Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

non christian attending church meeting today, wow pressure from pastor-any non christ

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
any non christian ppl in here. well today i attended a church meeting, my new friend i met in class told me to come and attend. it held at someones house ,considering its small attendance of only approx 30 ppl guys and girls.

after meeting the pastor , and almsot everyone. we all go gather and talk about school, life and introduction since i'm new-my name, where i go to school, where i live....etc

i foudn the pastor to be very assetive , asking where i attend my last church, asking me how long i been going for and pretty much trying to get me to attend their church. he was very pressuring saying things like "i like to see you again, i can show you pastlife", "do you now what bapatise is"-he read the statement in bible to tell me what it was about-he even wanted to get me bapatise by pouring water on me. asking me when i can come back to the church meeting-which is like a 1 hr bus ride-have no car. busy as i am with school and work i just kinda of declined,but said maybe tues. the pastor and even some other church goers actually want me to attend their church-introducing me to the statements, and words of jesus.

my freind who introduce me to it, said church really helped him. he had family problems, a internet addiction and it helped him a lot spirtually. the pastor taught him self control, how he saw ppl as ungrateful and now after attending church seeing ppl differently. he even said after attending churhc he was happier with life, and saw things in a brighter way. he even mention how ppl need a spirtual life.
he mention how private school kids do better in school and also in life, b/c they emphasize a spirtual aspect of life to them, while public schools don;t . you can't just work, school and then one gets stress, u need a spirtual aspect. ppl that don;t have a spiritual aspect smoke , drink, drugs to ease off stress. the classmate said by going to church it can help me with my life-family problems-nagging, career choice, can;t find girls and dates, unhappy with school and life. and how it helped him alot

i wonder why that pastor is so eager for me to join his church, i attended for 2 yrs at another church-didn;t like it, only went b/c of family friend. i'm not even christian or even attended church growing up. why are they so eager for me to join, and why do some of em even offer to pick u up from ur house to go to fellowship bible study

Reaction score
Forget religion. It's for idiots. Just have fun, be smooth, talk to the ladies!

Pretend to love the religion but just go there to meet girls.

Church is a great place to meet women. Go for it!

The Sperminator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Because they want to help you. Most are good people but sometimes I think they pressure you too much and I don't like that. I want to do things bc I want to not bc someone harasses me. But give it a try you might like it.

Reaction score
Praise Jesus! Bring me that juicy melon that I want to lick all night! Hallejeuah!

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you get the name of the church or with whom they are affiliated?

There are a number of "churches" out there that basically are cults. They are very aggresive about getting you to join...partly out of concern for you soul, but mostly because they are pressured to do so and believe their own salvation is dependent on saving you. They'll insist on you coming to their meetings, offering to pick you up and acting like you're their best friend. After that, they'll try to get you alone and convince you that you're going to hell, and the only way to stop it is for you to convert to whatever they're teaching.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That pastor was much too aggressive. I'd watch out if I were you. I've been going to church for far too long and the things that guy did is not normal.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
any non christian ppl in here.

fwiw, I self-identify as a Christian, especially in places like sosuave where religion is pretty lowly regarded. But I promise I'm not full of sh!t.

i wonder why that pastor is so eager for me to join his church

Pastors are judged by the size of their congregation. Good pastors bring in new members. To be more cynical, it's like a college frat, the more people you have, then the more money you bring in, and the more stuff you can do and buy. It is about money, especially in big churches. I live in a small midwest town where half of the people live below the poverty line, yet the pastors at the 700-1000 member churches are all pulling in six figures a year, some of them a quarter mil/year in bigger towns. Their job is to preach about Jesus, who advocated abandoning material wealth and not being a hypocrite, which is ironic to say the least.

Your friend needed church to help him with the problems in his life. I'm sure you are glad to see him happy. But if you don't need church, then don't go. It is not for everyone. I hardly ever go myself. Jesus was not big on church, either.

Do keep in mind that people change over time. Maybe you will go through rough times at some point and want the social support that church can provide. The guy who wrote half of the New Testament started out hating the church himself.

Another dirty little secret about church, hardly anyone actually reads the bible. Rather than deal with people, if you ever do have questions in the future, it is easier just to look it up yourself: http://www.biblegateway.com/

Back to DJism, did you notice that the preacher man was an alpha male? They all are. Some of them are very charismatic and natural leaders. This makes women swoon for them. Every woman at church is having sex fantasies about the pastor if he is at least halfway decent looking. I have seen my own gf at the time go weak in the knees for a guy named 'Pastor Eddie.'

