Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Non-Alcoholic Beer: Sell to Minors?

liberal

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm taking a girl out tomorrow to a nice restaurant to get to know her better.

I was looking at the take home menu and noticed that they offer O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic beer as a beverage. This caught my eye as something different and since we're both not of legal age seemed just right.

Should there be any problem with us getting some of these? Or are they crazy about it for some reason unknown to me?

Probably my most pointless thread ever, but...

JH6

Don Juan
Reaction score
no don't order n/a beer thats cheezy.

Secondly n/a beer has like .5 percent of alcohol in it so you can't buy it anyways.

Nivek

Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't understand why people would drink that ****, i'd take a coke over a beer anyday if they both didn't get me drunk.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only useful thing that comes from NA Beer..is when I'm 21, I'll sell it to kids. yay!

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nivek
i don't understand why people would drink that ****, i'd take a coke over a beer anyday if they both didn't get me drunk.
beer can get you drunk though..
and after u've been drinking beer for a couple of years, theres nothing better then drinking it..

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The leaders of this country need to chill out. NA beer has .5 %alcohol. A usual beer has 5 % alcohol. That means a person would need to drink 100 NA beers to just to equal 1 Budweiser. Do they actually think people will do this? An 18 year old should be able to buy it at least.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bud_2005
That means a person would need to drink 100 NA beers to just to equal 1 Budweiser.
That would be 10, genius.

Also, alcohol is alcohol, and the law is the law. You can't bend it, no matter who you are. Either you respect it, or not.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As the others have said, you won't be able to buy it.

And ODouls sucks.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Engetsu
That would be 10, genius.

Also, alcohol is alcohol, and the law is the law. You can't bend it, no matter who you are. Either you respect it, or not.
Wow 10 beers that didn't get me even a bit tipsy, that'd be enough to disuade me from drinking. Even if I drank them really really REALLY fast I'd still be pretty much dead sober. My semi alcoholic friend has limited himself to N/A beer cause he's got so many DUI's. I really don't see the point, the experience of drinking beer is suppose to go hand in hand with getting a little fayded IMO.

On a side note some wines are going up to 17% alcohol! That means when you're lookin for "the hard stuff" it can have a nice mellow flavor to go good with a nice steak! Watch out the next time your mom has girls over for "book club" and they bust out the bottles... You may end up with a MILF in yoru bed the next morning!

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PRMoon

On a side note some wines are going up to 17% alcohol! That means when you're lookin for "the hard stuff" it can have a nice mellow flavor to go good with a nice steak! Watch out the next time your mom has girls over for "book club" and they bust out the bottles... You may end up with a MILF in yoru bed the next morning!
ah yes.... fortified wine.

K Street

Don Juan
Reaction score
I strongly disagree with naoi deag se deag. ALL non-alcoholic beer sucks. O'Douls isn't alone.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm taking a girl out tomorrow to a nice restaurant to get to know her better.

I was looking at the take home menu and noticed that they offer O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic beer as a beverage. This caught my eye as something different and since we're both not of legal age seemed just right.

Should there be any problem with us getting some of these? Or are they crazy about it for some reason unknown to me?

Probably my most pointless thread ever, but...

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked two police officers about this yesterday and they told me that since non-alcoholic beer contains alcohol that it is still illegal. Although some people might be ignorant to this fact, it's worth a try.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrMetallica
I asked two police officers about this yesterday and they told me that since non-alcoholic beer contains alcohol that it is still illegal. Although some people might be ignorant to this fact, it's worth a try.
Actually, the cops may have been wrong about this. Many states allow minors to buy it. I had to take a special training by my state's Dept. of Liquor Control because I serve alcohol. This very subject came up at the training and was covered quite thoroughly. It's not illegal for minors to be served or sold non-alcoholic beer (at least in my state)...but establishments don't HAVE to sell or serve it to minors, either. It's left to the discretion of the business. It violates no liquor law at all (at least where I live) for minors to drink O'Douls. Most places won't sell or serve it to minors, though.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting Wyldfire. The police officers were probably thinking that selling alcohol to minors is not allowed, no matter how small the amount is. But if that were true then selling mouthwash to minors would be illegal, since mouthwash contains about 23% alcohol.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrMetallica
Interesting Wyldfire. The police officers were probably thinking that selling alcohol to minors is not allowed, no matter how small the amount is. But if that were true then selling mouthwash to minors would be illegal, since mouthwash contains about 23% alcohol.
I checked California's laws...and anything under half a percent of alcohol is not considered an "Alcoholic Beverage" and there is no minimum age to buy it legally. I believe O'douls has a .04% of alcohol, which would make it legal for minors to buy and drink it in California as well as many other states. So...if it was CA cops, they were wrong...which doesn't surprise me. Even a lot of stores and restaurants aren't aware it's legal to sell it to minors in some places.

It DOES taste like crap, though...so I wouldn't recommend anyone drink it anyhow.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why bother?

Personally, I can hardly choke down light beer, much less non-alcoholic beer.

Give me a good 9% ale.:D

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Why bother?

Originally posted by Bonhomme
Personally, I can hardly choke down light beer, much less non-alcoholic beer.

Give me a good 9% ale.:D
Why stop there? Get some Steel Reserve! The special "Steel brewing" process gives it an apealing flavor... if you're homeless! And delivers an 11% punch in every 22oz can!

After drinking it for a month straight when i was living in North Vegas (hey when you're underaged you take what you can get) I developed sort of a taste for it. I also raised my tolorance significantly!

I knew it was crap when I drank a coors light and I said out loud "this is the best tasting beer I've ever had"...No lie, I said that about coors light:down: