me wrong I love her, but it's more like a friend wise love. If she'd be cut out of my life I'd miss her, but I'd get over it pretty fast too and that's what troubles me a bit. I've had girlfriends that I loved, but they carried a lot of baggage and were crap girlfriends. Now I have probably my best girlfriend so far and I'm not in love with her. I thought that by now feelings of love would have come, spending enough time with the perfect girl would make me fall for her, but it just doesn't happen.

Sometimes I wonder if I'd spend the rest of my life with her, would I be happy? And then I'd compare with the other girlfriends I'd had before. The ones I loved but with the baggage for sure would have ended up in me being unhappy. If your girlfriend is your best friend, then I assume life would be nice... But sometimes, I wonder if something is missing.......

I often hear that the feelings of love pass by, but they come back once and a while and that the most important thing is being friends. Compatibility and friendship is certainly not our problem, but would the lack of love become a problem? What if I ever fall for another woman?
How's you guys sex? Often enough we are attracted and have strong feelings for ones not "good" for us. And then the one who you don't have that "feeling" and you are more compatible with.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are associating drama & infatuation for that "in love" feeling. Because you are used to that side of things you feel you are missing something but you also say the sex is great, and that she is your best friend.

So you have found someone whom you love & care about & who loves & cares about you but since you are used to high drama & infatuation you feel you are missing something.

I am not suggesting you settle, not at all, I'm just wondering have you really examined your attraction history? Do you usually date crazy women and then wonder why they can't connect or eventually you have hot/cold, push/pull until the instability of the relationship breaks it up? Or the girls cheat, or you cheat and on and on. Those are relationships where you fall "in love" through all the emotional ride but often those roller coaster relationships make bad permanent relationships. This site is full of men who got beat up and spit out by the crazy woman roller coaster.

Even in relationships where excitement exists, over time it waxes and wanes, and can flip to negatively charged energy too.

You have to know yourself and determine what you most value in a relationship. Do you prefer stability or polarity? These things have a hard time coexisting. When it does coexist it can be a lovely delicious experience but few couples temper the polarity with enough stability to last. Couples who do manage to maintain such a balance are often together for life, and very devoted to one another.

When you are both elderly it is the friendship and compatability piece that shines the brightest.

Those are some thoughts you might consider.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fornication does not equal love.

Think rationally, not emotionally. Fornication is a something done to satisfy one's physical needs. If one brings emotions into it, one has lost the game.

See it for what it is. I have the same situation you do. However, i keep her around because women nowadays don't take care of men. I engage in great intercourse with her, but i'm not besotted.

PantyWhisperer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I married the woman you describe and over the long haul, I don't regret a thing. 18 years and she is a great partner, and a great mother.