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well i went to church before , but another one through a family friend-just to check it out, and had nothign to do. i wanted to go to meet ppl, make friends, maybe check out the hot girls too lol haha. i went for 2 yrs off and on , sometimes fellowship and church-was not serious about the religion-just went to network , friends...etc

this classmate told me to come, i didn;t now i was goin to get pressured. it was inside the pastors house, they are constructing a church at another location. i think hes trying to recruit new members considering his size of members from what i saw was only 30 ppl yesterday.
my friend said going to church reguarly can really help u in life: that i'm not sure? he said with life, school, friends-if u having a rough time and that going would u later find out how much help it later brings. u notice how life changes. not sure if its true.
btw i am not christain, was not raised as one. family is non religious,

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i wonder b/c my class mate says he had problems too with life-school, parents nagging him, internet addiction, being ungrateful to life, saw ppl as selfish...etc and that after going to church how life really changed him. he saw life as better, and how it made him happier and more ful filled. he was happier with ppl, friends, family -after going to church and how the pastor there is really there to help u, other churches they don;t even want to talk to u or listen to u and that this pastor nows what he is talking about. he said hes been to the same church i went to and he said he didn't like it,-too much fun and games, bible study was not focussed, and that he liked this church. i think he wants me to come. lol i doubt i will. jsut hate being pressured, feels weird.

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
I used to be pretty down on organized religion, but I have come to the realization that most people generally want to live a good life and help other people, regardless of faith or lack thereof, and whatever helps people achieve that is good. And there are usually cute girls in church.

Canibus27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most church goers are good people, but I wouldn't let them talk you into to anything you don't want to do. I was a Methodist when I was a kid, but since my family didn't go to church a lot I grew away from "God" and I call myself agnostic. And hey, most of the girls who go to private schools are just like girls that go to public schools. People in private schools drink all the time, as much as public school kids.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://exchristian.net/

Have a read over this site and infidelguy.com before you become another bible thumper my friend.

Most of that stuff your friend learned can be learned in the marines too.

What your friend needed at the time was emotional support and help and Christians are only too willing to use emotional vulnerable times to con people into joining their religion.

There are so many underhanded manipulation tactics these people use to get converts its sickening.

1. Fear of Hell
2. Offer emotional support and comfort to a person in a difficult time with the goal being getting them to join your religion. The person is in no condition to look at the religion's dogma objectively they just see the helping hand and assume that because that hand helped them the religion was good and worthy of joining without fully researching it.
3. Having hot chicks go around inviting guys to pizza parties making those guys think the hot chicks are really interested in them and are going to be there but nope its just the guys alone with their pizza while some preacher stands up and starts proselytizing. Dis-gusting.

I could go on and on all day.

As a former hardcore Christian I know all about the things they do to get converts that seem innocent on the surface but really aren't.

As an aside in a psychiatry book I once read the author said one of the keys to mental health was committing to a cause or thing larger than oneself so that could be how your friend attained such happiness but it didn't have to be gotten from the cause of Christianity it could of also been gotten from committing to a relationship, helping the homeless, starting a business etc.

"i wonder why that pastor is so eager for me to join his church, i attended for 2 yrs at another church-didn;t like it, only went b/c of family friend. i'm not even christian or even attended church growing up. why are they so eager for me to join, and why do some of em even offer to pick u up from ur house to go to fellowship bible study"

If he can infect your mind you will become another mindless Christ zombie and help supply the church with money and even if you don't give money your infected mind can bring in more converts who will give money.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
any non christian ppl in here.

fwiw, I self-identify as a Christian, especially in places like sosuave where religion is pretty lowly regarded. But I promise I'm not full of sh!t.
As a former Christian, we used to say love the sinner not the sin. Now, I do exactly the same thing from the reverse perspective; I try to love all people still to the extent that is possible, but I don't much care for Christianity itself.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget about religion. It isn't real. You know what is real? You are real. I am real. This computer I'm typing on is real. God isn't real. Never will be.

Religion is only here because it is a key source of POWER. It is a key source of ideological power that conquerers and chiefs used to keep their people under control. Basically, that means the hot shots used religion to keep the dumb common man under his control.

Forget about this man. By the way, watch out because a lot of priests molest boys/kids. He may want to "baptise" you with something other than water...watch it man. rofl

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo JOE45,

There is a difference between the "traditions of men" that led to the formation of worldwide RELIGIONS and what is "true" Spirituality. Many would be surprised at how DIFFERENTLY the bible itself teaches what true SPIRITUALITY really IS, as opposed to what is usually self-servingly taught within the confines of many "mainstream", denominational, AND non-denominational churches.

Fear, pressure, strongarm tactics, and shaming tactics are FAR from what I would consider to be "proper and respectful" ways of offering someone the opportunity come and learn about what any particular church (a gathering of believers) believes.

I co-sign on the majority of what BIBLE BELT has already stated. My advice to you is to indeed visit a website like www.biblegateway.com. Then choose the Amplified Bible version of the scriptures, because it provides one of the more exhaustive translations of the original hebrew and greek manuscripts.

