Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Non-Penny Plays

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw a thread on penny plays, some posters were asking about stocks that aren't so influenced by volume...

My pick: NVDA. Extremely undervalued and I see an increasing trend in less than 6 months happening. Probably 13-14 sometime in that time frame, potentially more.

I'd love to here comments that say otherwise, and posts about other blue chip picks.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wish I shorted tesla when it went public but i hear they didn't have shares to borrow. Oh well, might still short it anyway, they won't make money unless they get subsidized heavily.

Wish I got BP at 27. Its still undervalued as far as I am concerned but I feel I can get it cheaper than it is now.

Not really sure on Nvidia. they have had some earnings trouble in the past few years ( EBIT has been negative), but before that they were doing relatively okay. it is trading at a low price per earnings so if it rebounds you might make a few bucks.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other day I was looking through some stocks and I came across MEND, a medical stock (duh) I checked it yesterday and it had gapped up on about twenty times normal volume. I have no idea what's behind the surge in volume, but it may be setting up for a big upside run.

see the chart here.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
The other day I was looking through some stocks and I came across MEND, a medical stock (duh) I checked it yesterday and it had gapped up on about twenty times normal volume. I have no idea what's behind the surge in volume, but it may be setting up for a big upside run.

see the chart here.
Potential acquisition drove up the volume. Meh, market cap is low and cash flow is pretty bad.. but thanks for some insight!

synergy1 said:
wish I shorted tesla when it went public but i hear they didn't have shares to borrow. Oh well, might still short it anyway, they won't make money unless they get subsidized heavily.

Wish I got BP at 27. Its still undervalued as far as I am concerned but I feel I can get it cheaper than it is now.

Not really sure on Nvidia. they have had some earnings trouble in the past few years ( EBIT has been negative), but before that they were doing relatively okay. it is trading at a low price per earnings so if it rebounds you might make a few bucks.
Recent earnings were very good actually... but yes you are correct, prior to the recent earnings announcement, NVDA was not stellar.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good idea for a thread. Can you also please say what kind of play it is, ie: day trade, swing trade, year-long investment, etc?

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NVDA solid strong today. :)
By the way, my play is a year long investment; unless gains are sufficient to get out early. Chart says it all and is subject to change.

sharkbeat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nvidia? Seriously? I owned that stock several years ago, thinking that it might go somewhere. It was a mistake. Look at their financials, their revenues since the past two years have been down and their expenses are up. That is a sign of a bad company. Nvidia used to be good, not anymore.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sharkybear said:
Nvidia? Seriously? I owned that stock several years ago, thinking that it might go somewhere. It was a mistake. Look at their financials, their revenues since the past two years have been down and their expenses are up. That is a sign of a bad company. Nvidia used to be good, not anymore.
Well lets be fair. In 8 of the last 10 years, they had steady earnings as well as climbing EBIT...while not super great , they were at least consistent. The cost of doing business must have gone up because their earnings went to **** in the past 2 years. They have been conservatively financed and have taken on such small debt, one year of profits would wipe their books clean.

My knock on it is that nvidia's products have little brand loyalty. In the video card market, other companies also have good market share including ASUS who make high quality products. In order to further business, they must cut margins to compete, upgrade equipment just to stay in the game. This isn't conducive to long term growth even though I think NVDA seems like a solid company overall.

NVDA has also had to issue over 100 million shares in the past decade, likely to raise capitol so that influences their books. Shareholder equity as a result has been diluted.

This is a cursory analysis of the company. A real analysis would be looking at the marketplace for the product and reading the annual reports. thats a ton of work!

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sharkybear said:
I would have agreed with you... but I'm not basing my position as of several years ago or a couple of months ago. I am saying NOW it is a good pick to get into. $10/share is a steal for this company. Earnings are being reported August 11th, and I see this popping to at least $11.
I'm up 6% since I bought it. But I am consistently buying and selling my positions... so its dropped in a few hundred bucks for me in just a few days.

Also, you have to look at the market share for NVDA in laptop computers. I don't know all the numbers from the top of my head, but if you do your DD, even though NVDA may not be what it used to be (which is a $30+ company), it is for certain undervalued at $10 a share.