Then if you are so inclined, READ IT FOR YOURSELF, online. Starting with any of the 4 Gospels (especially the book of MARK). You can do this in the comfort of your own home. Without the pressure. Without the scare tactics. And without the shaming tactics imposed upon you by those who would disagree or seek to ridicule your interest in such things.

Then...decide for YOURSELF if the things you read are a REAL benefit to your life-----OR NOT. Either way, it's all good. Because nothing is more empowering than a decision that you make of your OWN free will. :rockon:

Peace...one day.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great posts, bible_belt and VU

I remember when I went to a friend's church, after a meeting and brief prayer, we were handed envelopes. I didn’t understand what was going on, until I read the back of the envelope, which read:

"Only those bearing gifts shall enter the kingdom of Heaven" (or something like that)

I thought it was a joke. I was waiting for them to point me at the camera and start laughing or yell PUNK'D!!!! But they weren't. To them, this was all legitimate, nothing suspicious. That was my final encounter with church...

But I do believe in being a christian. To be a christian means you live as Christ would, which is a life of humility, generosity, loving your fellow man, and being non-judgmental. Forget celebrity, forget luxury. Embrace suffering. Everybody quotes Fight Club, yet few see the religious metaphors. You do not attain peace and freedom by fulfilling your desires; you attain it by relinquishing them.

I feel the spirit of god, maybe it's just my imagination. It's the bear god, the sun god, whatever makes sense to you. Whatever humbles you, gives you a sense of inner peace and clarity. Whatever spirit was in Jesus that led to such a charitable life, find that spirit within you. The concepts of Buddhism are rich, but it has become commercial and hip. I doubt god cares about scheduled prayer and holy rituals, and if he actually does, then f*ck him, the egomaniac. If he preaches humility and love, he should set the example, not discipline and jealousy.

A problem I see is that people are playing extremes: either any concept of God is a money-making scam, or god does exist, but he's some jerk in the sky waiting to send us all to Hell, and send all the annoying preachers and door-to-door converters to Heaven. You don't have to be for or against god. As ridiculous as it may sound, I have visions of me and him walking and talking, playing catch, hanging out... You dont need to follow any pointless rules or get on your knees and pray. I treat god as a teacher, the kind of person you talk openly to, but would call Sir, and graciously accept any feedback from.

Last edited:

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys tihnk of the King James bible? As in, the bible you find in any book store for 10$. I haven't read it, Im concerned with reading a tainted version. I would like to read the bible it its purest form, or as close to that as possible.

Suggestions?

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh...why don't you NOT waste your time and money and read a book on something useful (read REAL).

You want to be a good person? Just follow the golden rule. End of story. I basically just summed up all the good parts of every religion right there.

I don't need some book to tell me how I should live my life. I don't need a story about some guy getting sacrificed to start going, "oh snap, maybe i should REALLY be a good guy now!"

Nope, religion is trash. But I will use it to control the weak and dumb. Just like the leaders before me.

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-heads lewis said:
Great posts, bible_belt and VU

I remember when I went to a friend's church, after a meeting and brief prayer, we were handed envelopes. I didn’t understand what was going on, until I read the back of the envelope, which read:

"Only those bearing gifts shall enter the kingdom of Heaven" (or something like that)

I thought it was a joke. I was waiting for them to point me at the camera and start laughing or yell PUNK'D!!!! But they weren't. To them, this was all legitimate, nothing suspicious. That was my final encounter with church...

But I do believe in being a christian. To be a christian means you live as Christ would, which is a life of humility, generosity, loving your fellow man, and being non-judgmental. Forget celebrity, forget luxury. Embrace suffering. Everybody quotes Fight Club, yet few see the religious metaphors. You do not attain peace and freedom by fulfilling your desires; you attain it by relinquishing them.

I feel the spirit of god, maybe it's just my imagination. It's the bear god, the sun god, whatever makes sense to you. Whatever humbles you, gives you a sense of inner peace and clarity. Whatever spirit was in Jesus that led to such a charitable life, find that spirit within you. The concepts of Buddhism are rich, but it has become commercial and hip, with too rituals and schedules. I doubt god cares about scheduled prayer and holy rituals, and if he actually does, then f*ck him, the egomaniac. If he preaches humility and love, he should set the example, not discipline and jealousy.

A problem I see is that people are playing extremes: either any concept of God is a money-making scam, or god does exist, but he's some jerk in the sky waiting to send us all to Hell, and send all the annoying preachers and door-to-door converters to Heaven. It doesn't have to be that way. You don't have to be for or against god. As ridiculous as it may sound, I have visions of me and him walking and talking, playing catch, hanging out... You dont need to follow any pointless rules or get on your knees and pray. I treat god as a teacher, the kind of person you talk openly to, but would call Sir, and graciously accept any feedback from.

Big bump for this post. Absolutely terrific.